Diablo® III

Waller is a broken affix

I'd rather they add 2 skill slots to the bar and up the difficulty a little.
Reply Quote
I have no major problem with any of the affixes...however Waller is very annoying for my DH. I don't mind being walled in and having to fight for my life... but being constantly walled out with a new wall being put in front of my face every 2 seconds can be annoying...lol. It's not really a big deal just an annoyance. Vortex on the other hand is a pet peeve of mine... =P My monk escaping from plagued, molten, desecration, etc... just in time to be sucked right back to imminent death makes me pull out the rest of my hair. Having said that... the game shouldn't be easy and it should frustrate you at times to make it challenging.
Reply Quote
while I don't find waller an issue in 99% of cases. however, he is right in the fact that it can trap you without any way to avoid it and I think that it shouldn't be able to spawn on to of you,That was supposedly fixed according to patch notes, but it seems it did not work. I agree that this removes the element of skill form the fight and is poor design. Taking control away from the character without the means to avoid it for quite long periods is not well designed at all.
Reply Quote
It's part of the challenge I guess...
Reply Quote
02/17/2013 10:18 PMPosted by WhoopinOnYou
the game shouldn't be easy and it should frustrate you at times to make it challenging.

I agree with everyone saying the game should be challenging. But for a puzzle to have a challenge it needs to have a solution. otherwise it's not a challenge... it's just random.

Waller usually has a solution but can also regularly be totally unavoidable. OP is simply asking them to look at reducing the unavoidability to MAKE it a true challenge
Edited by HappySpike#1468 on 2/17/2013 10:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/17/2013 10:06 PMPosted by xxBarabbasxx
How about we just get rid of champ/elites all together....

We'll get there eventually. First we gotta nerf all the affixes to the point where encountering champ/elites isn't really any different from white mobs, and then we can say, "Why are they even in the game? They add no challenge to anything! Get rid of them!"
Reply Quote
We'll get there eventually. First we gotta nerf all the affixes to the point where encountering champ/elites isn't really any different from white mobs, and then we can say, "Why are they even in the game? They add no challenge to anything! Get rid of them!"

I find these assumptions stupid. I think wall SHOULD be more challenging, but it's the anavoidable stuff that isn't even close to challenging, it's just frustrating. They should look at stopping the instant trapping and make it more of a challenge.

How about making walls destructible but when they spawn they don't go away? That way if you get trapped there is a solution to the problem, but managing the walls while still fighting makes it more it more of a challenge.
Reply Quote
come on now , everybody hates it when a wall keeps you from killing a goblin . thats the most annoying thing in the game
Reply Quote
Oh god! Now that they have nerf'd reflect damage it's time to start complaining about something else. The newbes wont rest until they remove all enemies from the game and add in piles of gold and legendaries for people to collect, but something tells me people will still complain about that.

NO GAME IS PERFECT! If something bothers you and makes you mad then quit playing and move on to something else instead of crying about it. It amazes me that people who play sc even have the balls to complain about anything because if you die you just click a button and you're back in the game. If you go to the hc section almost nobody complains about anything and we are the ones that take the bigger risk.

Learn to play!
Edited by ExzoSSG#1169 on 2/17/2013 11:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
Get a life guys how much easier do you want the game to become ...
Die a little live a little ..enjoy the game ...
Reply Quote
When I see posts like this, I actually hope they are merely troll threads.
Reply Quote
02/17/2013 06:05 PMPosted by Sylonce
Make the walls destructible (give them life+armor)

This I could support, otherwise waller is fine.

Edit: would be neat if it explodes after being destroyed dealing a little bit of damage to the player.
Edited by DeMasked#1233 on 2/17/2013 11:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/17/2013 10:29 PMPosted by HappySpike
Waller usually has a solution but can also regularly be totally unavoidable. OP is simply asking them to look at reducing the unavoidability to MAKE it a true challenge
I agree.

With my monk waller is just a free affix, I don't even notice it's there.

With a DH I find it absolutely unnerving, not because it's still bugged, but because it just stops the fight: I can't hit them and they can't hit me...

Waller should be fixed so that enemies use it correctly: trapping you and forcing you to fight, not separating you from them and stop the fight...

At the moment, I think, walls always spawn behin your back so, if you're running away the wall appears between you and the elite. It should be that no matter the direction you're facing, the wall should always spawn so that you get stuck between it and the elite.
Reply Quote
02/17/2013 06:24 PMPosted by Camisto
Diablo 2 was HEAVILY about gear, and no matter HOW good your gear was, iron maiden and the vipers previously mentioned WOULD one shot you, like litteraly no matter how good your gear was.

One shot your merc you mean. Vipers don't one shot you if you have 80+ poison res, max block and 3.5k+ life. Maybe if you only just get to 75res and they spawn with conviction aura.... And while it was gear dependant for sure, you only had to swap in one piece with poison res + poison length reduction 75% if you were having trouble with it, not get every resist in every slot to infinity like this game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]