Diablo® III

ugh resplendent chests!

I just had a (crappy) Shenlong's Relentless Assault drop form the southeast lift chest in Black Canyon Mines.

I also had a Manajuma's Carving Knife (also crappy) drop from a goblin with about half it's health left (though a few months and a couple of patches ago), so I would say that legendaries can drop from anything that can drop items.
Reply Quote
The last 3 legendarys I've picked up have been from plain, non-resplendent chests. I've also got legendarys from dead guards and even barrels. I leave no chest unopened, no barrel unbroken, and no body unturned. Thanks Manitou!
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 05:21 PMPosted by Fantasy
How are you not Paragon 100 yet even with 1000+ hours?

I can see why. Can't you?

He takes his time during the game, no speed runs, and he can't play high MPs, only has 222 All Resist on his gear. Probably dies a lot when fighting elites.

OP, this is only a surmising, based on your current gear of course. I really don't know how you actually play. :D

Although, he is very close to 100. :P Something that I have yet to manage with my DH. But mine only has 220 some odd hours in at P30.

As for the topic, I honestly can't remember if I had gotten one from a resplendent or not yet. Could have though. I usually don't expect one. I have gotten them from unusual places though. One came out of a pile of rocks in A2 once.
Edited by DTMAce#1687 on 2/22/2013 7:18 AM PST
Reply Quote
I've found a few from resplendent chests. One was a crappy lvl 50 legendary plan whose materials don't dop in interno yet the plan does. The others were instant brimstones. Totally not worth losing any sleep over.
Edited by FreeWilly#1612 on 2/22/2013 7:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
I got a pair of IK gloves from a res chest once, so yes you can

The ones on my barb infact... edit
Edited by Benjy#1275 on 2/22/2013 8:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
got a legendary from a resplendent yesterday so yes :)
Reply Quote
02/22/2013 01:34 AMPosted by Svodnik
this is either:a.) a glitch or b.) one of the following:-an elite pack where you thought you killed them all but forgot one. especially easy to do with a 4 group if you're expecting three-you thought the rare drop came from another monster-the loot got thrown around oddly, sometimes it doesn't pile up like it should. may have thrown the rare out to the side so it looked like a separate drop -your stacks ran out and you didn't realize it/you never had 5 yet to begin with and didn't realize it-your party killed the elite just before you got down there so you didn't register a drop for it

It has to be A because it is not any one of the possibilities that you listed. I also know for sure I am not the only one who has experienced this. This leads me to believe that it is not a glitch and that just you and the other poster have just been lucky to get one everytime.

if it was any of the other possibilities you wouldn't have realized it...that's the entire point.

and i don't get your other point...because it's happened to more than just you it can't be a glitch? glitches tend to happen to everyone..
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 05:31 PMPosted by RockyRocket
lol typical, ask a question, receive hate.... never saw this coming, time to abort ship

I think you have your metaphors mixed.

I think you mean, either:

a. "abandon ship"

or

b. "abort mission"

-JJ
Reply Quote
Respeldent chests do in fact drop legendary items, i found my first two handed legendary sword Maximus for my echantress follower. in depths lvl 2, A3. mid 200's mf was a long time ago, only happened once in my 600-700 hours playing all classes
Reply Quote
I thought resplendent chests acted just like elite packs? I've gotten plenty of legendaries from them. I'm not sure if I've ever gotten one from a normal chest, though.
Reply Quote
02/22/2013 09:45 AMPosted by pigeonspank
if it was any of the other possibilities you wouldn't have realized it...that's the entire point.

My point is, it is not any of your possibilities. When the nv stacks timer reset with 5 full stacks that means two things; every elite was killed and the stacks were there to begin with. Also when you kill 2 mobs a bunch of whites and there are no rares that means none got dropped. As far as items dropping funny unless they fall on the opposite side of the map I am not misssing them. As far as the party idea goes, I play solo, very rarely do I play co-op. So yes, I would realize if it were one of those. The point I was trying to make about the glitch is that I find it hard to believe that just a small number of people experience it if it is a glitch. Either way if it is a glitch or not my main point still stands true, you are NOT guarenteed a rare off an elite pack. Who knows maybe you're wrong and it isn't a glitch and you just get lucky, maybe I'm wrong and it is an uncommon glitch.
Edited by Svodnik#1766 on 2/22/2013 12:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
So... what's the point of these 'special' chests now, if not to get sweet loot?
Reply Quote
Though I haven't experienced it myself, I've confirmed with developers that it is indeed possible to get a Legendary item from a Resplendent chest. It doesn't mean it's [i]likely[/i], but it's probably a good idea to leave no chest unopened. ;)

This^
Reply Quote
i got a legendary from the dying soldier in the fields. of course it was terrible, but that was the one thing i really wanted to accomplish before i uninstalled this game and drank away even the rancid memory of it.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
The thing with chests is that.. they are not influenced by magic find.. thats why they don't seem to drop anything good almost never.
Reply Quote
I found one in a replesant chest
Reply Quote
wouldnt it be a good idea to give chests a slightly better drop rate?
Reply Quote
02/22/2013 02:16 PMPosted by btbsaul
i got a legendary from the dying soldier in the fields. of course it was terrible, but that was the one thing i really wanted to accomplish before i uninstalled this game and drank away even the rancid memory of it.

lol.....

02/22/2013 11:37 AMPosted by Strauss
So... what's the point of these 'special' chests now, if not to get sweet loot?

you have a very good point that blizzard knows about but still remain unfixed
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]