Diablo® III

#1 PvP Monk in US - Accepting all Challengers

lol...

MONKEY STILL MONKEYING AROUND?

TIME TO U BUY BABA!
Reply Quote
02/19/2013 05:16 PMPosted by Viri
yes my profile is my pvp gear! gear isnt everything ! :)

Ha
Reply Quote
There is a proper pvp league out there that has controlled and evidenced matches. All proclaimed pvp masters should go to www.d3cl.com and join the proper pvp league and see if u can come out on top. Best 2 ranked players (on EU league) are WD's, while a barb is at 3rd place.
Recently Athene has mentioned this online. So stop the talking and let us see you on the list.
Edited by GagaBane#1836 on 3/7/2013 3:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
name me any of the "top" players from the league and im sure they wont be too much a problem to beat unless theyre a DH :)
Reply Quote
I thinks its best to see for yourself:
http://www.d3cl.com/en/league/view/3/pvp-d3cl-1v1-league-eu.htm
You can check the battlenet profiles from there, but its prone to changes due time.
Reply Quote
I know the people up on the US list , and have dueled each of them numerous times!
Reply Quote
Top ranked WD has 252k dps unbuffed (no pierce the veil) and 111k life which i think is better pvp combo than, say, ChuckNorrise's 175k life with 150k dps buffed.
Reply Quote
Well its a shame then you didnt have the chance to take on the best from EU, since that league has far more players than US unfortunately..
Reply Quote
And i think you would prolly agree that best WD on US list is sad in comparison to the top WD on EU league, wouldnt you?
Reply Quote
Impossible to tell especially since you only gave one stat (hp). I've fought 100k hp WDs that were as tanky as me and 150k hp WDs that get 1-2 shotted. What about AR? Armor? Elite reduction?
Reply Quote
@Myon: I didnt in fact give any stats to compare by in here, I meant by comparing their gear and skills from their battlenet profiles which can be found at the the link i provided. Everything else can be calculated from there on.
Reply Quote
03/07/2013 03:44 AMPosted by GagaBane
Top ranked WD has 252k dps unbuffed (no pierce the veil) and 111k life which i think is better pvp combo than, say, ChuckNorrise's 175k life with 150k dps buffed.

Maximum attainable stats will always be limited by a ceiling which is the maximum attainable gear in the game. I've never met a single person that could take it and give it at the same time, so to speak. If someone is managing to hit me like a truck, I can be reasonably confident in saying they have relatively paper thin defenses. Barring comparative advantages between different gear setups, the balance between offense and defense is pretty zero sum, in a sense.

The only explanation for the possibility of one person being grossly better than another is if there is better saturation of god-tier gear in that region, in other words just better geared. I would in fact expect the reverse, it would be more common in US with its bigger playerbase or Asia where they are really into farming (haha).

I'm saying it's impossible to tell which is the better PvP setup with only that information.
Edited by Myon#1319 on 3/7/2013 5:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
Since we're obviously discussing WD gear here, we must consider the most common WD tactics which is to evade + spirit walk while in meantime trying to kill the opponent before getting killed. No WD, no matter if he had 175k hp and plenty AR/armor, or if he had 115k hp and solid AR, can sustain more than 1-2 direct hits from burst dps dealers like monks and DH's. So its better to rely on solid (nothing extra high) HP and AR/armor and other EHP stats, while having the power to kill with haunt, barrage and other skills with 250+ k dps unbuffed. What good is extremely tanky WD who cant kill barbs and monks before making a kill himself? So its better to have high dps (250k+ unbuffed) with 115k HP which is relatively good and around 900AR and 3.5k armor and rely on spirit walk and tactics to evade and survive long enough to kill anyone using that high dps. Not to mention even that Norris uses PTV which consumes mana and cannot effectively cast spells and deal enough damage per second. Unbuffed pure dps is much better for WD.
Based on that i previously said which was a better pvp combo.
Reply Quote
Since we're obviously discussing WD gear here, we must consider the most common WD tactics which is trying to kill the opponent before getting killed.

this guy obviously knows his stuff. please write a ebook n teach me how to play wd
Edited by ChuckNorris#1885 on 3/7/2013 6:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
:D Well it was bluntly put - of course tactics ary of many different kinds, WD is very versatile character build-wise, but that is what it finally boils down to. But that wasnt even my point, I was suggesting what of the two combinations is better for pvp, which was previously disputed. In the end, that kind of gear combination is prolly what all WD's would want to get if they had a ton of gold...including myself.
Reply Quote
Viri, Correct me if I'm wrong. I heard from my friend wutongshu Barb http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/wutongshu-1668/wutongshu/13471201

and Fritz Monk
http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/fritz-1479/Fritz/1474591

They have defeated you. Any update on that?
Reply Quote
Alot of people can beat me in a single duel, or even two in a row sometimes, just not consistently like a top DH can.

I havent formal first to 10'd them to know for sure , but i regularly trade blows with top players.

I dont remember dueling Fritz, and against barbs with WOTB i need to figure out my spec still.
Reply Quote
@ Supes,

I dueled your barb friend but he doesnt pvp so its not a challenge in any way at all, hell never beat me.

Actually he told me u talked sh*t, which is rather disappointing, too bad the PvP "community" is so unfriendly these days, I spoke to him, he sold his PvP gear today anyways, well he was a good PvP player.

I have no interest in PvP myself except for messing around with my friends, until a TEAM concept of PvP is introduced:)

hahaha basically you don't want to get destroyed and embarrassed by viri. gtfo of here if u got no interest in pvp instead of trying to bring your friend in to fight.
Reply Quote
Alot of people can beat me in a single duel, or even two in a row sometimes, just not consistently like a top DH can.

I havent formal first to 10'd them to know for sure , but i regularly trade blows with top players.

I dont remember dueling Fritz, and against barbs with WOTB i need to figure out my spec still.

Spec for WOTB:

Bring Dummy DH to duel with high EHP, move speed, vault. When Barb activates WOTB, you signal to the DH using a moose-call which tells them to start the vaultgasm. You proceed to Dashing Strike the DH as they Vault away from the Barb at all times, after 15 seconds, signal the DH to stop (as to not be annoying for the rest of the fight) with an elephant noise. The particular animal calls are key in this arrangement.
Reply Quote
Iria! too bad you're not invisible otherwise this strat is seemless! :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]