Diablo® III

ugh resplendent chests!

Not only have I found a legendary in a resplendant chest, I've also found one in a normal chest, dead body, floor tile, jar of ashes, and weapon rack. Those objects don't benefit from magic find, but if you spare the time interacting with those objects, you're bound to find one eventually....
Reply Quote
Though I haven't experienced it myself, I've confirmed with developers that it is indeed possible to get a Legendary item from a Resplendent chest. It doesn't mean it's likely, but it's probably a good idea to leave no chest unopened. ;)

Like as if we just ignore rep chests because we have this slanted perception of RNG...

We do that for pots and regular containers, not something that shines bright yellow, beckoning us to discover the treasures within.

And you say the playbase don't understand your good intentions....>.>
Reply Quote
I found Zunimassa Boots out of a regular chest two days ago, and just sat there in shock on what just happened.

#1 US worst roll though :(
Reply Quote
I found my wizardspike from a vile/creep tumor some month ago. So far I can't find a better weapon than that.
Reply Quote
i found a legendary from a res chest last night
it was total junk anyway
Reply Quote
I just got my first legendary from a resplendent chest last night. Plvl 27, MP1, Act 3 in the Icefall Caves.
Reply Quote
I have NEVER gotten a decent drop from a Resplendent chest - BUT if you can believe it I have goten a Legendary from a Barrel and in another case a Set Item drop from a pile of trash or whatever it is on the floor in Act 3...

But if you're hoping for something rewarding as a rule or as commonplace forget it. I never pass these items up but I rarely am rewarded for takign the time to check either.

That's the just the facts...! Like everything else in this game 99.99999% of it is garbage but there are lotery winners out there. Just don't plan on being one.
Reply Quote
I've found 2 vile wards from resplendant chest, a few other legendaries from normal chest, even 1 legendary from the urns that you see in the crater areas.
Reply Quote
Have never gotten a legendary from a resplendent chest.. Recently I got some vile wards off a cocoon though..

But yeah.. IMO with 5 NV stacks MF should effect everything from barrels to chests..
Reply Quote
This is false.

02/20/2013 06:18 PMPosted by Alexandros
I want to say that one of the recent patches actually put MF back on Resplendent chests. No other chests or breakable receive that bonus though. So yes, Resplendent chests are worth opening.

This is false.

They act like an elite pack in the fact that they guarantee you a rare, but they are not affected by MF.

Opening one is equivalent to killing a pack on MP0 with 0MF and 5 valor stacks that do not give you MF.
Reply Quote
never got a legendary from a resplendent but i did get a godly nats ring from one. and i've got a couple legendaries from normal chests/breakables/bodies like burning axe of skarsis and tasker and theo. not sure why people don't open/break them. it's just lazy and shows a bad knowledge of how drops work. you're just leaving drops on the table to save a few seconds.
Reply Quote
i had 3 legendary which one of them are set item from resp chest.
Reply Quote
rc are a good easy +1 NV .... thats about it... ooo and blues are good gold/ good for crafting
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 05:44 PMPosted by Vaeflare
Though I haven't experienced it myself, I've confirmed with developers that it is indeed possible to get a Legendary item from a Resplendent chest. It doesn't mean it's likely, but it's probably a good idea to leave no chest unopened. ;)

Thanks for posting on this bs when people are having non stop problems with the AH taking gold, or items. Idk about RMAH as I don't use it but way to have your priorities straight...
Reply Quote

I'm sorry to say but there's really no need to ask again. We all know it's possible, and I believe I have heard about it somewhere in the FAQ with the devs before too. I even found one myself before from those chests. It's just something that doesn't happen all the time. It's old news. I would have checked other millions of more important threads that needed attention more than something trivial like this to be answered if I were one of the working staff with Blizzard.
Reply Quote
I've gotten a Legendary from a regular chest.
Reply Quote
I used to get a ton of legendary items from Resplendent Chests back when they were farmable.

Lets not forget the Clouds in Whimsy.

As a matter of fact, I'd like a moment of silence for the glory that once was Cloud Farming. ;-;7 never for get.
Reply Quote
I found an IK helm in a resplendant last night :) sold for 25 mil HC
Reply Quote
We should add weapon racks to this case.
Reply Quote
got a stormshield before in the early days, back when it was 60m+
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]