Diablo® III

I have 2 heroes. Do they affect one another?

I've created two wizards, one to use simply for testing things with (meaning I don't care if he dies 20 times as I experiment with different weapons etc.). The other wizard is my 'main' hero - the one I plan to use throughout the game. Question is: other than a shared inventory, does what happens to each of these characters individually impact the other character at all? For example, when one dies and is penalized somehow, does the other take a hit too? - Jim
Reply Quote
No, they're not. Each hero is different. You don't get crossed penalized at all. If one hero died, only that hero had her durability reduced.
Reply Quote
No.

But I don't think a test hero is useful. You can use your main hero for testing.
Reply Quote
What singleton said is right. You will pay gold for repairs anyway, so might as well use your main for testing and not buy 2 whole gear sets. It would make more sense if one was a hardcore main and one was a softcore tester
Reply Quote
The above posters are correct. Stash/Gold/Blacksmith and Jeweler progress are the only things shared between characters.
Reply Quote
Thanks everyone - I appreciate the information, and the advice. Raptor, I take your point, but I misspoke. I really want the tester hero so I can practice my moves (meaning rapid key presses combined with mouse moves-n-clicks) against relatively low level monsters until I perfect them. Kinda like learning to play a bass riff on a piano, by practicing to a very slow beat. - Jim
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 07:09 AMPosted by mDab
Thanks everyone - I appreciate the information, and the advice. Raptor, I take your point, but I misspoke. I really want the tester hero so I can practice my moves (meaning rapid key presses combined with mouse moves-n-clicks) against relatively low level monsters until I perfect them. Kinda like learning to play a bass riff on a piano, by practicing to a very slow beat. - Jim

You can accomplish the exact same thing with your main hero.
Levels barely matter in this game, it is all about gear - if you put your test hero's gear on your main hero, it will perform almost exactly the same.

You have even more versatility with your main hero. For example just put high level armor on it, along with a weak weapon, and you'll be experiencing the same low firepower that lets you test against weak monsters, while at the same time being invincible against them so you don't risk dying and having to walk it all back to continue testing.
Reply Quote
GREAT idea. Will save me a lot of churning. Again, thanks. - JIm
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]