Diablo® III

Brimstone Crash

So hope all the Brimstone hoarders got out before the crash...NOT. Pretty funny actually.
Reply Quote
I got burnt.

Funny thing is...I don't even care.

Game is done for me so no biggie.

This last patch was worthless. PVP is a joke, PvE got no new content, crafting is still bad.

Hey look the patch itself was jsut another in the long line of garbage rolls.

Later
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 09:00 AMPosted by whoopadeedoo
Taking pleasure in someone else's suffering is a sign of low self-esteem (see schadenfreude).
So, I take it you hoarded tons of brimstones.

So sorry.
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 09:00 AMPosted by whoopadeedoo
Taking pleasure in someone else's suffering is a sign of low self-esteem (see schadenfreude).

Nothing wrong with being happy that people are getting what they deserve.
Reply Quote
Brimstone Hoarders are the only reason all those crap legendarys we loot were at least worth a little something. Now we have less incentive to pick up most legendarys..

Edit: Although I'm curious as to what caused this crash? The prices only started declining severly since 1.0.7 patch. That patch should have generated more demand for brimstone, in turn causing the price to rise.
Edited by INJEKT#1800 on 2/18/2013 9:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
oh pls keep crashing. i wanna buy moarrrrr.
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 09:25 AMPosted by INJEKT
Edit: Although I'm curious as to what caused this crash? The prices only started declining severly since 1.0.7 patch. That patch should have generated more demand for brimstone, in turn causing the price to rise.

This is something I was curious about.
Reply Quote
Few reasons.

1. Hoarders are dumping their massive excess of brimstones b/c the price hasn't gone up as expected.

2. Crafting hasn't resonated with players which reduced demand for brimstones, ultimately preventing the price from going up.

If the crafting system works and a lot of people are using it like they're supposed to, then we should see a bump in prices for fsq and perf gems, brimstones, tomes, tears, essences, etc.

This won't happen until the market corrects itself. The problem is that A LOT of materials have been collected up to this point and there was nothing to use it on until 1.0.7. Give it some time and spend money on those crafts while the mats are cheap. It'll be awhile before people use up these materials.
Reply Quote
Brimstone Hoarders are the only reason all those crap legendarys we loot were at least worth a little something. Now we have less incentive to pick up most legendarys..

Crafting is still almost worthless...BoA makes them unsellable if they are good, but they still for some reason roll almost always bad. Add to that, only the Ammy requires a brimstone, people can now Brim their tons of garbage Ubers rings, and you end up with a market that has no demand. Prices crash.
Reply Quote

Some things that are affecting supply and demand:

- Crafting amulets for many people isn't rewarding enough to justify the cost

- For those that crafted and found successful upgrades, less incentive to craft another amulet

- People bought up brimstones at inflated prices due to hype meaning everyone has a lot to sell

- Legendary items in some slots are now worth less, so more of those are brimstone than before (new shoulders can easily replace good rolled vile wards now)

- Hellfire rings salvage into brimstones. This probably added hundreds of thousands of brimstones to the market immediately.

- Many people came back down to earth after post patch frenzy once they saw nothing is really being offered if you don't care about the new crafting
Edited by Turnbuckle#1273 on 2/18/2013 10:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
Lmao at you silly kids acting like this is the real life market..

Seriously,if you're so good at this why don't you kids become stock brokers in real life? Go invest in something that's giving you real life money,not in a video game with pixel gold..

I'm glad prices for everything is going down,this is the rise of the casual players.
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 09:25 AMPosted by INJEKT

Hellfire Rings, thats what I forgot to consider...you guys nailed it. Except for Gift, he got himself reported reported for trolling.
Reply Quote

It's very easy.

Prices were down to like 10k per brim.. then long before 1.0.7 came out there was a post on I believe the EU forums from a blue and wanting to make brims worth more.. All the sudden (within hours) the price shot up touching I believe 100k briefly then quickly droped back down to 35k and settled between 25-35k for quite a few weeks. Then 1.0.7 came out and showed us such a lack of a need for brimstones thereby returning brimstones almost back down to their 10k price which is currently 17k.. Probably still trending towards 10k.

Had they not made items BoA the brimstones would likely be higher IMO. As some people would be crafting to sell.. But they are not and hence brims still have no use in the economy beyond a person crafting a few items maybe even a hundred or so items.
Edited by AxeLord#1992 on 2/18/2013 10:43 AM PST
Reply Quote

P.S. I've chosen to ignore those trying to compensate for their inadequacies. I'm sure there will be a ton more people cheering for other people's misfortunes. Life is full of people with low self esteem.

Typically I've found people trying to point out others issues are the ones full of issues themselves. Laughing at someone tripping in a mudpuddle doesn't make the laughing person clumsy just a fan of slapstick comedy.
Reply Quote
In 3 weeks brims will be 50k. so not worried. ppl are burning threw. them a lot of ppl quit so player with a lot of brims are in stash and not out in economy. Prices on all mats will go up. Tomes with hit 3-4k per. soon. fact.

So im stocking up on Brims right now. Good investing in a down market. FTW
Edited by Abomb247#1301 on 2/18/2013 12:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 12:46 PMPosted by Abomb247
In 3 weeks brims will be 50k

Maybe, but then again that's a pretty slow rate compared to everything else changing. That's a rise of only about 10k a week.

Their biggest mistake was making a legendary sink (via brimstone on amulet) but then making hellfires salvage into brimstone.

That made no sense at all, yes more sense than salvaging into normal tier essences, but demonic essences would have been cool and draw more attention to crafting (for more sinking).
Edited by MasterJay#1651 on 2/18/2013 1:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 01:03 PMPosted by MasterJay
In 3 weeks brims will be 50k

Maybe, but then again that's a pretty slow rate compared to everything else changing. That's a rise of only about 10k a week.

Yeah, but if that happens, It would be on only a 20k investment per. 3 weeks for +150% ain't bad.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]