Diablo® III

Waller is a broken affix

Are there not enough things that get directly nerfed in favor of glass cannon crybabies?

LETS COUNT THEM UP!

1. In 1.0.3 damage in Act 2 was reduced by 66%. Basically you receive 1 damage for every 3.

2. In 1.0.3 damage in Act 3 and 4 were reduced by 80%. Basically you recieve 1 damage for every 5.

3. Soul Ripper and Herald of Pestilence damage cut in half on top of current damage nerfs.

4. Colossal Golgor damage cut by 75% on top of the current damage nerfs.

5. Half of the enemies that ran away are now scripted to walk into you.

6. Enrage timers on all elites have been removed.

7. Elites no longer self-heal when they aren't in combat.

8. Repairing your gear no longer costs plenty to do.

9. Invulnerable Minions was deemed far too difficult for a glass cannon and thus got removed.

10. Shielding was deemed far too difficult for a glass cannon and got nerfed into the ground. The first nerf was to duration and cooldown. The second nerf was that it could only be up on one monster at a time.

11. Molten damage was reduced. Plagued damage raised to the damage that the nerfed molten is doing.

12. Reflect damage has been deemed far too difficult for a glass cannon and has been the glass cannon's bane since the start. This ability is no longer passive and is removed. It's replaced with an activated effect like how shielding works. Even this will probably be nerfed further...

13. Illusionist has been deemed too powerful on Act 3's keywarden by the glass cannon masses that don't want their farming runs slowed down or made tougher and has been removed.

14. Arcane has been nerfed and no longer stacks in several different areas as the ability is designed to be "more spaced out" now.

15. Nightmarish has been deemed too powerful and got nerfed. You can no longer get chain feared and will have immunity for a specific amount of time to recasts. Duration also lowered.

16. Demonic Tremors spawned with 1 additional affix to elites and rare packs to make up for its' immobility. This was another mechanic that made rerunning act 3 less efficient and had to be nerfed and removed at all costs.

17. In 1.0.3 in addition to all the damage nerfs, ALL normal melee attacks of all monsters had been additionally cut in half...stacking on top of the previous damage nerfs.

18. Mortar has been redesigned to "increase the minimum range of its' deadzone". Also there is a graphic on the ground that shows where mortar shots will land.

19. Jailer has been nerfed to the same extent that nightmarish has been in the way it was redesigned.

20. Diablo's Shadow Clones had their damage reduced significantly.

And those are just ones I can think of off the top of my head.

From the website...
Waller:
Monsters with the waller affix create walls that can trap you or block your path to the monster summoning them. Summoned walls will vanish after a few seconds – if you can afford to wait.

Walls are supposed to trap you and block paths to the monster summoning them. This is basically like crying about extra health because it takes longer to kill them. But you guys don't cry about extra health because DPS isn't hard...

QFT
Edited by vulkott#2745 on 2/18/2013 1:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
You can't be serious. The game's not even that challenging anymore. Back in d2, the game was the boss, the gamers adapted to the challenge, not the other way around. Now come d3 where you don't even look for your own gear, you just buy it, and you still cry about a waller? A WALLER. God. If this was d2 you'd probably cry about the fetishes in the sewers or something, jeez. "They're too fast, i can't click them fast enough, there's too many, i can't move, oh, oh."
Reply Quote
Seriously? How many people are going to quote a 60+ line post with a 3 letter acronym? Someone beat you to it vulkott on page 5.
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 01:09 PMPosted by WytMinority4
You can't be serious. The game's not even that challenging anymore. Back in d2, the game was the boss, the gamers adapted to the challenge, not the other way around. Now come d3 where you don't even look for your own gear, you just buy it, and you still cry about a waller? A WALLER. God. If this was d2 you'd probably cry about the fetishes in the sewers or something, jeez. "They're too fast, i can't click them fast enough, there's too many, i can't move, oh, oh."

I'm not complaining about anything myself but I will say I was able to kill Diablo and Baal in D2 with my Amazon in under 2 minutes and steam roll every corner of the game and I didn't even have the best gear. I still don't have the best gear in D3 but I don't even come close to walking through the higher MP levels of D3. I don't know why people thought D2 was so "tough". It was a breeze!
Reply Quote
This is ridiculous. Waller is considered 'broken' now? Just because it slowed you down a bit from farming doesn't mean its broken.

If they 'fixed' this, what would they do next? Oh no, these fat moon clowns are running too fast and I can't hit them fast enough. Monster run speed is broken please make them stand still else I die to the little fire path they created while chasing them.
Reply Quote
02/17/2013 05:32 PMPosted by Glock
Is this the new reflect damage? The one affix that sometimes kills you once per 10 runs. God forbid you ever have a chance to die in this game. Better get them to nerf waller now.

Seriously? We're complaining about Waller now? Oh no, it's kinda annoying when I'm in keeps 2 during my Alk runs. Please nerf waller blizzard! Am I doing it right?

So you guys are fine with something that does nothing but one shots you from time to time... its completely unavoidable and no amount of skill in the world can change the out come. Basically its just a random "you die now" bad luck of a roll of the dice? Ya... that is a "game".

I am fine with a game where you die when you do something wrong, or make a mistake, or make the wrong choice... etc... a game shouldn't involve random one shots.

Diablo3 isn't about 'skill' it's about mindlessly farming, dying, farming, and then using the auction house.
Reply Quote
What changed in 1.07 to make you now decide that Waller is broken and OP?

Oh yeah they nerfed RD, so now the only other affix in the game that gives you any difficulty is OP...

Also kind of funny that you use a build that takes advantage of permanently immobilizing monsters, but complain when the tables are turned on you ..
Reply Quote
02/17/2013 10:29 PMPosted by HappySpike
the game shouldn't be easy and it should frustrate you at times to make it challenging.

I agree with everyone saying the game should be challenging. But for a puzzle to have a challenge it needs to have a solution. otherwise it's not a challenge... it's just random.

Waller usually has a solution but can also regularly be totally unavoidable. OP is simply asking them to look at reducing the unavoidability to MAKE it a true challenge

Exactly. I am glad somebody knows how to read more than one sentence here. The problem is that waller is less of a challenge indoors and more of an unavoidable death. There have been many times I have played where waller works fine indoors. However, often enough, it makes you an easy target for mortars and arcane because it essentially jails you. But unlike jailor you can not fight back.

02/17/2013 05:45 PMPosted by LordAnkou
If you don't like getting caught by wall in a tight hallway, then don't fight a waller mob in a tight hallway.

That is not always an option. Every been in the keep depths?

What changed in 1.07 to make you now decide that Waller is broken and OP? Oh yeah they nerfed RD, so now the only other affix in the game that gives you any difficulty is OP..

Nothing changed. I have always felt waller needed more design for indoors since launch. Just didn't have time/care to post it. Also I didn't have much trouble usually from RD until I broke 50K DPS. The only big risk with RD now is over using Blizzard.
Reply Quote
this game is broken not only walls
Reply Quote
He has a point

Diablo is no longer a game of skill or strategy--it's solely based on gear

Good gear = automatic "pro"

Try jailer + waller + arcane enchanted

that spells out "GG" right there, and the only way to survive such is by good gear

No more skill in this game
Reply Quote
It looks like 75% of the posters in thread dont have any reading comprehension at all and are just trying to make themselves feel cool by putting someone else down.

Pretty sure the only problem the OP was stating was the bug where a wall gets placed on top of your character and you are literally stuck in place for extremely long periods of time.

No one in their right mind, except about 3/4ths of the posters in this thread, could be dumb enough to believe the OP just wants the 'Waller' affix nerfed.

I know some of the only deaths i have had recently in Diable 3 is when the waller bug appears and locks my character in the middle of a spawned wall while they drop arcane sentries, desecrator, and molten under my feet while im unable to play my character, through no fault of my own.
Reply Quote
Waller isn't broken, your build is.

Here are a couple things to try.

1. Get some life steal or something to help you recover some hit points while you wait for a chance to move out of the fire...

2. Use a skill, such as teleport that will help you get out of the fire...

When playing a DH (as it would seem you stopped playing yours ages ago):

1. The walls typically stop DH projectiles from hitting the baddies, thus no life steal or discipline regen.

2. DH classes don't have a teleport like ability last I checked.

Thanks for showing up though.

It has been awhile since I played the DH, but I seem to remember that Smokescreen drops aggro, and Vault will get you through the walls.. (teleport-like ability). If you want to hit baddies to gain life, try hitting ones that aren't on the other side of the wall..
Reply Quote
It looks like 75% of the posters in thread dont have any reading comprehension at all and are just trying to make themselves feel cool by putting someone else down.

Pretty sure the only problem the OP was stating was the bug where a wall gets placed on top of your character and you are literally stuck in place for extremely long periods of time.

No one in their right mind, except about 3/4ths of the posters in this thread, could be dumb enough to believe the OP just wants the 'Waller' affix nerfed.

I know some of the only deaths i have had recently in Diable 3 is when the waller bug appears and locks my character in the middle of a spawned wall while they drop arcane sentries, desecrator, and molten under my feet while im unable to play my character, through no fault of my own.

Did you even read the OP? He's not talking about a bug, he's talking about the placement and shape of the walls..

Here's a quote for you Mr. Reading Comprehension:

"Sometimes it "jails" the player without that bug"
Reply Quote

Not that, though I did mention it. That bug has been around for awhile, they fixed it once...sort of. Now it is a little different but functionally the same.
Reply Quote
Your build should be able to withstand whatever affix is being thrown at you. That's the strategic part of this game. If you find yourself plowing through most affixes, but struggling through certain affixes, than your skill/item set may be flawed. When in doubt, assume the worst possible combination of affixes and see if your build will be able to sustain that.

Or just lower mp level.
Edited by Broski#1423 on 2/18/2013 5:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
Your build should be able to withstand whatever affix is being thrown at you. That's the strategic part of this game. If you find yourself plowing through most affixes, but struggling through certain affixes, than your skill/item set may be flawed. When in doubt, assume the worst possible combination of affixes and see if your build will be able to sustain that.

Or just lower mp level.

I was going to add 'or lower your mp level' but you covered that. But yes, this in a nutshell.
Reply Quote
I've seen Waller work both ways...sometimes protecting me from said beasties. I've also had a wall place right on me and I couldn't move...made me think of jailer. That's the time to use your potions and Serenity ;)
Reply Quote
I've always thought this was broken and assumed it was juts another way for the Barbie to excel and the Blizard Hated ranged classes to suffer.

When I am walled I ALWAYS die. There is no way to survive unless Archon is UP and stays UP long enough to outlast the Elites.

AND this one way to fight is useless if any of the DOT affixes goes up covering what must be a 50 yard radius - NOT TO MENTION that it's almost always more than one DOT and often has VORTEX tosssed in as well

ALL Monster Powers are OP towards Ranged classes unless you have enought DPS to put them down FAST.
Reply Quote

ALL Monster Powers are OP towards Ranged classes unless you have enought DPS to put them down FAST.

I disagree. Desecrator and plagued are not much trouble for me, even without teleport. Only thing I really don't like combined with waller is frozen, but that is not an issue if you have an escape spell.
Reply Quote
I really hate that monsters attack me. I mean, I love the animations and I love that it makes them look menacing. But - sometimes - especially, when I have turned on "gear check power," I am even damaged. Against "champion" and "elite" monsters I can even be killed! Something is clearly wrong with this concept. Blizzard: please remove monster attacks from the game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]