Diablo® III

Godly Crafted Amulets!

Crafted about 20 ammy's yesterday, then got this.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Manathir-1273/hero/12022687
Reply Quote
Good on ya man! Trifecta aint easy I know that. I've crafted 3 so far and no such luck.
Reply Quote
This will push the prices of Bis amulets down a lot. I am happy.
Reply Quote
That is beautiful, Manathir.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Aphraell-1269/hero/986244

110 ish crafts

Nice ammy though Manathir
Edited by Aphraell#1269 on 2/13/2013 6:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
Thanks guys, about the best rolled item i have in game so far.
Reply Quote
Nice Aphraell. Even better than mine
Reply Quote
Only managed a difecta but it's not too bad

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Tantalos-1110/hero/5111273
Reply Quote
No its not bad at all.
Reply Quote
mine's a trifecta wid LOH :) some 15 odd crafts.. need to craft till i get a high crit rate amulet :)

(EU server)
Reply Quote
Doesn't matter what you craft. Its a Boa. and can't be traded. :(
Reply Quote
Up to over 160 crafts on just ammies, no dice. Ah well.
Reply Quote
I crafted only 5 amulets for my wizz, on my FIFTH try i got a trifecta:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/TheCondemner-1429/hero/18838351
Reply Quote
I crafted this one on my 15th try:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MrWhite-1327/hero/2713250

Quite happy with that :)
Reply Quote
Well too bad that wizards need for bis amulets a tal rashas allegiance ;).

Otherwise nice boa amulets but no chance in the !@#$ing burning hells that it will be better then the aformentioned set amulet which will be THE bis amulet for wizards ;).

If you however find such a thing as a str. version for barbs yes i agree it really is the bis amulet you would search for or in the case of the dh it would also be the bis one you'd like to have but for wizards its not :).
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 05:50 PMPosted by Abomb247
Doesn't matter what you craft. Its a Boa. and can't be traded. :(

God forbid you have to use an item and not trade or sell it.
Reply Quote

Otherwise nice boa amulets but no chance in the !@#$ing burning hells that it will be better then the aformentioned set amulet which will be THE bis amulet for wizards ;).

If you however find such a thing as a str. version for barbs yes i agree it really is the bis amulet you would search for or in the case of the dh it would also be the bis one you'd like to have but for wizards its not :).

I disagree. Crafted can be better that Tal's. Tal can roll trifecta, but if it rolls that, it can't have avg dmg. Yes, it has elemental standard, but I'm pretty sure high avg dmg > 5-6% elemental. In addition, Tal CD maxes out at 65% whereas a crafted one can go to 100%. Plus, even with the trifect and avg dmg, you can still roll the vit that comes on a Tal or, perhaps as some people would prefer, you can roll 80 AR instead.
Reply Quote

I disagree. Crafted can be better that Tal's. Tal can roll trifecta, but if it rolls that, it can't have avg dmg. Yes, it has elemental standard, but I'm pretty sure high avg dmg > 5-6% elemental. In addition, Tal CD maxes out at 65% whereas a crafted one can go to 100%. Plus, even with the trifect and avg dmg, you can still roll the vit that comes on a Tal or, perhaps as some people would prefer, you can roll 80 AR instead.

You are free to disagree (IoI hehe :P) but before you do mate let me tell why i think that a top rolled tal rashas allegiance BEATS ANY top rolled boa amulet in this game ;).

The so called 5 - 6 % elemental damage bonus buddy scales with your overall damage AND your physical weapon damage. That means that the more overall damage you get the more the % ele damage scales with it and kicks in. Think of it like life % scales with every vit point you gain ;). On high levels of dps it scales like crazy and due to the nature of this game of having easily 100s of k dps its no wonder that % ele damage bonus > any average damage because average damage is the same like the bonus overall average damage you gain from off hands (sources). Let alone that for a wizard specifically you can gain a lot of % ele damage modifiers which benefits your overall and physical weapon damage even more ;). Though ele damage bonus weapons will not benefit from it as much as pure physical weapons which is obvious why as the mechanic was already posted by the cms ;).

This and the case that percentage values scale better and of course the case that your physical weapon will profit tremedously from it even if it profits from the average damage as well but as average damage is capped at certain max. values percentage damage is not because it always reflects the amount of dps gain depending on your physcial weapons stats and is not a modifier that simply adds to your damage. What i mean with that is that in comparison to the gain of x - y more average damage on your physcial weapon the % ele damage is depended on the max. values of your damage range of your weapon and as 6% is max. it will scale better on higher dps weapons and therefore grant you way more damage then the set amount of average damage you gain from quadfecta amulets what you may have thought about ;).

For example.

If your physical weapon (alias "black damage" like many noobs call it) has 500 - 1000 dps with the incorporation of the modifiers of min max. damage and weapon % damage then you gain 6% on top of that which results in 530 - 1060 dps of your weapons damage range. Granted you could have more average damage on your amulet as its range can be way higher then 30 - 60 average damage but the 6% also add up to your overall damage and thats where we have a breaking point mate and thats why this unique set amulet stat pwns any boa crafted amulet out there mate ;).

You need to keep that in mind mate and a reason why there are since patch 1.0 discussions regarding itemization in this game ;).
Edited by Merlin#1937 on 2/19/2013 3:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/13/2013 06:27 PMPosted by CoolSam
Good on ya man! Trifecta aint easy I know that. I've crafted 3 so far and no such luck.

trifecta

am i the only who calls it triforce?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]