Diablo® III

Some D3 mechanics you want improved/fixed...

One that stick out in my mind is why the ffff Toad of Hugeness runes even there to begin with.
Reply Quote
Battle Rage - Ferocity

What's the point of extending the duration of BR by 2 seconds when it lasts 2 minutes the way it is?
Reply Quote
I always run with cleave/rupture.
It's awesome.

You forget that cleave hits multiple targets, so a single swing can give you full fury if there are enough monsters.

With the Rupture rune, you crit on one or two monsters in a big pack of trash and everything dies because the extra 80% damage from the explosion is awesome. Plus it gives a huge booming noise!
Reply Quote
02/22/2013 12:48 PMPosted by Ecaiki
The Gathering Storm rune for Cleave seems pretty pointless and the name doesn't really fit the effect. Reducing enemies' move speed when you have to stay in melee range to kill them? Lowering their attack speed and calling it something like "Wounding Strike" would make more sense.

So you like chasing imps, and succubi as melee?

Interesting...

The move speed debuff would help in those situations, but it would probably be wasted on everything else. Personally, I've never been too bothered by the the enemies you mentioned, and I think there are better alternatives to GS if you want to keep them from running.
Edited by Nexus83#1127 on 3/1/2013 4:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
I'll be updating this today to show both community, and some of my own responses to this problem. The game is certainly coming around, but we need more ideas flowing out at Blizzard, I think they are ready to listen and they have some great talent that is starting to blossom.
Reply Quote
View profile
Hopefully we can get on page 1 and actually have a decent discussion... so much trash to beat out unfortunately...
Reply Quote
View profile
Need more support and feedback... and it is always appreciated!
Reply Quote
View profile
Preparation: Invigoration - Increases max discipline by 10 for 5 secs, Should be changed to increases your damage by 10% when preparation is on cooldown.
Reply Quote
View profile
MORE!
Reply Quote
here are some runes i would like to see in d3
el
eld
tir
nef
eth
ith
tal
ral
amn
sol
shael
dol
hel
io
lum
ko
fal
lem
pul
um
mal
ist
vex
ohm
lo
sur
bur
jah
cham
zod
Reply Quote
The whole skill system needs a complete revamp, I don't even know why they called them skill runes.
Reply Quote
View profile
My friend and I have been messing around with move sets tonight... NOTHING compares to HOTA... and there are only a few slots to use that work to make it slightly different... sad really... can I get some love for Boon of Bul-Kathos passive fix plz! Needs to cooldown with crits!

Yup, without "Into the Fray" and "Thrive on Chaos" you might as well stay home... hell, we couldnt even throw earthquake in without disrupting the DPS flow... sad.
Edited by TheOneRaven#1565 on 3/2/2013 8:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
Sadly, with Berzerker, there is only ONE good rune, as far as high crit chances go. Thats the whole problem with it, its so powerfull that it makes all the other runes useless. Nothing can compare with that, because nothing is worse then to face some elite mob with frozen, jailer, knock back etc. and not having the Bezerker or runing out of time with it. Ah well. Thats the fun part with that skill as its pretty much the only skill where you can get around the CC effects from enemies.

Sadly every skill in this game has only 1 or 2 runes which are usefull. And some skills are outright useless (earthquake, ancients ...)

I can only assume its the same for the other classes.

Without some serious chagnes to the skill system there is no reason to use or even suggest any real improvements. How to make the other runes from Bezerker usefull for example when it has an cooldown time from 2 min, but you can run every 30 sec. in to a mob, sometimes even every 20.
Reply Quote
View profile
I don't care if they have to take some of the HIGHER dps Berzerk runes out (not that anyone uses them anyway, as sustain is the best for farming) BUT, make sustaining more innate and then let people focus on the fun ways they want to Berzerk... NOT, can I Berzerk more than 15 secs ... Turn the Juggernaut Passive into (cannot be frozen/ jailed) etc, and you got alot of people that would dump berzerk in a heartbeat... talk to us blues!

The sad thing is, that even if you want to use a rune other than "Into the Fray", you cannot, as sustaining any kind of meaningful fury expenditure is pointless. That is why I've suggested having Fury generation on CRIT added to items similar to the mage... and hell, they get theirs innately and we have to get hit for it... so where is the balance here. I'm not saying their way is wrong, but Barbs do need more ways to generate Fury...
Edited by TheOneRaven#1565 on 3/2/2013 8:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
WD toad of hugeness

Concept: A giant toad that eats monsters. A really fun and playful concept that really captures what the WD class should be. A fun CC class that gets things accomplished by relying on foul creatures and clever use of manipulative skills.

Where it went wrong: First off, the damage is far too low. While the damage caused by ToH is roughlly equivelent to many of the other toad runes, it can only be used every 5 seconds, so that cuts damage by 4/5s making it next to useless from damage alone.
Second, it does not work on elites, this makes what was essentially its best use completelly null. Would it really be so broken to have an E monster out of your hair for 4 seconds? That would not break WD. not even close.
Thirdly Toad needs some sort of creative touch to make ppl want to use it. Imagine how much more fun it would be if ToH was a summon that did the exact same thing, or if it caused instadeath on monsters that it ate.
Edited by november1093#1906 on 3/2/2013 8:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
Multiple speed debuffs on mobs should all be applied, and the elites+ on Inferno should all have normal mob speeds and be affected by slows the same as any normal mob.
Reply Quote
02/21/2013 11:00 AMPosted by TheOneRaven
I just want to see an item overhaul... so that whatever the stat is that everyone wants is kinda all over the place... the idea, like D2 being that a person can use just about anything in the game to be better, while certain items fit better than others... I don't want to HAVE to get a Manticore... I don't want to HAVE to get a Witching Hour, these items are so limiting... stop making BiS anything and just make BiS for a certain build... so, the choices become staggering and varied.

^^ This....it would fix the entire itemization of the game!!!!
Edited by SFCMac#1878 on 3/2/2013 8:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
I would like firebats to get some love, my suggestions between (...) :)

Dire Bats
Summon fewer but larger bats that travel up to 40 yards and hit for 220% weapon damage as Fire.
(deals additional 220% weapon dmg when it colides with terrain or reach the end of range)

Vampire Bats
Gain 2.5%(+0.001 x int ) of damage done by the bats as Life.

Plague Bats
Diseased bats fly towards the enemy and infect them. Damage is slow at first, but can increase over time to a maximum of 270% weapon damage as Poison. (added visual to notice when the dmg is at min or max)

Hungry Bats
Rapidly summon bats that seek out nearby enemies for 350% weapon damage as Fire.
(increases the lock range by 5 yards and now prioritize units over objects)

Cloud of Bats
Call forth a swirl of bats that damage nearby enemies for 234% weapon damage as Fire. The damage of the bats increases by 20% (and the aoe range by 1 yard) every second, up to a maximum of 100%. (to a maximun of 5 yards)
Reply Quote
WD toad of hugeness

Concept: A giant toad that eats monsters. A really fun and playful concept that really captures what the WD class should be. A fun CC class that gets things accomplished by relying on foul creatures and clever use of manipulative skills.

Where it went wrong: First off, the damage is far too low. While the damage caused by ToH is roughlly equivelent to many of the other toad runes, it can only be used every 5 seconds, so that cuts damage by 4/5s making it next to useless from damage alone.
Second, it does not work on elites, this makes what was essentially its best use completelly null. Would it really be so broken to have an E monster out of your hair for 4 seconds? That would not break WD. not even close.
Thirdly Toad needs some sort of creative touch to make ppl want to use it. Imagine how much more fun it would be if ToH was a summon that did the exact same thing, or if it caused instadeath on monsters that it ate.

Toad of Hugeness should be something like what Naruto summoned. a really GIGANTIC toad.

The skill is a complete joke and I wonder why did the designers even waste their time coding such a useless skill.

I think the WD needs alot visual skill improvements.

Zombie bears are terrible, they don't even fit the witchdoctor theme.
Well of Souls animation is really ugly, pink spirits...?
Gargantuan looks too "safe", how about have it sprout a few more head/arms/legs?
Fetish Army is an obsolete skill, how about combining it with Hex so that it does look like a real fetish army. Change them into summons.
Mass Hallucination - I love the animation for the giant spirit, how about making more of the WD skill have this sort of theme instead of bright colors and bears?
Edited by fathom#6674 on 3/3/2013 6:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
We all know that the WD is the new NECROMANCER... and, while I'd still love to see a necromancer or "Warlock" put into the game at some point, I can't help but see how limited WD's are. Why on earth can't my kills summon more than 3 zombie dogs? Is that some magic number to balance the framerate... I think there should be a limit no less than 20 dogs at a time... which, at 9% dmg would only be what... 180% DPS if they were all attacking the same target... that isn't much, but MAN, would it be cool!

I"m going to add some of my item fix/ gameplay fixes in the OP just to get this more in the vein of "fixing" the game, rather than just the runes/passives... if you can think of affixes you want fixed on mobs, and affix rolls you'd like to see on items, let me know !
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]