Diablo® III

ugh resplendent chests!

It's the same as legendary crafting plans: they drop, but don't expect to see them.
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 05:21 PMPosted by Fantasy
How are you not Paragon 100 yet even with 1000+ hours?

People play the AH don't they?
Reply Quote
Magic Find does not benefit Resplendent Chests, Normal Chests, or any object.

This is why they are really bad. It's been almost a year since magic find affected them.

They do not want you to get good items from chests because it isn't fun.

+1

Not sure why they don't allow MF to effect Resplendent Chests since they got rid of a lot of the easy to reach chests.
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 05:45 PMPosted by Aphraell
Chests should be rewarding, they feel far from it sadly.

Killing things does not feel rewarding either. That is the problem with the game in general - Too much grind with not enough payout.

Diablo II balanced the two things ( time invested vs rewards ) much better.
Reply Quote
I think I've gotten one legendary from a chest and one from a gob ever and I've gotten hundreds upon hundreds of legendaries total.
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 05:21 PMPosted by Fantasy
How are you not Paragon 100 yet even with 1000+ hours?

Really, people still think like this?

It's called: Diablo 3 releases, EVERYONE is super hyped..play hours and days on end only to find by 1.03 you're like meh this game is terrible..then it slowly gets better each and every patch you get hyped up and play..then fades again, hyped up next patch and play, then fades again, rinse & repeat. We're currently in hyped up crafting phase.

The bulk of my hours on my main character comes from prior to paragon levels, in fact a good 80% of them.

You learned something today and are less ignorant and short-sighted due to it, now go off and spread your new found knowledge (by not asking this stupid question again) you're so very welcome.
Edited by MasterJay#1651 on 2/20/2013 10:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
One time I hit a barrel to build rage for sprint and a legendary dropped lol...

I now believe anything can drop a legendary.
Reply Quote
I once found a Legendary from a barrel and also one from a resplendent chest. So they do drop from them but not very often.........
Reply Quote
In way too many hours, have had 4 or 5 legendaries drop from resplendent chests. More than that from normal chests though. Also get quite a few from the puzzle ring.
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 05:44 PMPosted by Vaeflare
Though I haven't experienced it myself, I've confirmed with developers that it is indeed possible to get a Legendary item from a Resplendent chest. It doesn't mean it's likely, but it's probably a good idea to leave no chest unopened. ;)

Can you get a legendary from a fallen maniac? ;)
Reply Quote
1000 hours of play. 1 Legendary from a Chest and 1 Legendary from an IMP, ever.
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 05:44 PMPosted by Vaeflare
Though I haven't experienced it myself, I've confirmed with developers that it is indeed possible to get a Legendary item from a Resplendent chest. It doesn't mean it's likely, but it's probably a good idea to leave no chest unopened. ;)

Just like how the devs told us minions and followers won't go out of their way to hit treasure gobl -
No wait that's still not fixed.

What about when they told us waller will no longer spawn walls on t -
No, wait, that's still not fixed either.

How about when they told us reflect dam-
Wait, hold on, they came back to us 3 months later and said we were right all along.

Anything the Diablo 3 development team says should be (and is) taken with a grain of salt, and I'm hoping the Developer -> CM -> Gamer unspoken code of trust will be reinforced now that Wilson is out of the picture.

Or should we blame Rob Pardo and the rest of his corporate suits for not listening to the fans?
Edited by Tidehorn#1426 on 2/21/2013 5:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
I Never have gotten a single Legendary nor Set item from Resplendent chests...
Reply Quote
Yeah, it's not common, but it happens.

Heck, I recently got a legendary from one of the weapon racks in A4, weapon/armor racks almost never drop rares, let alone legendaries.
Reply Quote
I have gotten a legendary out of one. I don't remember what it was other than it was junk...
Reply Quote
This is false.

I want to say that one of the recent patches actually put MF back on Resplendent chests. No other chests or breakable receive that bonus though. So yes, Resplendent chests are worth opening.

This is false.

They act like an elite pack in the fact that they guarantee you a rare, but they are not affected by MF.

Opening one is equivalent to killing a pack on MP0 with 0MF and 5 valor stacks that do not give you MF.

If that is true, try this:

Open a Resplendent chest with 0 MF. Then try another with 5 MF. See if you notice the difference in loot drops and rares. When I open a Rchest with less than 5 MF, the chances of me getting 2 rares is low. If I do it with 5, I absolutely get 2 rares every time and often 3-4. I've gotten legendaries from Rchests as well, but always with 5 MF.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]