Diablo® III

Brimstone Crash

Actually the brimstone hoarders still didn't get screwed. They now have the mats they need to make !@#$loads of amulets.

With some to spair when the price goes back up. The OP is so funny im laughing.
Reply Quote
I LOL at all of the armchair game economists around here that get proven wrong each month.

Everyone in this game is a economist. This game revolves around it. So its funny if you don't think that.
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 09:17 AMPosted by Zoid
Taking pleasure in someone else's suffering is a sign of low self-esteem (see schadenfreude).

Nothing wrong with being happy that people are getting what they deserve.

Settle down kid.
Reply Quote
Lol.. where are the economists that said "supply and demand" when gem prices was falling? Just look at the price of gems now.

Everything is crashing if you look at the AH as a whole. VW, bracers, ammys, gloves, all the plans..
Just wait till 1.09 when Blizz announce "Due to success of BoA crafting, we will expand our crafting menus to include Helm, Pants and Boots".
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 01:03 PMPosted by MasterJay
Their biggest mistake was making a legendary sink (via brimstone on amulet) but then making hellfires salvage into brimstone.

You guys give hellfire salvage WAY to much credit.

The vast majority of us were not holding on to stashes and alts filled with terrible hellfire rings.
A lot of us can't do uber kills quickly either so the market isn't being flooded by them.

It would have a minor and temporary impact at best.
One that would have passed by now.
Reply Quote
Being quoted out of context sucks.
Edited by Chillaxin#1429 on 3/11/2013 8:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I bought 60,000 brimstones at 11k each average. Costed about 660million.

I sold them all for 30k each average. Total sale 1.8bil

I made 870 million after AH takes 15% cut.

Not bad for 5 minutes of work.

Except when you factor in the price of gold. Its dropped so dramatically that I bet you just barely broke even.
Reply Quote
Except when you factor in the price of gold. Its dropped so dramatically that I bet you just barely broke even.
Edited by Chillaxin#1429 on 3/11/2013 8:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I bought 60,000 brimstones at 11k each average. Costed about 660million.

I sold them all for 30k each average. Total sale 1.8bil

I made 870 million after AH takes 15% cut.

Not bad for 5 minutes of work.

How much did gold prices drop? Give us a number, and back up your statement with economics and math.
Reply Quote
You don't know how to use the internet I guess? OK.

I thought it was common knowledge that gold prices have plummeted, but I guess you just climbed out of your cave so here you go:

http://www.d3rmt.com/auction-house/gold/us/

You can go back to July if you manage to figure out how to work the chart.

Also they track brimstone prices:

http://www.d3rmt.com/auction-house/item/fiery-brimstone/usgold/

So for him to get all his 60k brimstones at 11k average (LOL) he would've had to buy them from roughly the end of Oct to the beginning of Dec.

At that time gold was selling for around 60 cents a mil. If he sold recently gold is bottomed out and can be value probably at around .18.

So the value of his initial investment was 60000 * 11000 = 660 000 000 or $396 before fees with gold at .60.

His final sale was 60000 * 30000 = 1 800 000 000 or $450 before fees with gold at .25.

So assuming all his numbers are truthful (lol yeah you bought in right at that bottom, never heard that before) he made $54.

Better than I thought actually, although if you factor in the fact its hard as hell to sell gold at .25 now and its true value is .18 or less you get:

$324 before fees, netting him a big fat loss.

edit. put 66000 instead of 60000 for some reason. fixed. his numbers are bs anyways so doesn't matter i guess. clarifications. many edits, fu for making me do basic math in the morning.
Edited by Totallylegit#1421 on 2/20/2013 8:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 08:22 AMPosted by whoopadeedoo

Making false equivalencies is a sign of idiocy.

I didn't make the equivalency between schadenfreude and low self esteem. Multiple scientific studies did. But thanks for playing.

No, zippy. You made the false equivalency between watching someone trying to screw you get screwed instead and watching something bad happen to an innocent person.

You really suck as this.

Try not being a petulant, self-righteous prick. It will probably work out better for you in the long run.
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 08:17 AMPosted by Totallylegit
fu for making me do basic math in the morning.

LOL.

I wasn't trying to pick a fight, I just wanted to know how you came to that conclusion, and you've quite handily proved it. Thank you for that.

As for doing math in the morning, hey, at least you're awake now, right? You're welcome! ;-)
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 08:54 AMPosted by KhalARon
As for doing math in the morning, hey, at least you're awake now, right? You're welcome! ;-)

Think I need a nap now actually :)
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 08:17 AMPosted by Totallylegit
So assuming all his numbers are truthful (lol yeah you bought in right at that bottom, never heard that before) he made $54.
Edited by Chillaxin#1429 on 3/11/2013 8:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote

No, zippy. You made the false equivalency between watching someone trying to screw you get screwed instead and watching something bad happen to an innocent person.

You really suck as this.

Try not being a petulant, self-righteous prick. It will probably work out better for you in the long run.

I know you're just trolling, but I'll play your game. Schadenfreude is simply the pleasure derived from the misfortunes of others. There is no qualification for "innocence." There is also no one out to "screw you" in this scenario.

The dweebs who tried to screw us with brimstone hoarding suffered no "misfortune", your ill-informed insistence notwithstanding.
Reply Quote
So now they are down to 15k or so. Takes a while to consume the all the surplus that has been piling up since 1.0.4 :)
But it's still buy, buy, buy time!!!
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 07:50 AMPosted by KhalARon
How much did gold prices drop? Give us a number, and back up your statement with economics and math.

Gold prices have nothing to do with the investment.

So for him to get all his 60k brimstones at 11k average (LOL) he would've had to buy them from roughly the end of Oct to the beginning of Dec.At that time gold was selling for around 60 cents a mil. If he sold recently gold is bottomed out and can be value probably at around .18.So the value of his initial investment was 60000 * 11000 = 660 000 000 or $396 before fees with gold at .60.His final sale was 60000 * 30000 = 1 800 000 000 or $450 before fees with gold at .25.So assuming all his numbers are truthful (lol yeah you bought in right at that bottom, never heard that before) he made $54. Better than I thought actually, although if you factor in the fact its hard as hell to sell gold at .25 now and its true value is .18 or less you get:$324 before fees, netting him a big fat loss.

There was no Loss involved. What does the RMAH have to do with his gold investment? Nothing. So I don't know why you are brining cash into it. Fact is he still invested 660mil gold to get to 1.53bil. So it was a smart investment. You are trying to make it seem more complicated then it is. Because now he has even more buying power. More gold regardless of gold in RMAH being at .25cents floor. What you are trying to say it his 1.53bil gold is worth less then his 660mil was back then. No its not. He can buy more now then he could. Items didn't depreciate that much. If he didn't invest he would still have 660mil gold. He didn't do that though. now he has more. All I just see some jelly comments.
Edited by Abomb247#1301 on 2/24/2013 1:29 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]