Diablo® III

Waller is a broken affix

The only problem with waller right now is that a Champion Pack (blue) of monsters can wall directly on top of you, making you unable to move even if you are outside in an open area. I thought that they said it was a bug and would be fixed a long time ago but it never was.
Reply Quote
it just stops the fight: I can't hit them and they can't hit me...

That's pretty much it for me.... my only beef with hit. Wall me in and kill me, but don't put walls between us so we can't fight...lol.
Edited by WhoopinOnYou#1117 on 2/18/2013 6:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
Are there not enough things that get directly nerfed in favor of glass cannon crybabies?

LETS COUNT THEM UP!

1. In 1.0.3 damage in Act 2 was reduced by 66%. Basically you receive 1 damage for every 3.

2. In 1.0.3 damage in Act 3 and 4 were reduced by 80%. Basically you recieve 1 damage for every 5.

3. Soul Ripper and Herald of Pestilence damage cut in half on top of current damage nerfs.

4. Colossal Golgor damage cut by 75% on top of the current damage nerfs.

5. Half of the enemies that ran away are now scripted to walk into you.

6. Enrage timers on all elites have been removed.

7. Elites no longer self-heal when they aren't in combat.

8. Repairing your gear no longer costs plenty to do.

9. Invulnerable Minions was deemed far too difficult for a glass cannon and thus got removed.

10. Shielding was deemed far too difficult for a glass cannon and got nerfed into the ground. The first nerf was to duration and cooldown. The second nerf was that it could only be up on one monster at a time.

11. Molten damage was reduced. Plagued damage raised to the damage that the nerfed molten is doing.

12. Reflect damage has been deemed far too difficult for a glass cannon and has been the glass cannon's bane since the start. This ability is no longer passive and is removed. It's replaced with an activated effect like how shielding works. Even this will probably be nerfed further...

13. Illusionist has been deemed too powerful on Act 3's keywarden by the glass cannon masses that don't want their farming runs slowed down or made tougher and has been removed.

14. Arcane has been nerfed and no longer stacks in several different areas as the ability is designed to be "more spaced out" now.

15. Nightmarish has been deemed too powerful and got nerfed. You can no longer get chain feared and will have immunity for a specific amount of time to recasts. Duration also lowered.

16. Demonic Tremors spawned with 1 additional affix to elites and rare packs to make up for its' immobility. This was another mechanic that made rerunning act 3 less efficient and had to be nerfed and removed at all costs.

17. In 1.0.3 in addition to all the damage nerfs, ALL normal melee attacks of all monsters had been additionally cut in half...stacking on top of the previous damage nerfs.

18. Mortar has been redesigned to "increase the minimum range of its' deadzone". Also there is a graphic on the ground that shows where mortar shots will land.

19. Jailer has been nerfed to the same extent that nightmarish has been in the way it was redesigned.

20. Diablo's Shadow Clones had their damage reduced significantly.

And those are just ones I can think of off the top of my head.

From the website...
Waller:
Monsters with the waller affix create walls that can trap you or block your path to the monster summoning them. Summoned walls will vanish after a few seconds – if you can afford to wait.

Walls are supposed to trap you and block paths to the monster summoning them. This is basically like crying about extra health because it takes longer to kill them. But you guys don't cry about extra health because DPS isn't hard...

Well said.
Reply Quote
This is an easy avoidance though... you are never walled in with no exit. I just run towards the pack when I'm boxed in and vault right passed them with a little ToC. If they are trailing molten or something like that, I hit Gloom and then vault passed them. I can't remember when I was killed because of being walled...but like I said previously...just constant walls in front my face, blocking every shot, is annoying. Not a big deal though.
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 06:09 PMPosted by CoasterMan
The only problem with waller right now is that a Champion Pack (blue) of monsters can wall directly on top of you, making you unable to move even if you are outside in an open area. I thought that they said it was a bug and would be fixed a long time ago but it never was.

Yeah, that needs to be fixed. It should push you to one side or the other.
Reply Quote
Are there not enough things that get directly nerfed in favor of glass cannon crybabies?

LETS COUNT THEM UP!

1. In 1.0.3 damage in Act 2 was reduced by 66%. Basically you receive 1 damage for every 3.

2. In 1.0.3 damage in Act 3 and 4 were reduced by 80%. Basically you recieve 1 damage for every 5.

3. Soul Ripper and Herald of Pestilence damage cut in half on top of current damage nerfs.

4. Colossal Golgor damage cut by 75% on top of the current damage nerfs.

5. Half of the enemies that ran away are now scripted to walk into you.

6. Enrage timers on all elites have been removed.

7. Elites no longer self-heal when they aren't in combat.

8. Repairing your gear no longer costs plenty to do.

9. Invulnerable Minions was deemed far too difficult for a glass cannon and thus got removed.

10. Shielding was deemed far too difficult for a glass cannon and got nerfed into the ground. The first nerf was to duration and cooldown. The second nerf was that it could only be up on one monster at a time.

11. Molten damage was reduced. Plagued damage raised to the damage that the nerfed molten is doing.

12. Reflect damage has been deemed far too difficult for a glass cannon and has been the glass cannon's bane since the start. This ability is no longer passive and is removed. It's replaced with an activated effect like how shielding works. Even this will probably be nerfed further...

13. Illusionist has been deemed too powerful on Act 3's keywarden by the glass cannon masses that don't want their farming runs slowed down or made tougher and has been removed.

14. Arcane has been nerfed and no longer stacks in several different areas as the ability is designed to be "more spaced out" now.

15. Nightmarish has been deemed too powerful and got nerfed. You can no longer get chain feared and will have immunity for a specific amount of time to recasts. Duration also lowered.

16. Demonic Tremors spawned with 1 additional affix to elites and rare packs to make up for its' immobility. This was another mechanic that made rerunning act 3 less efficient and had to be nerfed and removed at all costs.

17. In 1.0.3 in addition to all the damage nerfs, ALL normal melee attacks of all monsters had been additionally cut in half...stacking on top of the previous damage nerfs.

18. Mortar has been redesigned to "increase the minimum range of its' deadzone". Also there is a graphic on the ground that shows where mortar shots will land.

19. Jailer has been nerfed to the same extent that nightmarish has been in the way it was redesigned.

20. Diablo's Shadow Clones had their damage reduced significantly.

And those are just ones I can think of off the top of my head.

From the website...
Waller:
Monsters with the waller affix create walls that can trap you or block your path to the monster summoning them. Summoned walls will vanish after a few seconds – if you can afford to wait.

Walls are supposed to trap you and block paths to the monster summoning them. This is basically like crying about extra health because it takes longer to kill them. But you guys don't cry about extra health because DPS isn't hard...

I hate spamming long quote, but this. QFT. People who chase DPS blindly and think they are leet cause of their high DPS and then QQ when they get one shotted. It cant be meeeeee and i am leet with 300k DPS. game's broken. FFS!!
Reply Quote
I reaaly have little issue with Waller, my cyclone strike bring them inside the Wall and the walls fall down...easy as shooting fish in a barrel

Stop complaining about dieing you little wimp and play the game...wow what a turkey
Reply Quote
+1

the real problem imho is on hardcore, not everyone can survive a wall block plus arcane, especially on high mp, no matter how tanky you are. For example with my demon hunter I can escape prison and even freeze but blocking walls will eventually kill me if arcane is around, and I'm forced to run smoke screen even though I already use gloom and tumble (and other 2 defensive skills! boar and the discipline replenish), that makes 5 mandatory defensive skills to be able to have a chance surviving the bad luck, how can this be considered a glass cannon build?
Reply Quote
Improve, what do you mean exactly? As I stated, they are already pretty good at kicking our asses while utilizing whatever affix they get. Do you want them to make it easier? So that they are predictable and stupid, that I don't understand.
I mean:
- when the pack is at full health and starting the fight have them wall you in an arena-like circle
- when you're focusing on a member of the pack have them spawn the "corridor" walls so that you are forced to face another monster
- when one monster is retreating have him spawn a wall between you and him to cover his escape

This is what I mean: use walls to create a strategic advantage.

At the moment all I can see is random walls that get spawned all over the place...
Edited by Deus#2622 on 2/19/2013 12:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 06:09 PMPosted by CoasterMan

THIS!! It's very annoying and it happens often.
Edited by TheZleX#1248 on 2/19/2013 1:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
Waller broken lol, next he's gonna be complaining about avenger O.O
Reply Quote
From the website...
Waller:

+1000

SPOT ON
Reply Quote
Waller+Cluster Grenades+Tank DH = 10x increase in damage output. I think it's a terrific affix! Also OP is bad, the game should be more than just DPS and more about balanced builds/interesting skill synergies.
Edited by God#1237 on 2/19/2013 10:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
To this day, waller will still occasionally stack all 3 walls right on top of your character and root you in place.

This is behavior Blizzard has repeatedly expressed is unfair and unintended, and they have managed to lower its frequency a great deal since launch.

But it absolutely still happens, and its total bull!@#$ when it does. They need to find some way to fix that, period. Its broken, and its stupid. Not a big deal for my melee chars, but for my DH that gets pinned in one spot, and cant hit the enemies back because the wall blocks my shocks while the champs beat me with impunity while I cannot move, it can be a problem.

Waller boxing you into a corner is fine. Waller dropping walls on top of you to completely remove your movement and pacify you (if you are ranged) is not ok.
Edited by Cipherr#1757 on 2/19/2013 10:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
Stop complaining already! Broken this broken that.....

I understand if it was 1.0.2 when the game was tough and if you got touched twice by an arcane beam you died or stood for more then 1 second in the fire with a molten. That I can see being tough.

Just go watch how Kripparian beat this game on HC in june when it was actually really tough.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaDA7GxAtXM

Lower your monster power.... and stop being obsessed with extra MF.
Reply Quote
I don't think waller needs to be nerfed, but it does need to be optimized to work correctly instead of do things like spawn directly on your character due to lag. In fact, I think waller should be improved. I am dissapointed when a ranged monster uses waller, and their projectiles cannot hit me. Waller should allow enemy projectiles to move through it the same way that Wizard's time slow does nothing to ally projectiles.
Reply Quote
02/17/2013 06:05 PMPosted by Sylonce
Make the walls destructible (give them life+armor)
THIS made me laugh so hard.
Reply Quote
enough complaning, deal with it, games already finished at this point. they made all our gear worthless with this BOA garbage since people whine too much
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]