Diablo® III

Witch Doctor Spirit Barrage any good?

02/21/2013 05:48 PMPosted by xxBarabbasxx
Are you kidding me??? WD is OP in PvP and they are asking for buff?? Absurd....

Because all anyone plays for is PvP.
Reply Quote
I'll be brief because my comment will most likely be deleted before anyone can read it. To counteract that I'd like to thank the blue for their response anything is better than being ignored. However that was the worst response these forums have ever received. You acknowledged that you were aware of the issue and then said that's how it's intended. Your response was bs inconsiderate probably a lie, because honestly if that's how it was intended to work that Wd's needed to spend more on resource generation than dps or ehp then the designers are also flawed, but more than anything on behalf of the designers I think your response was lazy and I think if you explained to them what a concern it was among the community you'd be able to say we're working on it, within an hour.
To conclude I play barb, it's a fun class and loved necro with d2 however wd is not a fun class.
Blues your going to be on ps3&4 step your game up plz look out for the gammers show some integrity if you don't play because a mempo is $500 and you don't ball like that be honest. Then be humble and listen and bring back the hc blue from last week he was cool.
Reply Quote
WD isn't my main anymore, but I still love her dearly as a fast farmer :-)

SB is GREAT for an added ranged attack if you are squishy for melee range (bears) and IS a decent compliment to bears. If you unload SB and channel for a second then it REALLY starts the rainbow of death... love the skill; an offhand with %damage really shines with the skill.

Frankly, best way for deadly elites is the old SW/SH/BEARS routing, fun and challenging to get timing correct :-)

My $.02 for exactly what it's worth
Reply Quote
02/21/2013 08:39 PMPosted by StCamber
Are you kidding me??? WD is OP in PvP and they are asking for buff?? Absurd....

and 1000% false...
Reply Quote
02/21/2013 09:55 PMPosted by DethAxe

and 1000% false...

Sarcasm detector fail.
Reply Quote
Yea just every class but WD.....

We’re aware of the unique resource challenge that Witch Doctors face, and how that can affect the desire for IAS. I would say that IAS is still valuable for Witch Doctors, but that value scales heavily with effective resource management, and that’s intentional.

I am sorry but .. the only class that has any kind of restraints on maximizing damage is WD... and that's intentional... So what i read is that every other class is actually busted and overpowered and WD is the only class you put any thought into when it comes to class balance damage vs resources.
Edited by Jane#1803 on 2/21/2013 11:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
PLEASE FIX BIC'TOAD PLEEEEEEEASE

Make him swallow players in PvP and Elites in PvE...

I WUV YOU BIC'TOAD!
Reply Quote
On the EU side we have pages and pages of issues with the WD and they just get ignored, we upvoted ALL the WD comments for the Q&A and we were ignored.

You know our resource management is the worst in the game and you're happy with that? It was ONCE alright because for that management and difficulty we have much MUCH higher damage, however since you have buffed everyone else damage to insane levels and sorted all their skills we have been left as a similar damage dealing class with terrible resource management and an affix that brutally ruins us unless we play specific builds.

Instead of fixing the issues you work on porting the game to consoles, seriously this is just insulting, you made a game you tried to say you were being original while keeping with the ethos of the game yet something completely against what Blizzard usual does you just try and milk it for as much money as possible while not caring about the players or the game itself and this is why I've decided not to pre-purchase any Blizzard games in the furture as I've lost all faith in you as a company which is upsetting because I've always been a stoic fan.
Reply Quote
The horrible resource problem's the WD has is why I play Zero Dogs. I however suspect that the developers do not like Zero Dogs because it doesn't use resources and does a ton of damage. I expect a nerf like an increase in sac cost or zombie dog mana cost.
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote
02/21/2013 05:08 PMPosted by Rognar
Got to love retards complain before get facts right, APoC only roll on wand, wizard hat and source, that's only 3 slots, less than WD's and 2 of which being biggest DPS slot, yet wizards all forced to get them and I don't see them !@#$%ing about it.

Sorry if I was unclear. You are right that there are more slots for WD than Wizard, but there is much more variation on WD affixes.

For http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/maras-kaleidoscope and http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/stone-of-jordan there is a 1/58 chance of rolling Reduces resource cost of Zombie Charger and then a 1/7 chance of getting 10 mana. So 1 in 406 chance of getting max resource scaling for those items (1 in 348 for http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/skull-grasp ).

For mojo like http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/uhkapian-serpent it’s 1/5 chance of rolling Reduces resource cost of Zombie Charger and then a 1/9 chance of getting 12 mana. So 1 in 45 chance of getting tops.

I won’t comment on shield/crossbow due to enrage timers in MP10.

For Arcane Power on Crit, the affix is always 9 or 10, so 50% chance of getting tops:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/chantodos-will
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/storm-crow
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/tal-rashas-unwavering-glare
Edited by Dikembe#1368 on 2/22/2013 8:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/CryformeSky-1790/hero/30598148

My build. all spirit except for grasp. very fun build.
Reply Quote
I too am disappointed about the community managers response regarding IAS and mana resources.

Regarding the IAS issue: Other classes generate resources when they attack which then scales with attack speed and increases their damage proportionally. Since WD dont have this, one COMMON affix to help improve dps is removed from consideration and impedes gear selection because instead of a neutral affix if it present, it is essentially a negative affix (short of taking the place of another affix). Give me one example for another class where an affix is actually a negative by being present and impedes their gear selection?

Connected to this IAS is that our passives cost mana, so the faster we attack with a primary in general, the SLOWER we generate mana. How does that work? I know we can just throttle our attacks but we are left with a static max mana pool that doesnt scale well with MP.

For me, it is not so much that we cant span high cost indefinitely but IAS has numerous benefits to players, increased procs to freeze, stun, etc..., increased loh, increased rate of LS, etc. This reduces survivability in higher MP and takes away the enjoyment of numerous affixes in the game if we are steered away from IAS.

Also, Dikembe is right, the relative paucity of equipment that actually scales with IAS is less common and therefore more expensive in the auction house or incredibly difficult to self find. This makes top end WD gear super expensive.

At lot of complaining and no solutions from me yet. So i offer three simple ones that i think would not take much change to coding:

1) remove mana costs from primaries (this solves the IAS hurting our mana generation issue)

2) give WD ~3% life steal as a class benefit - we are WD right... so why can all the WD steal life by staring at our opponents? This essentially frees up one affix on the weapon for players to scale with MP. This would reduce the high cost of the class weapons if this affix is essentially mandatory for most players to scale with high MP and increases gear selection and have people actually use non LS ceremonial knives with mana generation. How many top end WD actually use rare CK nowaways......and i wonder why....

3) Make 'reduce X mana per cast on gear possible on all WD gear and make the spread a little more ie up to 15-20 mana reduction per piece - helms, weapons, on wd legendaries (so as not to PO other classes).

Edit in point 1 to mean primaries instead of passives - sorry
Edited by oubeedada#1573 on 2/22/2013 12:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
I too am disappointed about the community managers response regarding IAS and mana resources.

1) remove mana costs from passives (this solves the IAS hurting our mana generation issue)

2) give WD ~3% life steal as a class benefit - we are WD right... so why can all the WD steal life by staring at our opponents? This essentially frees up one affix on the weapon for players to scale with MP. This would reduce the high cost of the class weapons if this affix is essentially mandatory for most players to scale with high MP and increases gear selection and have people actually use non LS ceremonial knives with mana generation. How many top end WD actually use rare CK nowaways......and i wonder why....

3) Make 'reduce X mana per cast on gear possible on all WD gear and make the spread a little more ie up to 15-20 mana reduction per piece - helms, weapons, on wd legendaries (so as not to PO other classes).

when you say remove mana costs from passives, you are referring to PtV? That's the only one i believe that has a mana cost. That would be awesome, but i'd accept a reduction. +30% mana cost is steep...and is completely unusable at higher mp's....so here are my thoughts...at low mp's, you don't really need another 20% dps, and at high mp's, the +30% mana cost is too steep...this effectively renders the PtV passive completely useless to me

BUt if they removed (or at the least reduced) the mana cost component, it would be a must have
Reply Quote
I think he might have meant primaries, with a Freudian slip relating to the mana issues with PtV.

I would also like to see mana costs removed from skills like Spirit Walk, Horrify, etc. So many times I have tried to pop Honored Guest for a mana recharge but notice a couple seconds later it didn't go off, and I am still OOM.
Reply Quote
02/21/2013 02:36 PMPosted by Grimiku
We’re aware of the unique resource challenge that Witch Doctors face, and how that can affect the desire for IAS. I would say that IAS is still valuable for Witch Doctors, but that value scales heavily with effective resource management, and that’s intentional.

I would be okay with this, but then you guys went and made the class specific gear for witch doctor a fast one hand dagger and offhand, and made a large portion of the witch doctor's arsenal do a percentage of weapon damage over a fixed duration, or be on a cooldown.

The great majority of witch doctor skills fall into this: Haunt, acid cloud's pool, locusts, manitou, pyrogeist, grasp of the dead, spider queen, toad of hugeness, severance/umbral shock and sacrifice. All of these skills do vastly better the slower the weapon.

Look at it this way: from a damage output perspective, skorn is by FAR the best in slot for WD (A rare two handed weapon with a miracle roll could be roughly equivalent). The only reasons people run a 1h/mojo build is for the bonus radius on TotD, zombie dog CD reduction on homonculous, or because they don't know better.

The only place I know of where a fast 1h really shines is proc builds using rain of toads/pets. A fast base weapon, lots of IAS and +min/max can put out some decent damage in that situation. That is a pretty small niche though.

Have the devs considered just normalize the cast time of non-spammable spells, and using a percentage of weapon dps rather than base damage? %IAS could also reduce that normalized speed. That would leave the tradeoff presented by IAS the same, while solving an annoying issue related to base weapon speeds.
Reply Quote
02/22/2013 10:06 AMPosted by xxBarabbasxx
Maybe because you are OP in PvP???? You want all these buffs that would just make WD even more OP. You want the WD to be the most OP class in every aspect??? You want to be able to farm good at high mp??? Roll a barb. I have to roll a WD to dominate PvP... Get real...

Stop trolling our class forum butthurt barb. No one is asking for a buff to our skills. Were talking about mana regen. Maybe get your WD up to 60 and do a few runs so you actually know what were talking about before you rage. By the way mana regen in PvP is no problem for us whatsoever so stop your QQ. It wouldn't make us any more deadly. Were talking about fights that last for minutes, not seconds. Your barb is weak for PvP. Maybe you should look into that instead of coming into our forum and raging.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]