Diablo® III

Gem drops

So I have an idea that I would like to share with everyone and see what everyone else has to say

Here it is:

What if bosses, in inferno, had a chance to drop gems higher than the gems that already drop?

I.E. what if when you fought any boss in any act, in inferno, and they had a chance to drop a gem up to a quality of a perfect star? Would it not make boss fights more meaningful?

Just a thought. Opinions anyone?
Reply Quote
i would love it!!!!
Reply Quote
It would be nice. I'd also like the ability to hammer gems down back to a lower quality. need some more psquares for crafting,
Reply Quote
@runit3 yeah that would be kinda cool too, being able to break down gems into lesser quality gems.
But still the topic here is higher quality gems from boss fights.
Reply Quote
This would be cool, though they would have to add more gem sinks to compensate (more crafting recipes using higher level gems?)
Reply Quote
That s fantastic, i would also love to see increased legendary drop for boss fight.
Reply Quote
Solving two problems there Fegelein. More gold sink, better crafting. Make it so you can trade and sell them or make more legendary crafting recipes that require a gem, and let more crafted legendaries be put into the market, Wide range of stats possible and more legendaries.

But yeah, more thoughts on High tiers of gems dropping from boss fights... in inferno?
Reply Quote
I propose you just make higher tier gems legendary

that way you have a small chance to always find them.
Reply Quote
@toast: With that status they would need higher stats, or more than one stat. or both.
Reply Quote
View profile
"If star ever fall from the sky, it will be shattered into pieces"

star falls, anything under that is useless, no need to upgrade jeweler because you can find them.
radiant square falls, anything under that is useless, no one will pick lower gems

do you pick up square gems in inferno? no right? they were removed from dropping because no one wants to pick them up. Adding perfect square to drop = remove flawless square from inferno.
Reply Quote
No no no, if gems up to a perfect star could drop from a boss fight, the other gems wont fall. The percentage the gem has to fall must not be too great or else, yes, there would be no point to lower quality gems dropping. But for those that still just farm through acts it wouldnt be a problem, and besides, we arent talking about 3 or 4 stars dropping from a boss fight, only 1 every 5 or 6 runs maybe.
Reply Quote

star falls, anything under that is useless, no need to upgrade jeweler because you can find them.
radiant square falls, anything under that is useless, no one will pick lower gems

do you pick up square gems in inferno? no right? they were removed from dropping because no one wants to pick them up. Adding perfect square to drop = remove flawless square from inferno.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]