Diablo® III

Waller is a broken affix

RD was fine, but I guess the current system for it also works fine.

Waller is one of those annoying ones because you can't do anything about it. I wish I could do damage to the wall, and maybe break it. Just like I wish shielding wasn't auto immunity to damage. Shielding should have a set damage limit (maybe to a % of the monster's HP), and then it wears off. Because they made only 1 monster shield at a time, I'm okay with it now. However, I still think it'd work well with the old way as long as you could break the shield.
Reply Quote
Problem isn't really the waller.

But poor maze design of overused narrow corridors and dead ends.
Reply Quote
Isn't the point of affixes to give an advantage to monsters?
Reply Quote
remove all affixes, that would solve it
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 04:29 AMPosted by RumHam
Isn't the point of affixes to give an advantage to monsters?
And how are the monsters advantaged when they prevent themselves from reaching you half the times?
Reply Quote
02/17/2013 04:26 PMPosted by Gorbulan
Indoors waller is a pain to deal with, especially if you are ranged.

Working as intended.
Reply Quote
Does the CC reduction affix affect waller? I'm not sure but it seems like it doesn't. It only seems lame when the walls act more like a prison and you cant move at all, nothing to do but wait till it wears off. Breaking the wall seems like a good idea but I have a feeling you could just blast right through them if you have good dps making them pointless. If the walls were too strong and you couldn't destroy them easily then it wouldn't be much different than waiting for for them to expire. Maybe they shouldn't expire at all until you break them?

Really i think waller is fine and they should concentrate on more important things than tweaking elite affixes. If they really want to mess with the elite affixes I would rather they come up with some new ones.

Someone said

"I'd rather they add 2 skill slots to the bar and up the difficulty a little."

I really like this idea. More active skills/passives could open up all kinds of skill specs. I think that many skills dont get used simply because there just isn't room for them on your bar.
Reply Quote
Seriously?!
It is working perfectly fine (just the way it was intended).
That's what we have to be careful of when facing a waller in a very limited space...
IT IS NOT BROKEN...
All my chars die every now-and-then from a champ/elite pack that have waller + other ground affixes (most notably are Champs w/ waller + arcane sentry)
That U-shaped wall and then they're gonna spawn the sentry inside the wall...
I'd utter all curses that I know, then rage quit... but,
IT IS NOT BROKEN AND DOES NOT NEED FIXING...

This community have too many qq players that when the dev team make a move someone will most definitely qq about it...
It's sad
Edited by L0NEW0LF#1435 on 2/18/2013 5:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
RD was fine, but I guess the current system for it also works fine.

Waller is one of those annoying ones because you can't do anything about it. I wish I could do damage to the wall, and maybe break it. Just like I wish shielding wasn't auto immunity to damage. Shielding should have a set damage limit (maybe to a % of the monster's HP), and then it wears off. Because they made only 1 monster shield at a time, I'm okay with it now. However, I still think it'd work well with the old way as long as you could break the shield.

This.
That is one interesting idea. Breakable walls
Reply Quote
Just got smashed with waller jailer plague arcane golgors on my demon hunter, died twice too fast for my gear level on mp3,.... logged off, havent been on since- whatever point blizz is trying to prove, they can have it.
Reply Quote
God almighty, its called a frickin' challenge OP. Ever heard of one? Or has your life style of !@#-pats and A-for-effort mentality made you incompetent at games too?
Reply Quote
I think Waller is fine as it is, but it can be frustrating. It became apparent to me that the AI script for monsters includes, Cockblocking your path while capitalizing on ground spots and the like. Also, Crazy pathing to ensure maximizing Affixes, such as Melee monsters that would never dare to walk around until they have Molten, then they never stand still and basically just walk circles around maximizing the fire on the ground around you. Those sneaky bastards, but alas, the AI can be annoying and frustrating(vortexing you right as that frozen orb goes off) they are still predictable.

I'll never forget my experience in Act 2 sewers a long time ago. I was at the 4 way puzzle piece with the stairs at 3 directions. I encountered a elite pack with Waller located at the direction where there wasn't any stairs. So i had to path up one of the 2 stairs to go around to get to the Elites. When I went right to path up the stairs, they Walled me. I giggled a lil bit and proceeded to go left towards the other stairs. They Walled me again, by this time the other wall was gone so I proceeded right again. They walled me again on the right side. I must have did this cycle like 6-7 times and I could not get to the elite pack. I never laugh so hard in my life while playing this game. I called my roommate in to show him, it was an ongoing battle that I could do nothing about.

As for now, I think most LS or LoH players(any smart melee player) would have no problems. If your cornered, you can attack them if they are attacking you. The only certain death problem would be getting cornered while standing on/in Desecrator, Arcane, Plague. I haven't been rooted by a single wall since that fix but have been rooted by double walls several times. The one trick I always make sure to have is an out when cornered by Waller and the monsters, like Tempest Rush, Whirl Wind, and even Strafe to go thru the Mobs to safety.. I actually use Charge atm if I'm caught but I hope it's off CD.
Edited by Deadzors#1394 on 2/18/2013 7:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/17/2013 04:26 PMPosted by Gorbulan
I really like the waller affix

Then it must not be "broken" as you say. OMFG! People like you just whine over everything! Call you the damn Goldilocks of the D3 world. Learn to identify the problems the affix is creating for you and then develop a plan to overcome that obstacle. Kiting usually works when a certain aspect derails you. Start there and modify as needed you whining little girl. Try going back to MP0 b/c that seems to be where you belong
Reply Quote
02/17/2013 05:48 PMPosted by Detnyj
The only issue I have ever had with Waller (and it still happens) is when the wall drop directly on my WD and I can not move at all.

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. spirit walk?
Reply Quote
the IA can be annoying and frustrating
This is it. Improve the AI, I don't think the OP is asking to make this affix easy but to correct the AI.
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 07:49 AMPosted by Traveler
Spirit walk doesn't let you pass through the environment...
Reply Quote
My suggestions for Waller:

1. Fix the bug where it spawns on top of you and glitch-roots you in place.

2. Give it a "tell" like Mortar, Frozen, etc. in which the placement of the wall appears on the ground a split second before the wall rises.

3. Line-of-sight skills should not pass through the walls (arcane sentries should not go through walls).

4. Skills that attack from above (Meteor, Acid Rain) should not be blocked by walls.

Destructible walls is an interesting idea.
Reply Quote
Spirit walk doesn't let you pass through the environment...

Sorry dude, spirit walk WILL let you out of a wall that you're trapped in. It will then let you walk through the monsters blocking your path to freedom. I've done it a thousand times.

Pressing the teleport button for a second will let you out of a wall you're trapped in too ( if you can stay alive long enough to pull that one off) It might be hard for a glass canon build, but my melee characters have no problem with the mechanic.

edited for typo
Edited by Traveler#1226 on 2/18/2013 7:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
Elites are broken. There should only be white mobs. Buff the white mobs drop rate. I want it so all the legends and sets in game will drop from each mob kill. If my screen is not entirely covered with brown and green words after each kill, the drop rate is not high enough. This gives us more variety in choosing what to wear. This will also fix the economy. Make all the mobs only have 1 hp. To be honest, 1 hp is already a waste of time. It's a serious compromise.

Also, can someone hold my hand when I play? I'm scared that the phasebeast will phase out of the screen and eat me up.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]