Diablo® III

Reasonable DPS to aim for...

Mugsy, what have you been doing?
You have leveled two chars to 60 with ok gear and are stuck at act 1/2 hell?
You should be able to sleepwalk to Inferno with both at MP10. Easily.
For Inferno I'd stack a bit more all resist though.

I was only ever planning to finish Hell (that would be finishing the campaign 15 times), thus the heavy grinding in early hell so I can do this last bit with the lvl60 build/gear I want. The question was mainly to gauge whether I want to go through with playing Inferno.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
I think 40k dps is more than enough to finish Inferno, but it’s not always about raw dps. I would say that your Barbarian and Wizard are both geared and specced well enough for the task, but it’s possible that your skills could be better tuned to sync with your play-style. That’s a call only you could make, though.

Earlier this month we highlighted some helpful hints from fellow Nephalem that you may find helpful, and those can be found here.
Reply Quote
02/19/2013 11:13 PMPosted by Grimiku
finish Inferno

I suppose you are referring to MP 0....
Reply Quote
I think I had barly 20k when I first started inferno on monk MP0, now tho MP 6-10 130k+ DPS build and 80k Tank build.
Reply Quote
30,000 is fine. My Wizard had that much getting cheap upgrades from the AH at the very start of Inferno, and I was able to clear to A3 no problem.
Reply Quote
Will 40k dps do it?

For inferno, mp0. That's more than enough. I beat it with about 20k dps before they nerfed inferno. Once you get past act2, and manage to kill belliel, everything beyond is a walk in the park.
Reply Quote
Reply Quote
just to finish it like 15k dps is more than enough, did it with 13k dps on hardcore monk..
Reply Quote
40k is plenty, I'm cakewalking through MP3 with 55k DPS on my monk. You're gonna want some lifesteal, resists, armor, and vitality though if you don't want to be dying.

You can put together a gear set to do MP1 or 2 with just over 1 million gold. My barb and monk aren't uber geared or anything and they both do MP2 or 3 really easy.
Reply Quote
30k for me, if I remember well.
Reply Quote
Mugsy, what have you been doing?
You have leveled two chars to 60 with ok gear and are stuck at act 1/2 hell?
You should be able to sleepwalk to Inferno with both at MP10. Easily.
For Inferno I'd stack a bit more all resist though.

I was only ever planning to finish Hell (that would be finishing the campaign 15 times), thus the heavy grinding in early hell so I can do this last bit with the lvl60 build/gear I want. The question was mainly to gauge whether I want to go through with playing Inferno.

This. Made me laugh.
Reply Quote
Some of us are stubborn and keep doing things until they finish what they start. I just happen to also not like devoting myself to things that I know I'm not going to finish.
Reply Quote
I beat inferno with 25k-ish dps and all the defense you can get from self-found gear and minimal grind.

I did need a very defensive variation of my build to kill Diablo though.

Nowadays with the crafting recipes, I think that if you farm a bit and craft one or two items you will be fine.
Edited by vexorian#1817 on 2/20/2013 1:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 01:47 PMPosted by Zyron
if they're gamers or casuals
Casuals are gamers.

Last time a CM's profile was revealed, the character was harassed in game ad nauseum.

So, no, you can't see their profiles. Because terrible people ruin everything.
Edited by vexorian#1817 on 2/20/2013 1:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
I beat diablo with a stick.
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 12:07 AMPosted by Veda
I suppose you are referring to MP 0....
I deduce you found this out after noticing that was what the OP the blue responded to was talking about.
Reply Quote
MP0: I think i had around 30k DPS, and maybe 25k health and 500+ resists... when I finished inferno with my DH.

If you have low DPS, stack vitality and resists. Will take longer, but you'll survive easier.
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 08:08 PMPosted by War
well 70k should do, as long as you can survive .

are you serious? lol.
I was farming inferno, long time ago, with 8k DPS on my mf gear.

If you're not STEAMROLLING it with, say, 40k DPS, you have a terrible build/no clue what you're doing.
Reply Quote
View profile
I beat inferno back in 1.03 with just under 20k DPS
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]