Diablo® III

#1 PvP Monk in US - Accepting all Challengers

Looks like the PvP scene is fairly even at the highest levels of the game. As a monk user, i would like to know how you defeat DH.
Reply Quote
Viri vs Joch (#1 Barb)

First to 10

10-2 : Winner is Viri
Reply Quote
How to know if you are no1 in PVP? But i guess you are no1 in PVP in this forum. I met plenty of very good brawlers but do not use the forum (mostly are asians and wtf they are doing in US server).

Viri's gear and skill choices may look meh to other players who don't know about monks but in fact it is a very good burst monk build. And it looks like he mastered the aspect of burst monk brawling - a lesson to others who want to excel in pvp: stick to one character and master it.

I agree w/ Viri, DH is the hardest enemy to put down. Its harder than WD. Even with same experience and mastery of class, DH and WD trumps monk everyday.
Reply Quote
Viri is a skilled monk, but there are class differences. I can't come up with a reliable way to counter my DH as a monk. Very nice job in killing chuck (I can't even scratch him lol). So this is further evidence of my rock-paper-scissors claim: Chucknorris beats me, Viri beats Chucknorris, I beat Viri lol.

Edit: we only did 1st to 5 though, I guess I can rematch Viri to first to 10 style.
Edited by Iria#1342 on 2/25/2013 1:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
Viri vs Joch (#1 Barb)

First to 10

wow. so you've beaten chucknorris, puddinghead and now josh.

no offense but your gear looks like half theirs in cost. you must really be that skilled. nice.
Reply Quote
View profile

no offense but your gear looks like half theirs in cost. you must really be that skilled. nice.

also the fact his 161k dps monk hits harder than a 1064k dps wd helps a bit lol
Reply Quote

Good duels Viri. The setup you use is kinda one i used during PTR but i didn't have too much of a success (probably due to the fact that i don't use Skorn). A couple things to note: consider using instant karma instead of ascension vs DH and watch out for it as it has the potential for you to 1 shot yourself. Other than that you're a beast of dueller!
Reply Quote

doesnt matter. your dps would be far greater than his if u sacraficed the ehp like he did. he is just more skilled at pvp.
Reply Quote
View profile
[quote][quote]
doesnt matter. your dps would be far greater than his if u sacraficed the ehp like he did. he is just more skilled at pvp.

sir you do not understand my point. I have calculated for you here the dmg output of his build for 161k sheet dps to the required sheet dps a wd needs to hit as hard in pvp (something not remotely possible to even come close to with currently available gear). I would explain you more but I think it would be lost on you.

Im not disputing his skill, although I do think you are underestimating mine.
Edited by ChuckNorris#1885 on 2/25/2013 3:38 PM PST
Reply Quote

Wave of Light/Wall of Light = 1202% damage
Seven Sided Strike/Sudden Assault = 2310% damage

You don't need much paper dps when you have skills like that.

Not to mention being immune for 3 seconds and we take 24% extra damage for 3 minutes. 48% extra damage for the first 3 seconds.

It will take huge amounts of ehp if possible to tank those burst hits. It also hits pretty far away like a ranged char.
Reply Quote
#1 EHP barb in the US Iria gets 2 shot by me :) just did testing today!!

BTW paper % damage on skills means absolutely nothing! The math doesnt add up if your going to look at it that way.
Reply Quote
Only if I don't use Ignore Pain and if you crit both waves of light lol.
Reply Quote
View profile
also 30% dmg increase from blinding flash.

I tried to tank at the start with my tank gear which was top 10 ehp for wd in the world and was getting one shot even if it didtn crit lol. I switched to full glass cannon since, as some of you probably seen me running around with the skorn practicing in pub games.
Edited by ChuckNorris#1885 on 2/25/2013 5:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
yah if non crits its just embarrassing vs u iria :S
Reply Quote
i need 4 crits through ignore pain to kill :( .. which i unfortunately dont have the spirit for !! Hence while ill wait until its over ^^
Reply Quote
Dodge analysis against monk's SSS.

These dodge numbers reflect the active Sprint Marathon rune and War Cry Veterans warning rune. I still have to do some testing to give you guys the Dexterity amount required to get these dodge % later on... but roughly, i have a bit under 900dex (45% dodge)

% dodge - hits dodged from SSS (on the average) - SSS weapon damage
< 15% - 0 - 2310%
> 14% - 1 - 1980%
> 29% - 2 - 1650%
> 43% - 3 - 1320%
> 57% - 4 - 990%
> 71% - 5 - 660%

Using Iria's dodge chance currently on the profile page, 27%, a character is hit for 1980% weapon damage. With both War Cry Veteran's Warning and Sprint Rush active a character is hit for 1320% weapon damage, a 33% damage reduction.

If Viri needs 4 crits through ignore pain to kill, it should take 6.67 crits through ignore pain to kill with the re-spec. Please let me know if the math doesn't add up. I'll correct the post when needed.
Edited by arndawg#1193 on 2/25/2013 7:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
its still theoretical, i can only ever get off 2 "hits" that im talking about. These "hits" are not SSS but Wave of Light.
Edited by Viri#1357 on 2/25/2013 7:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
Viri vs Joch (#1 Barb)

First to 10

rofl bad is bad.

and viri, #1 Barb? Really? lol

and I do believe King is a much much better monk than you, in terms of gear and skill.

and it's not close.

besides that though, you gotta be in top 5 :)

Edited by MannerCookie#1362 on 2/26/2013 5:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
what's the basis of being #1 monk? just curious here.
Reply Quote
Ill take him any day! first to 10! tell him! :)

results up here soon!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]