Diablo® III

Need build advice? Post here!

Hi,

READ BEFORE POSTING

So I'm slowly reaching the pro area and I always helped random Dh over trade/general channel. Ive decided to make if more official. I will help any DH who posts here. If you already are a strong DH maybe let the place to others who needs more help. Ill try to be constant and come answer you quick in this thread, depending on how strong is your DH I'll tell you general upgrades or on specified items.

My DH is a total glasscanon, but i wont recommend that build to everyone, to help me I recommend you to tell me what kind of build you are looking for : DPS /// EHP/DPS // TANK. If you have no idea we can work somethings out :)

I can track you through your whole upgrades, helping you to decide between two upgrades, helping you searching items on the AH, giving quick gold advice, helping with bosses, ubers. I even carry ppl for key run in mp 7-8 for free.

I will appreciate help from other good DH but im making one rule on this thread : TO LET THE PLACE TO DH WHO NEEDS HELP if you want to give some advice PLEASE post AFTER my answer. I dont want build fights on here or any kind of conflict.

Ive heard couple times that DH are sellfish and dont want to help. WRONG there is plenty of good DHS in this forum who can help you (also many threads). Im making this one and I will keep it up as long as people need help.

Ps: Im a frenchie my english is far from perfect, if you dont understand something just let me know.

Abbreviation Chart :
CC: Critical Chance
CD: Critical Damage
ATKSPD: Attack per second¸
AVG DAM : Average Damage
DEXT: Dexterity
VIT: Vitality
EHP: Effective Health Pool (your survibility)
DPS: Damage Per Second
VW: Vile Ward
WH: The Witching Hour
NATS: Natalya's set (Solace)
INNAS: Inna's set (Grandeur)
WF: Windforce
TRIFECTA: Items with CC/CD and ATKSPD
MS: Movement Speed
AR: All resistance
Edited by FLIGHT#1109 on 2/17/2013 10:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
yes please

Edit: something seems wrong I can't view my profile, any input?
Edited by PaTaPoNn#6254 on 2/17/2013 3:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
I need some help with my DH i prefer EHP/DPS but glasscanon can work also i believe
Reply Quote
yes please

Edit: something seems wrong I can't view my profile, any input?

Yeah you are not the only one, i had problems to sync my profile to d3 progress too, wait couple days it might be from Blizzard

From the research on my side, I cant even see your profile when I type your Gamertag in google. Are you in different server than US? It might be the problem. Otherwise maybe report it by sending a ticket to blizzard

https://us.battle.net/support/en/ticket/status
Edited by FLIGHT#1109 on 2/17/2013 7:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/17/2013 04:25 AMPosted by Loukoumas
I need some help with my DH i prefer EHP/DPS but glasscanon can work also i believe

The EHP/DPS build is more expensive. If you have a limited budjet i recommend you to upgrade a lil more glasscanon and get some AR/VIT throught your progression. Just never go under 30k vit or you are going to have a bad time.

Shoulders: Always go for highest dext, those are decent, vit would be a ++. Aim for VW
Helm : Andy is pretty nice for Dps, try to get one with higher dext and lower Fire damage like 5-6%. If you are looking for more EHP, vit or socket (to get the amethyst gem in it) is a ++. Mempo is always a good one, unfortunately the price on mempo with CC are probably out of your range atm.
Gloves; Aim for Trifecta-dext. The price depends of the stats you want. vit is a ++
Ring: You need CC/CD/atkspd/average damage and dext just try to balance those stats between the 2/// Aim for the Nats ring
Boots: You just need high dext and MS. If youre lacking vit on your other items its not so expensive on boots.
Pants: Need big upgrades there, you get the idea with the high dext thats what u want on pants. High dext and vit but you must have 2 sockets. With a lil more budjet you can start to look for Innas pants
Belt: Get one with both high dext and high vit. Aways keep in mind that you need to end up with WH.
Chest:Not bad for EHP, same thing as pants high dext/ high vit but the problem is from 1 socket. Get one with 3 you will be able to grind even more dext.
Ammy: Same thing as rings, I would let go the vit on it and focus on pure dps on an ammy. Get your EHP up from other gears. you can get one with high dext, CC, CD// or AVG, CC, CD// or ATKSPD, AVG, CC. ect, Just go with the one you can afford, and link it to urself in game to compare.
Bracers: Nice ones for EHP. depending on your new upgrades you can keep it for a while or try to get one with CC.
Quiver: Good job, the only prob is the low ATKSPD but of course it is a detail you can change later in your progress.
Manticore: Idk what is your CD, but maybe the emerald would be better. You try it if you didnt already.

******* Be careful with the Sharpshooter on (in your passive kills) you cannot know the real dps upgrade you get from items. Everytime you wanna look at a new upgrade, or you link something to urself from the AH be sure you change sharpshooter for anything else to see the right dps upgrade. Dont forget you wont stay with sharpshooter forever you need to balance your CC even if you use it*******

Questions?
Edited by FLIGHT#1109 on 2/17/2013 7:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
It seems as though a significant upgrade isn't available to me for approx 10million. So I'm stuck.
I don't keep separate gear for separate tasks, and have no desire to.

I'd simply like to be more effective at higher MPs so that I can begin the process of key farming.

it's also important to note that my profile seems to be a bit off. My crit damage is actually 388% and my Crit chance is 55 (with the 3% Scoundrel buff). These stats are listed on both the in-game display and on d3up.com. D3up also lists my EHP at approx 300k.

I also have, but do not use, a mediocre Vile Ward and a very good set of Strongarm Bracers. I enjoy the Lacuni speed and my crafted Shoulders.

thanks in advance.
Reply Quote
@Otis

I like that uncommon DH. 10m seems correct for your upgrades but im sure if you shop a lil more you can find some nice pieces for less than that.

About the efficiency you have a decent EHp but your dps could be way higher. What about dropping some vit for more damage, like on ur right ring there is some work to do there. CC/CD AVG dam would buff you out and u can keep ur vit and ar on others pieces.

That DML is nice but im pretty sure you would benefit from more ATKSPD over less dext (if u can afford both go ahead!)

Gloves are pretty decent but you want to aim for the best, look into some trifecta ones, lower the dext if u wanna afford with vit or AR.

About that lacuni yeahh it is for sure a nice legendary but you might need cc on it you have 2 choices for a medium budget. 1. Low dext higher cc 2. High dext lower cc. A good strongarm is hard to beat but since ure using manticore i would go for lacuni for the ATKSPD.

For the belt i think you are at the point to look for a good WH. and maybe a depth diggers with 2 sockets?

Youre on the right way just need to play with those stats to balance everything. i would work on ur right ring at first there is def a lack of dps from it.
Reply Quote
If you want to check up some upgrades tell me your budget and add me in game (online atm) i will help you out for the shopping
Reply Quote
Hi Flight,

Can you please check my profile. I have save up around 100m for upgrade but kinda stuck how to get my dps up and add a little more ehp.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/CKay-6821/hero/12240079
Reply Quote
Hi Flight,

Can you please check my profile. I have save up around 100m for upgrade but kinda stuck how to get my dps up and add a little more ehp.

100m is a pretty good budget. I would recommend you to get more than one items and not just one godly.

Few upgrades i see.

First of all you def need to work on your weapon. If u are a calamity lover u must have one with cd and a socket that will help you a lot for the dps and wont touch your current EHP. The marquise ruby in calamity is also a big dps buff.

The innas belt gives you a 130 dext bonus but it will never beat the WH. shop for a nice one like around 35% CD and some nice dext.

That DML is decent but you dont use entangling shot and the dext is a lil low. You could sacrifice you max discpline over one with higher vit/dext dont go under 9% CC and 17% ATKSPD tho.

Decent strongarm for the EHP but you could find one with higher dext.

Keep that VW and Mempo for now

For the gloves i would think of 2 things, Since you can get some nice dps upgrades from other places u could keep a non trifecta gloves but get one with AR and keep same vit.

After you changed some of these you will be able to work on the rings. Ammy is fine for now

*** try archery in ur passive skills, it is real nice buff of your CC ***
Reply Quote
Hey man, I'd really appreciate your help on how to upgrade my DH and whether it'd be worth my time to craft. Thanks!
Reply Quote
02/17/2013 10:58 AMPosted by Martius
Hey man, I'd really appreciate your help on how to upgrade my DH and whether it'd be worth my time to craft. Thanks!

I can't see your profile ? Are u in Us servers? If yes you might need to send a ticket to Blizzard about it. Check what i said to Pataponn above
Reply Quote
Hello, I'd like advice on my character. I just came back from a long break and seems like things have changed. The gear I've collected before I quit my gear was based around mf/gf, I'm not sure how relevant that gears is now. I'd like to increase my damage and be able to survive. I have 200 - 300m to play with (250m if items don't sell on ah). I'm willing to change builds if needed, but I like the survival options I have with current build.
Reply Quote
Hey FLIGHT,
Awesome service for the community. I just started a DH a little while ago and haven't exactly mastered the class by any means. Just wondering if/where you can see any quick and cheap upgrades? I mostly play with a CM wiz ingame so I don't mind the glasscannon build.
Thanks in advance!
Reply Quote
Any advice for a cheap DH set? <10M budget.
Reply Quote
Looking for advice on current EHP/DPS build. I've been given some items im currently wearing and bought very cheap items to fill holes and current needs for the least amount of gold. I'm willing to change my build and skills. Need to get more money for higher dps gear.
Reply Quote
02/17/2013 12:45 PMPosted by FisherPrice
Hello, I'd like advice on my character. I just came back from a long break and seems like things have changed. The gear I've collected before I quit my gear was based around mf/gf, I'm not sure how relevant that gears is now. I'd like to increase my damage and be able to survive. I have 200 - 300m to play with (250m if items don't sell on ah). I'm willing to change builds if needed, but I like the survival options I have with current build.

I would like to help you but there is a problem with blizzard atm that i cant see some ppl profile. Send a ticket to blizzard to fix it.
Reply Quote
Hey FLIGHT,
Awesome service for the community. I just started a DH a little while ago and haven't exactly mastered the class by any means. Just wondering if/where you can see any quick and cheap upgrades? I mostly play with a CM wiz ingame so I don't mind the glasscannon build.
Thanks in advance!

The glasscanon build is every fun to play in coop games. Ppl are expecting high dps from a dh.

You get the main idea but i can see couple upgrades.

Helm : If you want more dps the andy helm will be better (must have low fire damage tho, around 5%). U will lose the Ar from mempo but you can always pick andy with vit.

Bracers: If u dont have a big budget you can go for a strongarm with higher dext, if u have more gold try to shop for lacuni with decent dext (around 70 ) and cc.

Belt: the set bonus from innas wont beat a good WH.

Ring: SOJ is pretty nice for elites but unfortunately we arent fighting elites all the time lol, try to get a nice ring to balance the stats you need the most -- CD/CC/AVG dam/Dext AKTSPD. Prob more Atkspd since manticore is really slow.

Boots: you get some nice EHP from those nats boots but a 200 dext+ one would be nice.

Quiver: You dont use the Entangling shot bonus from ur DML, i would recomment you to find one with ur primary attack. The dext/atkspd and cc are nice keep them up. one with higher vit would be nice too especially if you upgrade ur nats boots u might not be able to buy ones with vit.

Most of your upgrades wont be so cheap you are getting in a higher lvl, but i recommend you to buy more than one upgrades not only 1 gg. Also, take the time to shop, go on the AH couple days and be sure to compare the dps/ehp upgrade by linking it to yourself.

Questions?
Edited by FLIGHT#1109 on 2/17/2013 2:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
Any advice for a cheap DH set? <10M budget.

I would like to help you but i cant see your profile. Send a ticket to blizzard about it, ure not the only one.
Reply Quote
02/17/2013 02:25 PMPosted by Trptronix
Looking for advice on current EHP/DPS build. I've been given some items im currently wearing and bought very cheap items to fill holes and current needs for the least amount of gold. I'm willing to change my build and skills. Need to get more money for higher dps gear.

Same problem =/

02/17/2013 02:50 PMPosted by FLIGHT
would like to help you but i cant see your profile. Send a ticket to blizzard about it, ure not the only one.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]