Diablo® III

ugh resplendent chests!

I have 114 hours on my Wizard, and I am at Paragon 11. Half way to level 60 on my Monk, level 15 on my WD. Level 1 on the other characters. I've gotten a legendary from a chest, it's rare, but it's possible.
Reply Quote
I have found plenty of legendary/set items in numerous chests. Just had one yesterday drop out of a regular chest.
Reply Quote
I've had a couple legendaries come out of regular chests, its just a verrrry rare occasion.
Reply Quote
Only one I've gotten was an Andariel's Visage out of the resplendant chest in the spiral trap in the desolate sands of Act 2. If anything, they're worth it just for the stack anyway.
Reply Quote
View profile
I've had at least 5 legendaries (2 were set items) drop from a resplendent chest. I ALWAYS open them.

One of the drops was my first 100 million item (IK gloves with IAS + high crit). I've never had an item sell for above 100 million before or since then.
Reply Quote
View profile
I've found several legendaries (lvl 61-63) and a few set items from chests (primarily respl type)
Reply Quote
To be honest. I have never once found a legendary on a boss character. Unless we're counting that glorious ding from the Staff of Herding plans. So I consider you more lucky than myself OP. Point is don't feel so bad about it.
Edited by Lame#1213 on 2/21/2013 10:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
i got a a nice echoing fury from resplendent chests which i sold for 15mill. So yeah, legendary's drop 100%
Reply Quote
I can confirm I've had a legendary from a resplendent chest.. Nice surprise! As well as the one dropped by a screaming goblin which I totally didn't expect! :o)
Reply Quote
They are worth opening but it's not anything more amazing then an elite kill the thing I normally like about them is that you tend to get 2-4 gems off them.
Reply Quote
I'd be curious to know whether it's possible for a legendary to drop from an armour rack? I thought they only gave pointless garbage drops, but I recently had a decent rare appear from one which made me wonder whether a legendary is possible?
Reply Quote
I got one from resp chest. a PUS SPITTER!!! in barracks 2 resp chest. Was like an EPIC leggy!!! ...haha
Reply Quote
View profile
Got 160M skorn from a normal chest! I almost missed it too, since someone else opened the chest.
Reply Quote
I'm starting to think its not even worth opening them. Come to think of it i've never even found a rare from it that is worth more than 10mil gold. Its like they are programmed to spew out trash every time

Boohoo. If you don't want people hating on you don't come off sounding so whiny. I have never had an item of from any source sell for more than 4 million gold.

I'm coming up on 300 hours and I have never found a legendary from any aspect of the environment (corpse, chest of any type, pots, barrells, etc). I still don't doubt that they drop from these sources from time to time. I have however had legendaries drop from treasure goblins where I've heard others say it's never happened to them. Random is random.
Edited by GutRipper#1344 on 2/21/2013 12:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
Chests are completely broken in this game. They aren't even worth opening as I am better off spending the time running to the next monster pack. Resplendent chests aren't worth hunting for the same reason. We're better off finding the next elite pack.

I can confirm that I have found 1 legendary from a resplendent chest. I wish the chase for these was a draw to the game. Having added elements to find items is what this game needs. It's also very upsetting that we aren't given any reason to kill the bosses, you know, doing diablo runs for example. What a concept...in this game called diablo.

Act 4 needs a huge revamp. More elites, a reason to hunt the side zones, and a reason to kill diablo. Act 4 was a great experience on the first run through- and now I'm sure most of us have played les than 1% of our total time in it
Reply Quote
View profile
haha you're wrong, though

i'm always amazed how little understanding people have of the mechanics of the game. a resplendent chest IS an elite drop, it generates in the same way. the only difference is it generates MORE loot than an elite, so it's actually BETTER. and it's a stack. saying they're pointless to hit because "it's better to kill the next elite" is laughably ridiculous. you should be treating them as the next elite.

by your logic, why kill goblins either? since they have the same amount of loot drops as chests..
Reply Quote
This is false. They act like an elite pack in the fact that they guarantee you a rare, but they are not affected by MF. Opening one is equivalent to killing a pack on MP0 with 0MF and 5 valor stacks that do not give you MF.

Just want to point out that you are NOT guaranteed to get a rare from an elite pack. Yes, the vast majority do give you at least 1 rare but not all of them. There have been times I have had a full stack of NV on MP4 and killed a pack or two without getting a rare.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]