Diablo® III

Combat isn't slow in Path of Exile

my birthday cake ranger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TsZ6Aga9Es&feature=youtu.be

Legit.
level 54. takes like 3 days to get there.

who said combat is slow in PoE...?
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 2/14/2013 12:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
I made my duelist the omnislasher. cloud strife wannabe.

http://youtu.be/MZzCfeGLyI8
Reply Quote
Uh oh.. Player love is starting to represent.
Reply Quote
Cool builds, man!

I'm currently working on a dex based Marauder that will have ultra movement speed and ias. Sword & board with shield charge.

Going for the Armour Master passive to remove the movement speed penalty of melee armour.

Doing it in hardcore, so it'll take a while. Fun stuff :)
Reply Quote
LOL shield charge is so OP, its like a bichslap to the enemy face.
Reply Quote
I liked that birthday cake ranger! looks very fun i will have to try that out!
Reply Quote
Thumbs up to being OP :D
Reply Quote
Notice how slow the mobs are? How your character behaves is only half of the equation. If players quit before the game becomes fun to them, who cares if the later game is faster and more enjoyable. I think it's a poor design decision on GGGs part to make low level combat so slow and clunky.
Reply Quote
Notice how slow the mobs are? How your character behaves is only half of the equation. If players quit before the game becomes fun to them, who cares if the later game is faster and more enjoyable. I think it's a poor design decision on GGGs part to make low level combat so slow and clunky.

they're about the same speed as Diablo 3, some are even faster. The fact that my movespeed boost can exceed +50% already says something.

The mobs are only slow because my character is pumped on speed, they can't exactly catch someone with 40% movespeed bonus and a 90% increase during a flask boost.
And that's not even a mob that's hasted. Those things move faster than bugged champion tremors in Diablo3.

Low level diablo 3 was boring as hell dude, it wasn't anythign fast paced or action-packed. It's just like any other game's low level, if you can't even bother to dive deep into a game there's no point saying anything if you're playing in the puddles.

Magic missile Wizard Level 1-20? Yeah I'm standing still whipping my wand, frozen in attack animation per attack. I don't exactly move either and its the same combat as PoE. Wear a 2handed sword it becomes just AS slow if not SLOWER.

What's your fastest attack speed in Diablo 3? I can guarantee you it's not as fast as my ranger's 6.06 attacks per second. Took like 3 days to get there, Diablo 3? About 80 hours to get to end of Inferno or level 60+, practically the same length. Your crit multiplier? Capped at 300%? Guess what PoE's cap is?

Elemental Damage <- does d3 even know what this is?

My comparison is on equal levels, if I compared PoE's level 1 to Diablo 3's level 1, PoE would definitely have me already. I'm comparing Diablo 3's level 60 to PoE's midgame. It's not even a fair comparison, yet it's already exceeded the speed of Diablo 3's combat, just from time spent in playing game on equal lengths. I have about 120 hours clocked on D3, much of which the other 80 of the 200 hours I played were spent farming gold for RMAH income, my PoE is reaching the 80 hour mark which was when I remembered reaching inferno.

Cruel is like midway through Hell in Path of Exile in terms of Diablo 3.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 2/17/2013 11:29 PM PST
Reply Quote

Flicker strike mobs would like to have a word with you. There are also many fast moving mobs, and mobs that can spawn with movement/attack speed boosting auras. How about you play the game before pretending to be an authority on it?

Back on topic. My latest build is a Blood Magic bow Duelist. Its incredibly fun to spam bow skills with infinitely regenerating health.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
02/17/2013 03:53 PMPosted by FrodoFragins

You're calling the cobras, lightning monkeys etc slow? They kinda move about as fast as the eye can see. Heaven forbid you find an increased movement speed pack.

It literally takes like 20 levels (around an hour) for the game to get faster than D3 end-game, unless you actually choose to ignore anything on gear/skill tree/gems etc that improve the pace.
Reply Quote
02/17/2013 03:53 PMPosted by FrodoFragins

No, it's not. It's all part of immersion. Name one game where you start out as god and lose your powers? Unless we talking about a tutorial mode or something. The fact is: in PoE, your character progresses, and part of that progression is the sense that you are actually becoming stronger. Not just in DPS, but in attack speed, movement, skill/support gems, and ability to take hits.

Diablo 3 is the EXACT opposite. You start out destroying things only to feel gimp later on. That's not exactly great game design either, in fact, it's worse, since you already invested so much time into it, you feel you have to continue or it was a huge waste.
Reply Quote
Diablo 3 is the EXACT opposite. You start out destroying things only to feel gimp later on. That's not exactly great game design either, in fact, it's worse, since you already invested so much time into it, you feel you have to continue or it was a huge waste.

I dunno, I feel like a bad !@# most of the time playing my Wiz/Monk. Dropping a bell and one shotting an elite pack, seems pretty powerful to me.
Reply Quote
Diarrhea isn't slow, but it is still crappy.
Reply Quote
Got my marauder to 36 and got bored with that game :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]