Diablo® III

Efficient HotA Gearing

Hey guys. I used to be a WW barb, but am transitioning to HotA. I love it, it's so much better for ubers and high mp key/elite farming than WW.

With a ~25% SoJ, I max out critting on ubers at about 1.3m

I'm wondering if I should drop my attack speed for more crit damage. Has anyone done the calculations to see which is more efficient? Or can you just trust paper DPS with HotA?

The main reason I'm wondering is more because of rend, I suppose, which does the same amount of damage no matter how much attack speed you have (right?).
Reply Quote
You're right about Rend. Attack speed inflates your Sheet DPS and isn't passed to the skill.
I don't remember exactly what is the breakpoint of perma WotB with HotA but I think it was around 1,50 attacks per second, problem I don't remember it was without WotB or with. :/

You might be able to keep your equipment for now. Crafting will probably grant you some damage/survivability boost. For instance:
- Vita (230+) shoulders with up to 300 str and AR is an obvious upgrade.
- Str (230+) chest armor with up to 300 vit and AR might be viable even if you lose the Blackthorne's set bonus.
- Str (230+) amulet can be a good upgrade too but it's slightly harder to get one with a combination of aps/cc/cd/damage.

Still, they're all possible upgrades I would try before switching aps for cd.
Reply Quote
Yeah. I just sold a nice item and have 70m right now. Will probably only get one upgrade out of that.

I honestly don't really need perma WotB. It's faster farming with sprint/marathon. You don't get to keep WotB up for more than one pack (two if you are lucky).

Ubers it is a bit different though. I'm honestly not too concerned with perma WotB for them either, though. It's just about impossible with siegebreaker and can be difficult against SK/Mag too.

I can keep perma WotB up vs. mobs as long as they don't run away and I'm at 1.33 aps (1.58 w/ WotB, 1.50 with my SoJ that I use normally+WotB)

I'm just looking at being more efficient. 70m is the most I've had in a while, so probably gonna dump it on a ring.
Reply Quote
Yeah. I just sold a nice item and have 70m right now. Will probably only get one upgrade out of that.

I honestly don't really need perma WotB. It's faster farming with sprint/marathon. You don't get to keep WotB up for more than one pack (two if you are lucky).

Ubers it is a bit different though. I'm honestly not too concerned with perma WotB for them either, though. It's just about impossible with siegebreaker and can be difficult against SK/Mag too.

I can keep perma WotB up vs. mobs as long as they don't run away and I'm at 1.33 aps (1.58 w/ WotB, 1.50 with my SoJ that I use normally+WotB)

I'm just looking at being more efficient. 70m is the most I've had in a while, so probably gonna dump it on a ring.

Actually perma-wotb is very easy against siegebreaker now, but you have to have enough APS to recover your lost wotb time after each time that you get picked up, as well as the times that Kulle runs away from you.

The hardest is to keep up actually Maghda, sometimes her shield doesn't go up right away if you proc a fear at the wrong time, and if you spend too much time sidestepping lasers/hammer minions/butterflies you may end up losing some wotb time. Perma-wotb is definitely something to aim for during uber fights though, it averages out into so much more damage over the duration of the battle.
Reply Quote
View profile
try bash + punish 8% 3 stack.....crazy buff with skorn, HOTA and Rend . Replace bloodthirst to Animosity if you are hard to keep WOTB .

3 % form IK and rend is enough for life leech if you have 1.5M + crt per hit.
Edited by MADTHUNDER2#3452 on 2/20/2013 12:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
Animosity is great, it gives you +4% chance to crit with HoTA as well as increasing the amount of Fury you get per crit.
Reply Quote
I'll try the animosity out. I'm afraid I won't have quite enough dps for my lifesteal to heal me enough on Ghom on MP9, but I'll see!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]