Diablo® III

I'm new to the community

Hello I recently got diablo 3 and I love it. i've never been to into games forums and communities i usually just play them and then be done with them. Blizzard has changed that with diablo and starcraft. However since im kind of new to this I would like if you guys could fill me in on some of your abbreviations. Things ive seen like a ww build and what not so i can become a more active member in the community.
Reply Quote
WW = whirlwind
HoTA = Hammer of the Ancients
EHP = effective health pool
GAH = gold auction house
RMAH = real money auction house
EF = Echoing Fury
WH = Witching Hour
IAS = increased attack speed
IK = Immortal King
MS = movement speed
'nado = Tornados left behind in a WW build
LoH = Life on Hit
LS = Life Steal
AR = All Resist

EDIT: And welcome aboard! Some people have created threads for helpful builds and stat prioritizing. Some off the top of my head are DBoy, Uberjager, DrFish, Wayneold (sorry for anyone I am forgetting, in a bit of a rush at the moment!)
Edited by Acky#1783 on 2/20/2013 2:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
Thank you! (i posted that from my starcraft account i dunno if that makes a difference or not) But if you would like to critique my Barb feel free! (Constructive Criticisms please haha)
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 02:56 PMPosted by Warmachine
Thank you! (i posted that from my starcraft account i dunno if that makes a difference or not) But if you would like to critique my Barb feel free! (Constructive Criticisms please haha)

it doesn't matter which Blizzard account you use to post questions in the forums. But, it does help to use the profile of the game you are playing, so that if you have questions and whatnot, people can quick-reference to your progress.

And also, to be honest, until you hit level 60, there isn't really any advice to be given. Just keep plugging away!
Reply Quote
WW = whirlwind
HoTA = Hammer of the Ancients
EHP = effective health pool
GAH = gold auction house
RMAH = real money auction house
EF = Echoing Fury
WH = Witching Hour
IAS = increased attack speed
IK = Immortal King
MS = movement speed
'nado = Tornados left behind in a WW build
LoH = Life on Hit
LS = Life Steal
AR = All Resist

EDIT: And welcome aboard! Some people have created threads for helpful builds and stat prioritizing. Some off the top of my head are DBoy, Uberjager, DrFish, Wayneold (sorry for anyone I am forgetting, in a bit of a rush at the moment!)

Don't forget tDPS!
Reply Quote
tdps = tornado dps
Reply Quote
02/22/2013 01:08 PMPosted by SoLiDAlvi
tdps = tornado dps

True DPS actually. It's a measurement of your damage per RTLW + WW cycle.
Reply Quote
02/22/2013 01:10 PMPosted by acrimonious
tdps = tornado dps

True DPS actually. It's a measurement of your damage per RTLW + WW cycle.

well whaddya know
Reply Quote
How exactly is that calculated? just the damage stat?
Reply Quote
Welcome to the boards. Barb forums could be somewhat rough around the edges at times but generally posters are helpful.

Refer to the sticky below which covers many useful topics for new and old barbs alike.
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7591980848
Reply Quote
Welcome to the boards. Barb forums could be somewhat rough around the edges at times but generally posters are helpful

Welcome, barb forums is a lively place to be, lots of melodramas, infighting, arguing but in the end it is still a tight community. i may say that you're in good company here and you will get all the assistance you will need to progress/improve your gears, playstyle and knowledge about the class.

Just a side note, i recently posted a thread in the monk forum asking for further advice on my build and 24 hours had since passed and not even a single player bothered to reply or even pointed me to the stickied compilation of guides just what RagingKoala did here. I knew it beforehand that is was there but just wanted to see if they're are as dynamic and helpful like i have experienced in here and i was DISAPPOINTED.
Edited by RazorX#2330 on 2/25/2013 12:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
Thank you all
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]