Diablo® III

Rate/Critique the barb above you. (RTFM!!)

^^ nice one 9/10 with better mempo and lacuni it will be 10/10 ;)
@DikDoctaRok

Unable to see profile...then again I can't even see my own profile and I don't know why :(
its a know error it will be arranged soon
@NeverNguyen I would rate your barb for 5/10. Highly suggest get more attack speed. Lacuni with 3 or 4 CC maybe, It help you get 24MS and attack speed as well. Cheer

Ops, @oldshcool16V Awesome barb 8/10. Maybe replace some ruby gems with some Vit gems. Better EHP. Cheer
Edited by ed1001#1664 on 2/18/2013 9:45 AM PST
@ed --- I'm no expert (obviously) only gap I can see is CD on gloves. But pickup radius might be personal preference because at 300k dps... who cares about 20-30% more CD?
@hikeon3 The reason use that gloves because is have max CC, 5% IAS and high Str. Pick up radius is a plus. By the way, there no CD on my gloves. Cheers

@death

Thanks for the advice and I have the same concept way of thinking few month back about AR but now the real DPSer does not need that much resist which DPS itself are the best resist of all

Yes I agree the more DPS you do the less you have to rely on defense but to a point. DPS doesn't stop things like molten, desecrator, plagued, arcane or electrified from hurting you, resistance to all elements mitigate this. Yes more damage means life steal works better however despite your sheet damage being higher than me, our hit ranges are very similar on our skills. That simply means our life steal is very similar (you have a bit more damage, I have a bit more life steal) at given damage ranges. However I have more mitigation form incoming damage which obviously means I take less of that damage, which in turn means LS actually works better for me.

I too fell into the DPS above all else temptation. But in order to take your barb to the next level you will need to buff up your defenses.

Oh yeah these damage molten, desecrator, plagued, arcane or electrified cant really hurt me or does it hurt you? Then the AR we're talking about is useless, I can help you if u need to improve some gears or giving any advice :)

Yes I agree the more DPS you do the less you have to rely on defense but to a point. DPS doesn't stop things like molten, desecrator, plagued, arcane or electrified from hurting you, resistance to all elements mitigate this. Yes more damage means life steal works better however despite your sheet damage being higher than me, our hit ranges are very similar on our skills. That simply means our life steal is very similar (you have a bit more damage, I have a bit more life steal) at given damage ranges. However I have more mitigation form incoming damage which obviously means I take less of that damage, which in turn means LS actually works better for me.

I too fell into the DPS above all else temptation. But in order to take your barb to the next level you will need to buff up your defenses.

Oh yeah these damage molten, desecrator, plagued, arcane or electrified cant really hurt me or does it hurt you? Then the AR we're talking about is useless, I can help you if u need to improve some gears or giving any advice :)

ROLF Serious? Last thing I need help form is a glass cannon barb. Bro no need to get defensive, we all know your barb is lacking a lot of resists and defenses. If you want some help or advice I can assist you.

ROLF Serious? Last thing I need help form is a glass cannon barb. Bro no need to get defensive, we all know your barb is lacking a lot of resists and defenses. If you want some help or advice I can assist you.

Come on man Death you're old enough in this game stop going the old fashion way be more advance and it won't hurt you to take some advice from other in fact look at the score or ratings im still higher in every way. Get out from old hole and start a new begining start upgrade yourself to the next level. :)
hay guyz lets get into an epeen contest in a rate the above barb thread, this has nevr happend b4
02/18/2013 10:54 AMPosted by Aracknid
hay guyz lets get into an epeen contest in a rate the above barb thread, this has nevr happend b4

10/10.
@arthur im sure is a good barb.Everyones skorn now??

Come on man Death you're old enough in this game stop going the old fashion way be more advance and it won't hurt you to take some advice from other in fact look at the score or ratings im still higher in every way. Get out from old hole and start a new begining start upgrade yourself to the next level. :)

You are in fact the one that is in the old fashioned ways. I too was once like you all glass cannon. You don't understand the fundamentals of building a balanced barb so my efforts to educate you I fear are lost. Scores are higher than mine? Look again bud, despite me having less life than you my EHP is over 100k higher than yours and we've already covered it but your resists are just a joke bud. The only thing you did more of than me is paper damage. I say "paper damage" because with all the retreating and repositioning you have to do to avoid damage, I don't have to so my real world output is higher than yours. I never retreat and I don't have to worry about standing in arcane beams while wading in knee deep in desecrator and plague pits, I fight through them.

Its OK it will take you some time to understand your shortcomings and when you are ready to take your barb to another level let me know. I don't hold grudges and will help you when you are ready.
Edited by Death#1408 on 2/18/2013 11:11 AM PST

You are in fact the one that is in the old fashioned ways. I too was once like you all glass cannon. You don't understand the fundamentals of building a balanced barb so my efforts to educate you I fear are lost. Scores are higher than mine? Look again bud, despite me having less life than you my EHP is over 100k higher than yours and we've already covered it but your resists are just a joke bud. The only thing you did more of than me is paper damage. I say "paper damage" because with all the retreating and repositioning you have to do to avoid damage, I don't have to so my real world output is higher than yours. I never retreat and I don't have to worry about standing in arcane beams while wading in knee deep in desecrator and plague pits, I fight through them.

Its OK it will take you some time to understand your shortcomings and when you are ready to take your barb to another level let me know. I don't hold grudges and will help you when you are ready.

LOL speechless...... I guess u didn't do it right before and u were saying u get hurt standing on elements and that's means you're kiting lol, Barbs don't kite i stand on any elements without any issues. Well anyways, is always hard to teach an old man with a new trick.. :{
Edited by Arthur#1635 on 2/18/2013 11:25 AM PST
LOL it's I who is at a real loss for words that a glass cannon is trying to tell a better balanced barb like myself that he needs to adjust. Speechless indeed. Carry on glassy, apparently you just don't understand.
Guys, guys, guys... even three months later, I still had more EHP and DPS than both of you. Maybe not as much DPS, but I was a dual-wield after all. Also, it's just hilarious looking at Arthur's Barb and giggling about the reflect damage/health link packs that must be owning him more often than not. Sure, it's nice to have all that extra armour, but that's not enough to face-roll. I would love to see 400 resistances handle reflect damage + health links and tank it.
02/18/2013 11:34 AMPosted by acrimonious
Guys, guys, guys... even three months later, I still had more EHP and DPS than both of you. Maybe not as much DPS, but I was a dual-wield after all. Also, it's just hilarious looking at Arthur's Barb and giggling about the reflect damage/health link packs that must be owning him more often than not. Sure, it's nice to have all that extra armour, but that's not enough to face-roll. I would love to see 400 resistances handle reflect damage + health links and tank it.

Sure man i'll be glad to show you, all these elements from elites doesn't really hurt as much, as long as your crit is enough to do 1.5-1.8Mill per hit you literally eats up all the intake damage and not to mention if i got REND active my life bar is alwasy full
02/18/2013 11:34 AMPosted by acrimonious

EHP yes, you had more of, DPS no. I believe it was you and I who were talking back and forth previously when I was in his shoes and all glass cannon. Anyway, yes that's precisely the point I'm trying to explain to him. He isn't face tanking health link + reflect mobs or even the elite/champion packs on act 2 the wind wraiths (spinning helicopter looking mobs) for that matter. Toss in another affix that they almost always come with like electrified, plagued, molten or desecrator and he'll be a headstone in a few seconds or be forced to turn tail and run.
LOL getting threesome now?
Edited by Arthur#1635 on 2/18/2013 11:53 AM PST
@Death and Arthur

Both of you are top level 2H barbs. Why don't you 2 add each other and do a few MP10 runs together? That way each of you will have a decent perspective on how the other operates instead of making assumptions. I'm sure both of you will do just fine at any MP level. :)
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]