Diablo® III

Witch Doctor Spirit Barrage any good?

Because all anyone plays for is PvP.

Oh so you want WD class to be best in every aspect of this game??? Roll a different class for farming. I have to roll a WD if I want to dominate PvP... Get real...

hahah pvp is not even real. I mean seriously its not pvp its just like a Dumpster version of a FPS.

Calling a WD over powered when most do less damage then you only means you're either under geared or simply have no clue how to play your barb... 419 resists and not even 40 k hitpoints..... on a barb.. really ?!! and they call us glass cannons....
Edited by Jane#1803 on 2/22/2013 11:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
Just sounds like QQ to me. You don't gear right for PVP so WD is over powered and should suffer because you are spitefull, lol, I love gamers... i really do.

If you're not sitting with around 100k HP's and well over 1 million EHP as a barb in PVP you deserve to have your butt handed to you.
Reply Quote
Just sounds like QQ to me. You don't gear right for PVP so WD is over powered and should suffer because you are spitefull, lol, I love gamers... i really do.

If you're not sitting with around 100k HP's and well over 1 million EHP as a barb in PVP you deserve to have your butt handed to you.

i would argue that a good PvP barb probably needs 2-3 mill ehp...with massive regen, armor and at least 100k life

55k life? that's 1 maybe 2 shots from my spirit barrage
Reply Quote
I just recently hit 60 with my WD and geared her with old wiz items and others I had found and can say I love the feel of the play style. I use SB with well of souls and when trash mobs get close I hit the harvest, stack the 5 with the rune (can't recall the name) that wipes out most if not all enemies. do a little circle and stack the 5 globes from passive skill and boom 500k+ dps for the rest of the clean up. Never gets boring to me! :) Also my very slow attack speed doesn't eat up much mana and damage is high enough for my LS to be able to stand in molten or plague, as long as I can keep up barrage.
Edited by yurok84#1276 on 2/22/2013 12:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
i would argue that a good PvP barb probably needs 2-3 mill ehp...with massive regen, armor and at least 100k life

55k life? that's 1 maybe 2 shots from my spirit barrage

How many barbs have 2-3 EHP with massive regen and 100k life? Not many.

The average geared WD is OP and will destroy the average geared barb.... Even a above average geared barb will have trouble with a average geared WD. An above average geared WD versus average geared barb is not the same story...

not many...but the ones that i fought had it. These are the tough PvP barbs.

The 100k life, 1 mill ehp guideline that Jane mentioned is just an entry lvl guideline for barb. Shoot, even my WD when in PvP gear has more than that
Edited by fabbyhunter#1917 on 2/22/2013 11:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
not many...

Exactly.... not many....

My point is...

The average geared WD is OP and will destroy the average geared barb....

Even a above average geared barb will have trouble with a average geared WD.

An above average geared WD versus average geared barb is not the same story...

On average the WD is OP in regards to PvP...

The 100k life, 1 mill ehp guideline that Jane mentioned is just an entry lvl guideline for barb. Shoot, even my WD when in PvP gear has more than that

There is no entry level you are just making stuff up. If any class under the so called "guide line" wanted to PvP they could do so... Are you referring to the threshold needed for a barb to kill an above averaged geared WD?

LOL...you are like a broken recorder.

Yes, there is no doubt that an avg WD is going to kill any avg geared barb. It will not even be close. And yes, WD is OP in PvP. I don't understand why you keep repeating yourself. These are facts that you don't need to convince anyone of.

Maybe I should have clarified...the 100k life, 1 mill ehp is my "entry" guideline for barb. If you don't have that, you will get slaughtered by even avg WD's. An avg barb with 50k life, 7-8k armor, 500 resists and 150k buffed dps (using dps passives like weap master and ruthless) will get owned
Edited by fabbyhunter#1917 on 2/22/2013 12:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
not many...

Exactly.... not many....

My point is...

The average geared WD is OP and will destroy the average geared barb....

Even a above average geared barb will have trouble with a average geared WD.

An above average geared WD versus average geared barb is not the same story...

On average the WD is OP in regards to PvP...

There is no entry level you are just making stuff up. If any class under the so called "guide line" wanted to PvP they could do so... Are you referring to the threshold needed for a barb to kill an above averaged geared WD?

Hey fabbyhunter for 7k elite kills you must have extremely good luck considering the quality of your gear...

At 7k elite kills my char wasn't anywhere close to those stats (life, dps, etc...)... Neither are the majority of players at the 7k elite kill range...

you make the assumption that this is the only character that I have ever owned or that I have ever played...but my WD gear is only avg...not elite.
Edited by fabbyhunter#1917 on 2/22/2013 12:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
Well Jane and Mike Honcho act like WD is fine in PvP and not OP... SO do many other WDs.... And you arguing an extreme outlier geared barb kind of supports this...

Sorry I had to repeat myself but everyone seems to fail to understand I was talking about about

No... we get it. We just don't care about your complaining. Other barbs have figured it out. Do the same. In order for WD to be good in high MP levels we need insane gear. Your class doesn't. In order for barb to be good in PvP they need insane gear, we don't. That's fair. Again, LIKE I SAID BEFORE, we don't need a mana regen buff for PvP. It's irrelevant to the builds we are using. It makes no difference in PvP (which no one cares about except you). I don't know how many other ways I can say it.

Our mana regen system is broken for high MP level farming. It doesn't scale like every other class in the game. We were trying to have a constructive discussion with a blue who FINALLY mentioned it for the first time ever, and you completely derailed the thread. I'm pretty sure we're not going to see any more blue comments here thanks to you. Needless to say you haven't made any friends in the WD forum.
Reply Quote
But you can't be king of PvP and PvE... Get over it..

Not asking to. Asking not to be gimped. You wouldn't know. You don't play WD so you have no leg to stand on in this discussion.

Posted by MikeHoncho
we don't need a mana regen buff for PvP. It's irrelevant to the builds we are using.

Never said you did... Why keep reiterating the same point when I never said that?

You QQ'd at the idea of a mana buff like it would be too OP for PvP. That was the entire reason you posted in the first place. I'm telling you IT MAKES NO EFFING DIFFERENCE. We don't need mana regen in PvP. It won't affect you. For some reason you haven't been able to understand what I'm saying in 3 posts now. I'm done, my brain hurts.
Reply Quote

TL:DR; Quit trying to use IAS, its not a gg stat for every class. Get more intel and damage in place of that IAS and do more damage with your limited resource.

This is where rush of essence comes into play. With more IAS you can stack more mana returns from the passive in a given amount of time. Granted you need as many mana stats on gear you can get (4 piece zuni set is important) and it takes a lil bit of finesse on timing with the other skills in the build but that's the point. When done right its incredibly powerful and applies constant dps to everything around you whether it be against moving targets or stationary ones .

Practice it. You dont even have to actually fight anything to see it in action. Stay in town, open your characters stats, scroll down to mana regen, spam the skills and watch it stack.

We’re aware of the unique resource challenge that Witch Doctors face, and how that can affect the desire for IAS. I would say that IAS is still valuable for Witch Doctors, but that value scales heavily with effective resource management, and that’s intentional.

I used to see this as somewhat nerfed and broken but now Im glad it was made this way. It actually takes a lil bit of creativity (imagine that!). U wanna play cookie cutter easy mode? Play barb.
Edited by rosshilge#1480 on 2/22/2013 2:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
Hmmm not much comment on the TS. As I don't really using it. I'm here because of the response of community manager regarding the mana resources. I'm at 80 regen mana per second at ias 2.36. I'm relying on passive skill and my spidy to support and would bring up to 100 regen and I'm still facing difficulty in spamming bear, can't u guy fix something about leeching mana on spidy higher or something.

One more thing, I got LS 2.8 on knife, LOH at 650+. No matter how I boost up LOH, I still facing difficulty in leeching Hp against RD elite. I boost my armor 4.3k and also my AR at 700 still I'm facing dificulty in RD mob. Whether u fix it turn on or turn off at random time, I probably kill myself in the end.

I do not wanna use ROT... As is technically the only skill that can hit RD mob that still regen life for u. Spider seem like not generating at all. Like nothing like that. Dart umm slightly better but still going down...

I'm talking bout mp4 and mp5.

Mana is an issue, LS or LOH is another issue. Can't really fix something about it? And because of the stupid mana issue, PTV are not worth to use at all. Nothing in our passive skill improving damages except that.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]