so yea um #1 monk in viri land

10-3 for me, should've been 10-0 if no rock,paper,scissor :(

Edited by MannerCookie#1362 on 2/27/2013 11:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
Viri vs. Manner

First to 10

Winner : Mannercookie

10-3

This guy can keep on hatin, ill keep on rollin.
Reply Quote
GGs viri :D
Reply Quote
Viri, did you find any good wiz and wiz build to play with?
Reply Quote
Viri vs King (monk vs monk)

First Round

First to 7

Winner is Viri

7-5
Reply Quote
Viri vs Zee (monk vs barb)

55-5 and lost count!

Winner is Viri
Reply Quote
Is Mannercookie the only non-DH that has beaten you Viri?
Reply Quote
02/27/2013 07:51 PMPosted by Cyon

who won?

viri, have you played myon, blkdragon or revrac?
Reply Quote
Would be nice to watch a video of you facing DH or WD.
Reply Quote
SELL MONKEY. MONKEY BAAAAAD. U BUY BABA.

BABA>>>>>ALL
Reply Quote
Manners the only non DH i cn think of from the top of my head that can beat me easily right now with current builds used. I havent dueled revrac or black dragon yet! whats black's ID? Id love to get some games in with REVRAC, but i know from experience any top DH can spank my skorn build right now.

If i was richer id have a good 1H and shield aswell for DHs! soon !
Reply Quote
From all the requests for how to beat a WD, i might make a video of me and chuck dueling!
Reply Quote
02/28/2013 09:05 AMPosted by SLY

who won?

viri, have you played myon, blkdragon or revrac?

dh wins =)
Reply Quote
A shield isn't going to help you against a top DH, namely REVRAC, trust me.
Reply Quote
Add me in game id like to duel again
Reply Quote
Hi All

I am a monk from EU service (profile:http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Freddymonk-2454/hero/16872886 ) and here is my experience VS DH:
To my point view, 1 hander + shield and 3000+ life reg are must as it is very unlikely to burst down a good DH within 10-15 sec. you will eat quite few bullets before you can get close to him. The key point I think is nuke, nuke and nuke.
1. Gear wise: to achieve 7000 amor( with STI and MOE), 750+ all ress( with OWE), 80K+ life, 3000+ life reg.. 80k+ dps( as less ASP as possible from gears, coz you want hit hard). 2.0-4.0+ spirit reg.
2. Skill wise: Serenity, BOH, dash strike with quicksliver, MOE with hard target, Deadly reach with keen eye( short ranged attack , you can often hit the boar for 50% extra armor ) and water ally( really useful, eat bullet for you and reduce 60% movement for you, this is deadly after the DH run out of disp). Passive: fleet foot, STI and OWE. Replace the fleet foot with 6 sense fighting with no legacy nat DH.

With the above set up , it is unlikey the hungering arrow will hurt you a lot.
3. Fight style:

1st stage, chase DH with ‘Z’ shape run route, you can try run straight to eat 2 impales with credit if you don’t believe me, it’s just really hurt. Continue chase him with catwalk until he runs out disp( about 10-20 secs really). Please note that keep your spirit full at this stage.
2nd stage, dash strike, dash strike and dash strike until your spirit is below 50. 307% weapon damage with root target for 1 sec and it cost only 10 spirit!. You can continue span for 15 times with some spirit reg, you still have 50 spirit left. To warn you, fight with legacy nat DH is a pain coz the disp reg is 3 per second. If they decide to run away, it is very difficult to catch them.

3rd stage, if you can’t kill them. Run away with CATWALK all the way to the south, there is a shed there , you can run around the shed to regain life and spirit. Then repeat.

The another thing i want to mention is keep your position always at bottom of screen if possible, it will make them not easy to target you.

The above is my experience; maybe there is a better way to duel.
Edited by Freddymonk#2454 on 3/1/2013 5:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/28/2013 07:57 PMPosted by jco310
A shield isn't going to help you against a top DH, namely REVRAC, trust me.

I concur. I don't think a melee character can bring down REVRAC while playing at his best.

If only our exploding palm has a range of the standard rend, we might have a better shot vs. DH.

DH are kind of anti monks now.

03/01/2013 02:17 AMPosted by Freddymonk
1st stage, chase DH with ‘Z’ shape run route, you can try run straight to eat 2 impales with credit if you don’t believe me, it’s just really hurt. Continue chase him with catwalk until he runs out disp( about 10-20 secs really). Please note that keep your spirit full at this stage.

If you can eat a impale with crit two times without dying, you should be able to beat the DH. But I kinda have to agree that being extremely patient is the key. You want the DH to hit backup plan before you hit serenity.
Reply Quote
I'll need to try Freddy's plan, it might work. At the very least, it's something new.
Reply Quote
Ill be on tomorrow guys! :) cnt wait for more duels! results up soon!
Reply Quote
Nobody is Number 1 in pvp for D3 atm hands down. Hook me up I am willing to unseed you as a nobody.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]