Diablo® III

Unstable Anomaly a Must for Archon Build

I use Archon when I'm farming MP4 and below and just about the only thing I ever run into problems with is reflect packs... I generally run with 330-350k damage buffed - so this is a pain in the butt if I accidentally die having just put up archon..

Enter Unstable Anomaly...

This effectively gives me 45% more life - so I just sit there take it and purposefully go below health knowing that I can basically die once a minute.

This allows me to-

Sit in molten pools and let the explosions hit me
Hit Reflect packs even when I'm almost to 0 health
Take Azmodans fireball like a champ

What I was using before

Critical Mass - I was hoping that if I ever lost archon (by dying) I could make up some time this way. Now that I never die (because of unstable anomaly) this doesn't really make sense.
Edited by Tank6ge#1314 on 2/18/2013 10:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
Yes, UA is huge. When I use it I have no worry at all. Maniacs can no longer kill me, I can now take 3 consecutive Molten bomb, and actually tank 3 Sentry (this one needs right position). The list goes on.

/fanboy
Reply Quote
View profile
I never used CM in archon but GC/Blur/Galv. Wonder how it compare to Blur.
Reply Quote
Well blur is just 20% melee damage mitigation.. while you could think of UA as raising your EHP by 45%. In my opinion it's better.
Edited by Tank6ge#1314 on 2/18/2013 10:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
UA is awesome, just awesome. It's particularly awesome running high HP.
Reply Quote
I have a question about UA. The effect description reads "cannot occur twice in succession within 60 seconds", which used to read "cannot occur more than once every 60 seconds" or something like that right? So when it reads "twice in succession" does that now mean UA will always heal you as long as you don't take two fatal back to back hits? And then the 60 second timer kicks in if you get more than two fatal hits back to back? So you could technically be invincible as long as the fatal blows don't immediately follow one another?
Reply Quote
Once is correct.
Edited by Tank6ge#1314 on 2/18/2013 10:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
Cool thanks!
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 09:47 AMPosted by Tank6ge
You can take 2 fatal hits in 60 seconds no matter how hard they hit. This can happen twice in 60 seconds - after that - it resets. It's really even better than a +90% EHP because you can take a substantial amount of damage that you wouldn't have been able to before and no longer how much you're hit you regain to 45% of your health pool.

UA allows you to tank one fatal hit, the next one (within the 60s cooldown) would kill you, so it isnt a 90% EHP increase, its only 45%.
Reply Quote
It's twice TasteDeath. It was changed.

It now reads:

"When you receive fatal damage, you heal to 45% of your maximum Life and release a shockwave that knocks enemies back and slows them by 60% for 3 seconds. This effect cannot occur twice in succession within 60 seconds."

Yes, it can happen twice in a row.

No it isnt, I just used it 2 hrs ago.

The text hasnt been changed, it has always been "cannot occur twice in succession within 60 seconds", meaning it only triggers once every 60s.
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 09:58 AMPosted by Tank6ge
Well I just had a reflect damage mob pack that cleared out my health pool twice in a row so I guess we are at an impase.

Eh? Twice is correct. You receive fatal blow -> UA triggers once -> you heal to 45% of your health -> next fatal blow kills you.
Reply Quote
Ok I have to eat crow on this one. You are correct. I must have just moved around for a second and it worked again. I still Highly recommend it.
Reply Quote
Well I just had a reflect damage mob pack that cleared out my health pool twice in a row so I guess we are at an impase.

Eh? Twice is correct. You receive fatal blow -> UA triggers once -> you heal to 45% of your health -> next fatal blow kills you.

Darn. I was excited to try this skill out, but if this is how it works then what's the point? Every 60 seconds doesn't seem worth it just to tank one extra hit.
Edited by Bukizzle#1560 on 2/18/2013 10:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
I'm going to try it out some more and come back with additional information as I saw something earlier playing that made me think it doesn't exactly work the way it's written as far as when it can be used again.
Reply Quote
After it triggers you get a debuff icon showing "Recently became unstable" with a 60 second cooldown. Hence, once every 60 seconds
Reply Quote
Try it before judging. I knew it works once every minute. However you shouldn't be dead twice under 1 min, otherwise you are in wrong MP. The sweet thing of UA is it helps you escape death sometimes, and in every run, you should only be killed 2-3 times, so it means instead of walking all the way back to packs, you can just utilize UA and avoid losing time. With UA you also don't have to move around much, thus increase you EDPS.

And 1 min is very short, unlike most people think.
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 10:09 AMPosted by Bukizzle

Darn. I was excited to try this skill out, but if this is how it works then what's the point? Every 60 seconds doesn't seem worth it just to tank one extra hit.

Its useful on higher MPs and in PvP.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]