Diablo® III

Witch Doctor Spirit Barrage any good?

All this PvP talk is complete rubbish, Blizzard stated they would never balance the classes based on PvP, with that said if they had a little thing WDs had to accept to never play in PvP ever with our class but we got decent PvE changes I bet about 95% if not 100% of WDs out there would opt for the PvE changes.

This is a PvE game not a PvP, the PvP aspect is a side game a little fun to keep the ragers happy. The problem is way back in 1.0.3 and before WDs could dish out massive damage at the cost of depleting their mana fast but for about 20-30 seconds we were gods of DPS, Blizzard have buffed all the other classes to the point where we no longer have the hardest hitting skills and those skills have quite long CDs (Pile On) 10 second cooldown with 550% damage for 102 mana, Monks have Wave of light 1202% damage for 75 Spirit so with the right build that can cast it 3 times without pause dealing 3606% damage in AoE, it doesn't have a CD it doesn't have a stupid animation and oh no out of spirit? Hit a couple on mobs for a few seconds and boom full spirit.

The WDs are meant to be top of the tree for DoTs however we don't have 1 DoT that can get anywhere near what damage Rend does from a Barb.

Worse resource management, lower damage big nukes, weaker DoTs no real speed buffs, problems with Affixes and runes that are 100% useless along with some passives which will likely never get used.

Whoever designed and did the work on the WD with testing and such needs sacking.
Reply Quote
02/22/2013 02:11 PMPosted by rosshilge
I used to see this as somewhat nerfed and broken but now Im glad it was made this way.

This is because Well of Souls has seen buffs/fixes in 3 recent patches (damage, range, & namelock).

I'm happy for Spirit Barrage users like you and Grimiku. But it seems like tunnel vision on the part of the developers when other skills are broken.
Reply Quote
Thank you mods.
Reply Quote
Nah, I'm glad they're deleting your junk, bro. You are confused by what is being discussed, and your failure to engage the subject with an ear to learn something is just depressing. You don't get it, as you have repeatedly demonstrated, yet continue to argue like you have a clue. Please, just stop. It's embarrassing for all involved.
Reply Quote
God I hope you're drunk.

I can't find a facepalm.gif big enough to encompass that chunk of stupid.

So let's play this out. 'WDs are asking for buff to mana regeneration so they can be OP in PvE.' Explain how you think this to be so, taking into account your experience as a WD, and what others have been discussing in this thread.
Reply Quote
You are massively confused here, champ. I believe that you think that nothing can be done to assist mana regen scaling better with higher MP levels without completely overpowering WDs.

And if this is so, you are wrong. Just plain wrong. Mana can be tweaked to improve in harder levels without breaking the game. And if you had any idea of how a WD works, I'd be happy to go through some theory with you. But considering you run a Barb badly, yet still feel you've enough upstairs to chat with authority on a class you don't play, I think I'd have more luck teaching the cat French cuisine.
Reply Quote
If you're in here QQing about something you can't figure out how to beat when the rest of them have, then yeah, it's not really something based off nothing, is it?

Are you able to logically respond to my posts, or are you happy to keep bumbling along like the fool you are?
Reply Quote
sigh
Reply Quote
Great. Now we get bad psychology as well as misinformed opinion from you.

Let me reiterate here:

You are massively confused here, champ. I believe that you think that nothing can be done to assist mana regen scaling better with higher MP levels without completely overpowering WDs.

And if this is so, you are wrong. Just plain wrong. Mana can be tweaked to improve in harder levels without breaking the game.

You are given solid statements here for you to show you listen and understand. You are doing neither, and I have no idea why I find it so amusing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]