Diablo® III

ugh resplendent chests!

Is this normal? 1009 hours with my DH and in that time not once have I found a legendary/set item from a resplendent chest.... I have found one from basically every other source in the game: bosses, elites, trash mobs, once from a pile of skeleton bones, and several times from the normal chests. Is it even possible to get legendaires from resplendent chests?? I'm starting to think its not even worth opening them. Come to think of it i've never even found a rare from it that is worth more than 10mil gold. Its like they are programmed to spew out trash every time, so bad considering nearly everytime I open it with 5 stacks (mainly in the FoM from the farmer while hunting the keywarden)
Reply Quote
Yes, it is possible to get legendary/set from resplendent chest.
Rarely happened but possible.
Reply Quote
Yeah, so please allow this option be purchasable on RMAH so people who are unlucky as OP can feel better by buying resplendent chests that drop leg/set. Also allow us to purchase unidentify scrolls that can make items back to unidentified so that we can drop them off next to any person the moment they open a chest and pretend that they found something awesome and so that they can feel rewarded.
Reply Quote
How are you not Paragon 100 yet even with 1000+ hours?
Reply Quote
lol typical, ask a question, receive hate.... never saw this coming, time to abort ship
Reply Quote
I remember playing in the 1.05 ptr, on two very short, separate occasions. Each time I opened one resplendent chest, each time I got one Legendary. I was super excited about it.

When 1.05 went live I noticed that there were less resplendent chests spawning. I thought, oh, this is because we can get legendaries from them now.

I still havn't gotten a single one, lol, oh well…
Reply Quote
Look at my game time, i only got 2 legend from it. Ivory Flower and some useless 60 sword. If it make u feel better?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Though I haven't experienced it myself, I've confirmed with developers that it is indeed possible to get a Legendary item from a Resplendent chest. It doesn't mean it's likely, but it's probably a good idea to leave no chest unopened. ;)
Reply Quote
Chests should be rewarding, they feel far from it sadly.
Reply Quote
I've gotten several legendaries from resplendent chests. One of which was actually pretty good (a DH Mara's Kaleidoscope).
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 05:44 PMPosted by Vaeflare
Though I haven't experienced it myself, I've confirmed with developers that it is indeed possible to get a Legendary item from a Resplendent chest. It doesn't mean it's likely, but it's probably a good idea to leave no chest unopened. ;)

Like in the 1.05 Patch notes when the developers "confirmed' that it was possible to get the rares/champions achievements? (P.S. grateful they finally fixed this in 1.07!)
Reply Quote
Magic Find does not benefit Resplendent Chests, Normal Chests, or any object.

This is why they are really bad. It's been almost a year since magic find affected them.

They do not want you to get good items from chests because it isn't fun.
Reply Quote
Don't worry, you're not missing much.
Reply Quote
They give 1 NV and that's it.
Reply Quote
Best drop i'v ever had was from a chest, 2socket 76allres blackthornes pant's sold for 720mil..
Reply Quote
I have gotten a legendary from a resplendant chest....
Reply Quote
View profile
I've gotten one from a resplendent chest.
Reply Quote
i got a green drop ONCE from the resplendent chest.
Reply Quote
I want to say that one of the recent patches actually put MF back on Resplendent chests. No other chests or breakable receive that bonus though. So yes, Resplendent chests are worth opening.
Reply Quote
I've even gotten one from a normal chest just recently, Fire Walkers
crappy roll though, and have gotten few legs out of replesant chests, Para 82 atm @ EU
Edited by Cha0s#2522 on 2/20/2013 6:20 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]