Diablo® III

Blizzard should give an upgrade after X hours played

After every [X amount of hours played], Blizzard should provide the player with 1 upgrade. This will accomplish the following things:

• people who actually play the game will be rewarded (instead of just playing the AH)
  • people who never get that ridiculous drop in-game will still be able make upgrades
  • people who play more will end up with better gear than people who play less
  • people who do play the AH or get lucky drops will still have better gear than those who do not
  • RNG is no longer the only way to get an upgrade

Instead of being Pay to Win, the game now becomes Play to Win.
Edited by Piffle#1874 on 2/20/2013 6:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 06:56 AMPosted by Piffle

No, the game becomes leave your computer AFK to win.

Horrible idea
Reply Quote
They should just let us choose all of our gear so we don't have to even play to obtain it. -_-
Reply Quote
They can never do these sorts of things, because people will kill themselves from playing too much. It really happens.
Reply Quote
The game is play to win. Its unfortunate that you lack the cranial fortitude to comprehend that. Yes, pay to win is an option, but is by no means required, epsecially with the new crafting. I have not spent 1 dime on this game other than the initial purchase. No, my gear is not the best, but I dont give 3 !@#$s about my ePeen or anyone elses for that matter. Im pretty well geared and have fun playing.
Reply Quote
crafting closes the gap, no need. now you dont need to spend $$ or just get stupid lucky to actually have decent gear. its the credit card warriors that are qqing the most, since their $150 lacuni isn't bis anymore.
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 07:21 AMPosted by Totallylegit
crafting closes the gap, no need. now you dont need to spend $$ or just get stupid lucky to actually have decent gear. its the credit card warriors that are qqing the most, since their $150 lacuni isn't bis anymore.

Crafting just sets up another barrier though. After a certain period of time, you'll have such good gear from crafting that the odds of you getting another upgrade via crafting will be slim to none. Just as the odds of you finding an actual upgrade while farming is slim to none.

And since it will now be harder to gain money from drops, since 5 slots have been devalued due to crafting, once you hit that point it will be much harder to 'trade' (read: buy from the AH) for upgrades.
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Priest
02/20/2013 08:13 AMPosted by Piffle
Crafting just sets up another barrier though. After a certain period of time, you'll have such good gear from crafting that the odds of you getting another upgrade via crafting will be slim to none. Just as the odds of you finding an actual upgrade while farming is slim to none.

It's quite true that when you get to the highest levels of the game and have outfitted yourself in the very best gear whether through drops, auction house or crafting, the odds of finding upgrades will be slim to none.
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 08:17 AMPosted by DeadRu
Anoter unjustified and lame gimmie,gimmie,gimmie

This idea really isn't that different from crafting, outside of the fact that crafting is a gold sink.
Reply Quote
Paragon levels are your reward/upgrade. I highly doubt we are getting anything beyond that for dedicating a large portion of ones life to the game.
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 06:59 AMPosted by Koric

No, the game becomes leave your computer AFK to win.

Horrible idea

kill to win then
Reply Quote
bots don't need better gear.
Reply Quote
sounds like a bot to win plan
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 07:08 AMPosted by hellmonkey
The game is play to win. Its unfortunate that you lack the cranial fortitude to comprehend that. Yes, pay to win is an option, but is by no means required, epsecially with the new crafting. I have not spent 1 dime on this game other than the initial purchase. No, my gear is not the best, but I dont give 3 !@#$s about my ePeen or anyone elses for that matter. Im pretty well geared and have fun playing.

To bad theres not more people with this mentality. Its about having fun playing the game yourself if you dont like it move on. Heck look at my gear its FREAKING TERRIBLE do i care no. Why? Cause im having fun and could care less what the hell your wearing or what your selling and for how much.
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 09:50 AMPosted by BigL
Paragon levels are your reward/upgrade. I highly doubt we are getting anything beyond that for dedicating a large portion of ones life to the game.

I'm not too sure I'd consider Paragon levels a 'reward'.

Sure, I'm now perma-maxed on MF/GF, but was there anything special about reaching 100? Nope.
My epeen might feel better, but I'm after what everybody's after.....better items.

I, for one, like Piffle's idea, especially since I'm sitting at ~1500 hours played and NEVER had an OMFG item drop. Sure, I've had a couple of items sell for ~100 mil, and one (and only one) item for 250 mil, and nothing better. I don't play the AH and I refuse to use the RMAH. I want to play the game, and be rewarded for doing so.
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 09:55 AMPosted by newlife
bots don't need better gear.

02/20/2013 09:56 AMPosted by ArmyofBono
sounds like a bot to win plan

Who cares if bots have better gear? Their presence at all is a bigger impact than them doing their job 1% faster. Or 5% faster. Or whatever it would be.

02/20/2013 09:50 AMPosted by BigL

I don't really see how Paragon levels is relevant to this discussion. Maybe that's just me being stupid, but everyone arguing about whether Crafting saved the game or ruined the economy isn't mentioning Paragon Levels either.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]