Diablo® III

ugh resplendent chests!

I looted a Dead Mans Legacy from a resplendent chest two days ago, and a Storm Crow from a regular chest the day before that. It's totally possible!
Reply Quote
02/21/2013 01:17 PMPosted by Svodnik
This is false. They act like an elite pack in the fact that they guarantee you a rare, but they are not affected by MF. Opening one is equivalent to killing a pack on MP0 with 0MF and 5 valor stacks that do not give you MF.

Just want to point out that you are NOT guaranteed to get a rare from an elite pack. Yes, the vast majority do give you at least 1 rare but not all of them. There have been times I have had a full stack of NV on MP4 and killed a pack or two without getting a rare.

this is either:

a.) a glitch

or

b.) one of the following:

-an elite pack where you thought you killed them all but forgot one. especially easy to do with a 4 group if you're expecting three
-you thought the rare drop came from another monster
-the loot got thrown around oddly, sometimes it doesn't pile up like it should. may have thrown the rare out to the side so it looked like a separate drop
-your stacks ran out and you didn't realize it/you never had 5 yet to begin with and didn't realize it
-your party killed the elite just before you got down there so you didn't register a drop for it
Edited by pigeonspank#1488 on 2/21/2013 1:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
I've gotten one from a small chest, a weapon rack and even a crate. But never a Res chest...
Reply Quote
I've never had this happen but I did get a legendary polearm = brimstone from the guy in act 3 who says "Leave me and take this, I have no use for it anymore". Then Blizzard patched the game on Tuesday and I haven't gotten a legendary since.
Reply Quote
Though I haven't experienced it myself, I've confirmed with developers that it is indeed possible to get a Legendary item from a Resplendent chest. It doesn't mean it's likely, but it's probably a good idea to leave no chest unopened. ;)

Heck, I got one from a loose stone in the last two or three weeks.
Reply Quote
i've pulled legendaries in the following non-kill ways:

1) from resp chest (2x, one on normal difficulty and one on inferno; one was HC and one was SC)
2) from a log in the weeping hollow (the vile ward my barb is wearing now)
3) from a dead body (a few times...mostly junk that i don't have any longer)

i've pulled a lot of legendaries from combat but only one set item (zuni ring), wish i saw more green!
Reply Quote
just found wong khim lau from a res chest.
http://i.imgur.com/8GjW2hc.jpg
Reply Quote
bosses - yes (*a few times where it dropped 2 - 3 legends at once)
uber bosses - yes
elites - yes
white regular mob - yes
dead bodies - yes
barrels - yes
white chest - yes
resp chest - yes

above are my personal 1400 hrs of experience
Reply Quote
I have never found one from resplendent chest. In fact normal chest, bones etc are better for me as i have found a few from them
Reply Quote
I've found a legendary on a resplendent chest once but I think there was a glitch in the matrix making that possible. :))
What I've also noticed is that those chests don't drop as well as an elite pack; for example an elite can drop up to 4-5 yellows (nvm the blue items and white) while a resplendent chest 2-3 max.
The logical assumption is that the chest was designed to drop a limited amount of loot.

PS: It's a waste of time opening all the chests and cracking all the vases in the game.
Reply Quote
this is either:a.) a glitch or b.) one of the following:-an elite pack where you thought you killed them all but forgot one. especially easy to do with a 4 group if you're expecting three-you thought the rare drop came from another monster-the loot got thrown around oddly, sometimes it doesn't pile up like it should. may have thrown the rare out to the side so it looked like a separate drop -your stacks ran out and you didn't realize it/you never had 5 yet to begin with and didn't realize it-your party killed the elite just before you got down there so you didn't register a drop for it

It has to be A because it is not any one of the possibilities that you listed. I also know for sure I am not the only one who has experienced this. This leads me to believe that it is not a glitch and that just you and the other poster have just been lucky to get one everytime.
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 05:21 PMPosted by Fantasy
How are you not Paragon 100 yet even with 1000+ hours

Are you aware that paragaon levels came out a very long time after launch?
Reply Quote
just found wong khim lau from a res chest.
http://i.imgur.com/8GjW2hc.jpg

haha yeh thats the chest i always go after, the farmer making puns about his deceased wife. Ive probably opened it about 200+ times, and nothing... just think its strange because they eject out tonnes of loot and I woulda thought by now that I would have gotten one from it... after all like i said in my 1st post ive got over 1000 hrs , and even found legendaries from objects like bones, and many times from normal chests, its just so weird.
Reply Quote
I've gotten a legendary from a regular chest.. good times.
Reply Quote
i got an legendary bracers from ordinary chest. tho it was a vendor item
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
02/20/2013 06:18 PMPosted by desertfox
i got a green drop ONCE from the resplendent chest.

"My sister kicked me in the balls once.... ONCE"
Reply Quote
I never ever leave a chest without open the very first legendary i got on this game was from a resplendent chest

it was http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/arreats-law

=)
Reply Quote
Good thing we have a blue responding here and not the more pressing issues of the game.
Reply Quote
I've got over 20 legends from resplendent chests so far...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]