Diablo® III

Brimstone Crash

You all are vastly overestimating the effect of Hellfires on brim prices. Brim prices are driven by the vast number--and now increasing number--of worthless end game legendaries.
Reply Quote
1. The original prices was 10K at its lowest.

2. The prices inflated and settled at 30K due to speculation.

3. Come 1.0.7, the rate of brimstone sunk by crafting amulets is limited by DE farm rates and the competition with other slots (glove, bracer)

4. Speculators discovered that there is such a massive store of brimstones that the rate of use may not actually out-pace the rate acquisition enough that it creates a shortfall any time soon.
Reply Quote
You can search for 100,000 brimstones and the price only goes up to 19k each. I think we're pretty well saturated considering these are only used for ammys.

I just bought a whole bunch at under 17k apiece. Enough to hopefully get a bunch of nice ammys. I think 17k is a more than fair price really considering it's far easier to get demonic essences than brimstones.
Reply Quote
View profile
02/18/2013 02:42 PMPosted by Shiroro
I just bought a whole bunch at under 17k apiece. Enough to hopefully get a bunch of nice ammys. I think 17k is a more than fair price really considering it's far easier to get demonic essences than brimstones.

I think mats should be expensive. Ammy should be like 5brims to craft. Brims should be 100k per.
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 03:02 PMPosted by Abomb247

I think mats should be expensive. Ammy should be like 5brims to craft. Brims should be 100k per.

Whoa I was JUST thinking that, even the number 5 :P

It would bring back some value to useless legs too...

Blizz, honestly its like they do it on purpose :P
Reply Quote
Before 1.0.7 I use to craft one hell of a lot of legendary gear (mainly gloves) which sold reasonable well at AH. With the new patterns out the old legendary crafted items are no longer worth crafting, which is probable why the Brimstones have dropped in value. The only reason I now buy them is to craft the neck item, but after 10 crafted neck items I'm happy with what I got for the level of which I play.
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 09:31 AMPosted by haushinka
oh pls keep crashing. i wanna buy moarrrrr.

I want you to buy moarrrrr.
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 03:08 PMPosted by Aachen
oh pls keep crashing. i wanna buy moarrrrr.

I want you to buy moarrrrr.

why rebound?? i was hoping it'd break 15k before i blow my wad. :(
Reply Quote
View profile
02/19/2013 11:31 PMPosted by haushinka

They are back at 20k today :) 4 weeks I say 30-40k if not more and Boas will break most ppl and make them poor. Time to take advantage of a down market. economy.
Reply Quote
02/19/2013 11:34 PMPosted by Abomb247

They are back at 20k today :) 4 weeks I say 30-40k if not more and Boas will break most ppl and make them poor. Time to take advantage of a down market. economy.

Yup, it's the firsts day they are actually creeping back up.
Last 10 average trades 21k already @US.
I think I might reinvest a bit, when EU servers come back up.
Reply Quote
In 3 weeks brims will be 50k. so not worried. ppl are burning threw. them a lot of ppl quit so player with a lot of brims are in stash and not out in economy. Prices on all mats will go up. Tomes with hit 3-4k per. soon. fact.

So im stocking up on Brims right now. Good investing in a down market. FTW

im not really sorry to burst your bubble, but prices are going to normalize at 5-10k within 1-2 week time frame, and because there's really no excessive long term need for brims, prices will fall even further. imo these will be 1-2k in a month.
Reply Quote
In 3 weeks brims will be 50k. so not worried. ppl are burning threw. them a lot of ppl quit so player with a lot of brims are in stash and not out in economy. Prices on all mats will go up. Tomes with hit 3-4k per. soon. fact.

So im stocking up on Brims right now. Good investing in a down market. FTW

im not really sorry to burst your bubble, but prices are going to normalize at 5-10k within 1-2 week time frame, and because there's really no excessive long term need for brims, prices will fall even further. imo these will be 1-2k in a month.

Up to 30k now.......

Guessing everyone panic'd and flooded the market trying to just unload them as soon as possible - Classic.
Reply Quote
daafuqqqq guys... me need moarssssss
Reply Quote
View profile
02/20/2013 12:21 AMPosted by Grave

Haha yea right. Bet.
Edited by Abomb247#1301 on 2/20/2013 4:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
Up to 30k now....... Guessing everyone panic'd and flooded the market trying to just unload them as soon as possible - Classic.

They will go up over time. Just as I said in previous post. With less people making money from farming as well. It will be classic. Mats and gems will be farmed for not rares or legends. Just legends to brim. I still am waiting for 3k tomes. Wish I had some but I used mine to make new gems. Doh.
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 09:00 AMPosted by whoopadeedoo
Taking pleasure in someone else's suffering is a sign of low self-esteem (see schadenfreude).

Making false equivalencies is a sign of idiocy.
Reply Quote
It seems to me that legs drops are fewer than they were pre-patch. Realize this just may be me and RNG.

Some other players have noted it. One player in another thread said it was because legs and demonic essences were competing for drop slots. No idea if thisnis true, but if so it would cause temporary shortage in legs/brimstones.
Reply Quote
View profile
Some other players have noted it. One player in another thread said it was because legs and demonic essences were competing for drop slots. No idea if thisnis true, but if so it would cause temporary shortage in legs/brimstones.

Bingo. ! I need more brims for when they are up again. the collection begins.
Reply Quote
Actually the brimstone hoarders still didn't get screwed. They now have the mats they need to make !@#$loads of amulets.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]