Diablo® III

Phat's budget Double Nado and Gear Reference

View profile
Put together a barb set a few days ago after not playing him for months. I can handle MP10 fine with very few deaths (maybe once every few runs) and perma-wrath without issue. With my DPS though, elites take too long. Play for fun, not necessarily for max efficiency.

I know lots of people use overpower-killing spree, but it seems to me the 35% damage reduction from crushing advance is way more useful than the 10 CC. Seems to me I could get 10% cc equivalent dps much easier than 35% damage reduction.

Any suggestions on upgrade path?

You need 30-60 avg damage on all your jewelry. You also need to start stacking more str which will come from chest, boots, ring, ammy.

IMO, you should aim to gear so that you don't need any defensive active skills. OPCA is a crutch for playing too high MP for your gear. Just use OPKS, drop the MP and kill things faster. If you think getting 10cc on gear is easy, you must find good deals on AH cuz it ain't cheap.
View profile
03/25/2013 03:01 PMPosted by CROWMIOUS
Hey Phat I had a question regarding my weapons. I look at my MH and I know it doesn't have any crit dmg (before socketed) but the str and overall dmg on it isnt that bad. if I were to say put a ruby in it and increase its dmg and then buy a better offhand EF would that be pretty darned effective or do i just need a completely new set of weps? also any advice on my gear overall would be greatly appreciated (have about 200m to upgrade)

only non black damage MH i would consider is mace with holy damage and bonus v elites. I can't remember the name but its a legendary. If you use an SOJ, might as well maximize the dps by getting a black damage.

Ruby in the MH works fairly well for double nado builds but it's not good for hota. If you intend to go back and forth between builds, green is probably better. You should learn to use d3rawr.com/d and see exactly the difference between red and green for fully buffed tdps v elites.
^Sunkeeper
You need 30-60 avg damage on all your jewelry. You also need to start stacking more str which will come from chest, boots, ring, ammy.

IMO, you should aim to gear so that you don't need any defensive active skills. OPCA is a crutch for playing too high MP for your gear. Just use OPKS, drop the MP and kill things faster. If you think getting 10cc on gear is easy, you must find good deals on AH cuz it ain't cheap.

Thanks for the advice. Will start looking to stack STR and avg damage. Should I stick with BT chest / pants, IK boots, or is it time to move to IK chest, inna pants, and ice climbers?
IK chest would be a better choice for the set bonus and extra armor

You should spend more of your budget on 1 piece and upgrade individually as you progress. This makes your total cost of gearing cheaper overall.

Also consider crafting. Its a cheap way to gear up your character.
Thanks for the advice. Will start looking to stack STR and avg damage. Should I stick with BT chest / pants, IK boots, or is it time to move to IK chest, inna pants, and ice climbers?

The inna's pants route is not for everyone. It is pretty much a gearing commitment. You lose a lot of EHP stats to inna's and it should be coupled with nice IC's as you stated. Just keep in mind, once you make this decision, there switching it to any other type of combo (i.e. rare bracers vs lacuni's) pretty much is out of the picture lol
Returning to play a bit of D3 after a couple months of hiatus (I stopped before MP and legendaries/sets were common, so my gear may seem out of date....played some HC these past 2 weeks)

After following this thread for a bit, I think I want to regear my SC Barb and start playing again. I like the strat of using EF OH to boost APS and cold SoJ to slow enemies.

Approx how much gold is needed to farm higher MPs comfortably? How much is needed for MP7? MP10? Luckily I kept some gold/gems around so I have almost 300 mil to work with. I was just checking out my gear and I think everything besides my shoulders needs an upgrade.
03/26/2013 02:10 PMPosted by Caerulus
Approx how much gold is needed to farm higher MPs comfortably? How much is needed for MP7? MP10? Luckily I kept some gold/gems around so I have almost 300 mil to work with.

These questions are very loaded as the definition of "farm" varies from person to person. If by farm you mean killing all trash mobs and elites in less than 1 minute, then the 300 million might get you to a point to comfortably farm MP 6 or 7...maybe 8 if you get everything on bid and are very patient. You would be able to probably play in higher MPs but I'm not sure about the viability of "farming".

Also I am assuming that you are speaking directly in terms of a a ww/rltw build and not Hota/Rend. I am unsure on the gear costs for Hota/Rend so can't really give any advice there.

Right now I farm MP 9 and I probably have almost a few billion in gear on me.
Edited by Pri#1584 on 3/26/2013 2:24 PM PDT
03/26/2013 02:23 PMPosted by Pri
Approx how much gold is needed to farm higher MPs comfortably? How much is needed for MP7? MP10? Luckily I kept some gold/gems around so I have almost 300 mil to work with.

These questions are very loaded as the definition of "farm" is very different. If by farm you mean killing all trash mobs and elites in less than 1 minute, then the 300 million might get you to a point to comfortably farm MP 6 or 7...maybe 8 if you get everything on bid and are very patient. You would be able to probably play in higher MPs but I'm not sure about the viability of "farming".

Also I am assuming that you are speaking directly in terms of a a ww/rltw build and not Hota/Rend. I am unsure on the gear costs for Hota/Rend so can't really give any advice there.

Right now I farm MP 9 and I probably have almost a few billion in gear on me.

Ahhhh perhaps I should aim for MP 5 then....because I want to save some gold for HC. I dont have to be SUPER efficient or fast, but I would like to kill relatively quickly/stress free. And Yes, I am talking about Double tornado.
View profile
You should look at other builds for lower cost higher mp farm. double nado is still fastest alkaizers, but alk runs aren't the only game in town nowadays.
03/26/2013 02:37 PMPosted by PhatPhoEater
You should look at other builds for lower cost higher mp farm. double nado is still fastest alkaizers, but alk runs aren't the only game in town nowadays.

I like how double tornado plays =)

Been a fan of it since its conception
Man not getting AR Lacunis makes my life harder with upgrading gloves...

Too late to change now?
Man not getting AR Lacunis makes my life harder with upgrading gloves...

Too late to change now?

Never too late to change. That being said, however, it will be more expensive now. Something simple like the ones I'm wearing now will cost you a fortune. I think I got these for like 120 mil or something...but I'm extremely cheap and will wait and wait and wait for a deal lol.

Hell even 120 mil sounds high...maybe I paid even less than that.
Never too late to change. That being said, however, it will be more expensive now. Something simple like the ones I'm wearing now will cost you a fortune. I think I got these for like 120 mil or something...but I'm extremely cheap and will wait and wait and wait for a deal lol.

Hell even 120 mil sounds high...maybe I paid even less than that.

Ya i guess,,, unless I downgrade to 4.5% cc, but I kind of don't want to do that lol. I was thinking about switching to the WH route and get AR IK gloves, but I forgot I had AR on my gloves and not lacunis.

Don't want to lose that 70 res on IK belt.

Btw I lost the bid for that mace from last night :(
So I did some calculations and its not worth spending so much gold changing my setup lol.
500 AR is fine and you should be able to farm MP8 with it.

Anything higher and you need gear in the billions.
got my barb to this point, have about 150m budget and im really not sure where to go from here..what to upgrade next etc. i should get an EF but anything that seems like an upgrade are all 500m + any suggestions?
View profile
04/13/2013 09:03 PMPosted by Chef
got my barb to this point, have about 150m budget and im really not sure where to go from here..what to upgrade next etc. i should get an EF but anything that seems like an upgrade are all 500m + any suggestions?

I would first think about what you are trying to farm before spending more gold. This looks like a set built for mp10 trash farm. Without an SOJ and not even hitting 2.0/2.5 aps will give poor tdps v elites. Along the same lines, using warcry:impunity is a crutch and basically says you play too high MP or your ehp isn't good enough.

Permawrath is a major component of any successful high MP fast farm build. Insanity works for crypt farm i guess.

I wont bother calculating your tdps since youre not even hitting proper breakpoints and your MH damage is so low. I would advise you start learning how to use d3rawr first then answer what kind of farm you want to achieve. Then you can focus on hitting breakpoints and fixing your IAS/weapons.
am I building right for this? When I use an SoJ it only boosts my tdps vs elites by 76k, in place of my hellfire ring. I don't know how else to boost it up, nor the build to do higher mp's elites/uber killing. I have a 200m budget left.
View profile
Its more useful to look at % changes in tdps. I assume that is a fully buffed tdps. Thats the only thing that really matters.

50k hp might be a bit sketchy. I assume you use a vit gem for ubers which would help, but probably not enough to get you to 60k. I would craft more shoulders for a life% roll you have plenty of vit but not enough life%. you have a big chunk of hp on weapons which you want to replace so you can upgrade in the future.

edit: post follow up questions here http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8505050420
Edited by PhatPhoEater#1370 on 4/19/2013 12:25 PM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]