Diablo® III

Magic weapon/forceweapon/conflag?

wow, sorry I asked :p

So, if I have a fire damage tals and a cold SoJ, using S/B which is proc'd? Just to complicate things further...

I _think_ some confusion is that %elem damage DOES bump overall DPS, it just doesn't change the damage TYPE of what you're using. That's why I asked about Sparkflint (firely familiar) -- some guy was saying it actually changes damage TYPE and that's not correct at all...

No sweat guys, I think I'll do some testing and check it myself, but I think the above is accurate

If you use spectral blades, it procs all elements on your weapon and affixes on tal's, SoJ, Zuni boots, etc. Spectral blades is the ONLY skill that does that, otherwise only the element of the spell is procced. I hope that clearifies things.
Reply Quote
Yeah, I am still confused...

I am currently planning to try a Spectral Blades build. My weapon is a "black" echoing fury and I have a tals ammy that adds 6% fire damage.

Using SB, Would this trigger Conflagration?
Reply Quote
Short answer yes. If you have a Tal Rasha's Ammy that adds fire damage, then any attack made using Spectral Blades will trigger Conflagration.
Edited by TekkZero#1963 on 2/18/2013 11:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 11:33 AMPosted by TekkZero
Short answer yes. If you have a Tal Rasha's Ammy that adds fire damage, then any attack made using Spectral Blades will trigger Conflagration.

But if you read the whole situation on black vs elemental damage, then that elemental affix only triggers on black weapons.

Important to note...... :P

So if I were to be using an elemental weapon, and not my "black" echoing fury, then the fire affix would not trigger conflag. I never saw this mentioned in this post and thought it would be important to point out.
Edited by OldSchool#1359 on 2/18/2013 11:41 AM PST
Reply Quote

But if you read the whole situation on black vs elemental damage, then that elemental affix only triggers on black weapons.

Important to note...... :P

So if I were to be using an elemental weapon, and not my "black" echoing fury, then the fire affix would not trigger conflag. I never saw this mentioned in this post and thought it would be important to point out.

no. you are misunderstanding two things that are different.

the damage property of the add %x as fire is applied to all black damage. all elemental weapons have black damage. its just that roughly 50% of their damage is elemental and remaining is black . so elemental weapons only benefit 50% from triumvirates, zuni shoes etc

the ELEMENTAL effect properties of add %x as fire always applies IF the spell you are using does not convert the elemental effect. (ie: the wording of the spell must exclude "as physical,fire,cold,poison,lightning,arcane"). only spectral blades has that for wizards.

eg: for dh, plenty of their skills do not have specific element damage, eg: hungering arrow all runes except cinder arrow.

wd = SOL, all wd spells have elemental damage, they will never benefit from a cold soj.

barb = also plenty of their skills have no elemental damage, eg; bash, frenzy,cleave etc.

monk = (well, if you aren't using fist of thunderclap...) so doesn't matter.
Edited by chrisloup#6305 on 2/20/2013 10:45 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]