Diablo® III

Waller is a broken affix

I really like the waller affix...when it works. Indoors waller is a pain to deal with, especially if you are ranged. Melee classes have this ability to fight through walls but ranged characters have almost no hope to hit their targets when behind a wall.

When waller is placed in its U shape it is optimal for gameplay, creating many situations that are interesting. Sometimes it spawns sort in a Z shape which is good. Just about everything it does outside works great, and can be very fun.

When waller spawns near a solid object, like a wall or statue, it spawns as an unusual shape. Not like when it is placed outside away from solid objects.

When waller is used indoors it naturally creates many situations where escape is impossible , because of almost always being near a solid object. Sometimes it "jails" the player without that bug (which still exists in 1.0.7). Often when it spawns strangely there can be no escape so death is the only option for players wanting to escape the walls.

Therefore, I think blizzard needs to fix waller overall. It needs to spawn better when it is next to solid objects. Indoor it may need to be smaller to prevent too many impossible situations.

TLDR: Waller needs a some redesign especially indoors to make it a challenge for players not an advantage for monsters.
Reply Quote
When you get "waller" plus "vortex" plus one of the DoT like affixes it's the worst... no amount of "skill" in the world will change anything. It's just a matter of gear. This is how WoW was... and there are a lot of little thing in here... balance wise... that scream WoW... and not Diablo.
Reply Quote
Is this the new reflect damage? The one affix that sometimes kills you once per 10 runs. God forbid you ever have a chance to die in this game. Better get them to nerf waller now.
Reply Quote
02/17/2013 05:16 PMPosted by NiXDart
Is this the new reflect damage? The one affix that sometimes kills you once per 10 runs. God forbid you ever have a chance to die in this game. Better get them to nerf waller now.

02/17/2013 05:25 PMPosted by LordAnkou
Seriously? We're complaining about Waller now? Oh no, it's kinda annoying when I'm in keeps 2 during my Alk runs. Please nerf waller blizzard! Am I doing it right?

So you guys are fine with something that does nothing but one shots you from time to time... its completely unavoidable and no amount of skill in the world can change the out come. Basically its just a random "you die now" bad luck of a roll of the dice? Ya... that is a "game".

I am fine with a game where you die when you do something wrong, or make a mistake, or make the wrong choice... etc... a game shouldn't involve random one shots.
Edited by BannedName#1439 on 2/17/2013 5:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
I'm sorry, how exactly is waller one-shotting you? It does no damage.
Reply Quote
02/17/2013 05:34 PMPosted by LordAnkou
I'm sorry, how exactly is waller one-shotting you? It does no damage.

Easy. Try being caught literally in a wall as both the elite and minions spam arcane sentry, desecrated ground and plague.
Reply Quote
I still don't see how there's an issue with Waller. It's doing its job. If you don't like getting caught by wall in a tight hallway, then don't fight a waller mob in a tight hallway. It's easy enough to pull them somewhere more open. Waller does not need a nerf. No affix needs a nerf, game is too easy.
Reply Quote
The only issue I have ever had with Waller (and it still happens) is when the wall drop directly on my WD and I can not move at all.
Reply Quote
I like waller. I just teleport out and pwn them from the other side. :p
Reply Quote
I was wondering which affix would be the next "broken and badly designed" one after they nerfed RD.
Reply Quote
I was expecting people to start complaining again too, but come on, waller?
Reply Quote
Here we go again. Moving on to the next thing that's slightly annoying. So that Blizzard nerfs it.
Reply Quote
Make the walls destructible (give them life+armor)
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
Draw elites out into larger spaces. Don't stand still and shoot.
Reply Quote
Yea when you actually get STUCK inside the wall its' pretty annoying.
Reply Quote
I thought it might take longer after they nerfed RD before noobs started crying about the next broken affix.

Like someone else said, god forbid you get a challenging change of pace every so often. Nerf it blizz our farm runs arent 100% consistantly the same speed wtf this game is broke waaahh!
Reply Quote
02/17/2013 05:02 PMPosted by Glock
When you get "waller" plus "vortex" plus one of the DoT like affixes it's the worst... no amount of "skill" in the world will change anything. It's just a matter of gear. This is how WoW was... and there are a lot of little thing in here... balance wise... that scream WoW... and not Diablo.

You have no idea what you are saying. Did you even play diablo 2 heavily? Do you remember iron maiden? Do you remember the vipers in nilithaks temple? Do you remember Uber mephisto? Diablo 2 was HEAVILY about gear, and no matter HOW good your gear was, iron maiden and the vipers previously mentioned WOULD one shot you, like litteraly no matter how good your gear was.

I dont know exactly where the diablo universe went wrong but it created the most cry baby community I have ever witnessed this is getting very sad.
Edited by Camisto#1172 on 2/17/2013 6:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
Waller is mostly an anti-DH affix and to some extend, WD.

It's a stupid affix when it does "unintended things". I was once stuck in a corner and they used waller (champion pack) 3 times in row when there was arcane trap dancing around me... and there was a goblin that needed killing. Actually, Waller is mostly there to goblin-block you while you watch them teleport away...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]