Diablo® III

Phat's budget Double Nado and Gear Reference

Ive been a throw barb since 1.04. I have finally decided to join the spinning masses!! I would love some input on which way to go.
02/20/2013 03:11 PMPosted by sLoTh
Bought a new mace now it gave me 2k dps and some life on hit!

P.S. I hope that was a black damage mace. elemental damage effects the damage % an SoJ provides in a negative way. Always look for black damage maces with high average damage, cd, socket and strength.
Yep black dmg, only dmg% on it
02/20/2013 03:13 PMPosted by AlRodrarian
Ive been a throw barb since 1.04. I have finally decided to join the spinning masses!! I would love some input on which way to go.

I only see 19.5% crit chance on gear unless i missed something. Ditch the hellfire until you can craft one with crit chance. You need to get your crit on gear to at least 28% for "easy" whirlwinding...

Look into crit lacunis as well. I know they aren't cheap, but might be your next logical step. Once you get the right amount of crit, focus on getting your Movement speed up by another 12%. My guess for you would be MS iceclimbers as your pants hold a crazy amount of EHP. With MS iceclimbers, try and get a high % life roll as well as a good AR roll. Getting one with vit and ms will probably break your bank.

If you don't like the idea of switching out your IC's, You could go the inna's pants route, but it would probably require some considerable regearing.

You can also dump the ICs completely and go with high vit IK boots.

Lots of options...

EDIT: Clarified crit chance...not crit damage.
Edited by Pri#1584 on 2/20/2013 3:22 PM PST
02/20/2013 03:15 PMPosted by Pri
Bought a new mace now it gave me 2k dps and some life on hit!

P.S. I hope that was a black damage mace. elemental damage effects the damage % an SoJ provides in a negative way. Always look for black damage maces with high average damage, cd, socket and strength.

The weapon should show in the Profile now.... and the rings would come soon.... Dont know if should always go with SOJ or low MP dont need? AR on the WH is a longtime thinking its very expensive here hehe but for sure it would be awsome! Could always try crafting more amus but the one i got now seems to good to be tru already hehe
I don't really use skype. :( My headset sucks butt lol.

LOL! I always use my durable apple earphones. They suck, but at least they work.

02/20/2013 03:13 PMPosted by AlRodrarian

Welcome to the dark side.
02/20/2013 03:21 PMPosted by sLoTh
Dont know if should always go with SOJ or low MP dont need?

If your gear can sustain it, always use an SoJ. If you are slapping mobs too quickly, raise the MP until you aren't...don't nerf your gear. With your stats I was farming MP4-5 no issues. I can farm mp 7 now and sometimes mess around in 8 for kicks...

I can handle MP10 no problemo, but wouldn't consider it "farming" due to speed issues.
Dont know if should always go with SOJ or low MP dont need?

If your gear can sustain it, always use an SoJ. If you are slapping mobs too quickly, raise the MP until you aren't...don't nerf your gear. With your stats I was farming MP4-5 no issues. I can farm mp 7 now and sometimes mess around in 8 for kicks...

I can handle MP10 no problemo, but wouldn't consider it "farming" due to speed issues.

Ye mp8 keyruns is absolutly no problem and was no problem with old weapons to! But for sure i want to get a better hold of the building.... Changed the Mempo for higher stre and ias 9 and same on for the lacunis you didnt like changeed for 90vit and 5cc and ais 9 :D

But okey i will still be building around the SOJ like you say,,, but should i go for Hellfire or a Unity with ALL res av dmg and stre or Normal ring with Av dmg All res 8AS 4.5cc Or maybe the one i got today a Unity with av dmg stre 4.5CC and 24% CD ?

My thinking is The Unity with All res tho my low ALL RES? Sell the other two rings and maybe start saving up for a new ECHO? new WH`? or should i go for mempo with crit? 300m :D
Edited by sLoTh#2519 on 2/20/2013 3:35 PM PST
Thank you for the prompt reply. Ill get to work.
02/20/2013 03:33 PMPosted by sLoTh
but should i go for Hellfire or a Unity with ALL res av dmg and stre or Normal ring with Av dmg All res 8AS 4.5cc Or maybe the one i got today a Unity with av dmg stre 4.5CC and 24% CD ?

Sounds like a personal problem. ;)

In all reality, if you can get a CC/CD unity with EHP stats, that will be the way to go. However, those are pricey as hell. You might want to look at an avg dam, cc, cd rare ring with whatever ehp stats you need to fill the gap of the unity. You have plenty of ias on your other pieces so the ias on the ring is definitely not needed.

Hellfires can be extremely promising, but once again depends on the extremely malicious RNG gods. Just depends on how much patience you have I guess.

But okey i will still be building around the SOJ like you say

SoJ is has the biggest tDPS modifier out of any jewelry in the game. You can feel free to not use this, but something tells me you won't be a happy camper without one equipped. :)
Sell the other two rings and maybe start saving up for a new ECHO? new WH`? or should i go for mempo with crit?

Mempo w/ crit should be your very last upgrade. The DPS gain you will receive from it is useless compared to other bonuses. If I were you I would concentrate on the WH and ring first.

Personally I think EHP should be the first thing you should sure up before anything.

You can look at my profile and tell that's what I did....hence the main hand weapon with no strength (LOL).
Just crafted my current ammy. So I now need one more slot of IAS to hit the 2.5 breakpoint.

Should i get it on my ring,lacunis or Witching Hour?

If witching hour i would need to upgrade one of my weapons to have LS but it gives me the biggest overall tdps boost.

Which would be the most economical?
Just crafted my current ammy. So I now need one more slot of IAS to hit the 2.5 breakpoint.

Should i get it on my ring,lacunis or Witching Hour?

If witching hour i would need to upgrade one of my weapons to have LS but it gives me the biggest overall tdps boost.

Which would be the most economical?

LS on weapons are extremely expensive. I would aim for all res lacunis with cc however those would cost way more than rings with atk speed.
02/20/2013 03:53 PMPosted by Pri
Sell the other two rings and maybe start saving up for a new ECHO? new WH`? or should i go for mempo with crit?

Mempo w/ crit should be your very last upgrade. The DPS gain you will receive from it is useless compared to other bonuses. If I were you I would concentrate on the WH and ring first.

Personally I think EHP should be the first thing you should sure up before anything.

You can look at my profile and tell that's what I did....hence the main hand weapon with no strength (LOL).

Hmm okey, just a quick question.. the EHP you speaking about all the time.... how do you even count that? What is it? HP is health that much i understand haha

I will run with the setup i have on now for a wile... sell the things i have on AH and maybe make a 30-100m for some shopping again :D

Thanks for the very much help ive gotten already, and like a said before if you want to ad on skype for chat/discussing things more easy your are welcome! Hince Blizzard dont want jankes and swedes to play togheter.... Or maybe they all are from canada... (canadian teams never let the swedish players from NHL come and play with sweden) but the canadian players can go....

GG anyway and if you check my barb in while you can give me wizz if its good improvements with the mace and the other things :D AND when i saw your shoulders i will now start crafting VIT shoulders, the one i have now was nr3 out of 40 tries hehe
02/20/2013 04:37 PMPosted by sLoTh
Hmm okey, just a quick question.. the EHP you speaking about all the time.... how do you even count that? What is it? HP is health that much i understand haha

eHP is effective hit points. All resist, dodge chance (dex), block %, and damage reduction are often factored into it along with HP.

02/20/2013 04:37 PMPosted by sLoTh
Hince Blizzard dont want jankes and swedes to play togheter.... Or maybe they all are from canada... (canadian teams never let the swedish players from NHL come and play with sweden) but the canadian players can go....

I am from Canada :(
02/20/2013 04:53 PMPosted by xxxkan

eHP is effective hit points. All resist, dodge chance (dex), block %, and damage reduction are often factored into it along with HP.

Hince Blizzard dont want jankes and swedes to play togheter.... Or maybe they all are from canada... (canadian teams never let the swedish players from NHL come and play with sweden) but the canadian players can go....

I am from Canada :(

Hehe thanks for the information and i dont hate you or anyone Else fr.o.m. Canada or us i was just saying i dont understand Why à big game cant be worldwide, if it means i have higher Ping when play its still My choice :) but maybe AH servers whould lag much more then now ^^
So sorry, I had my MF gear on when I logged out, not that my DPS gear are alot better... :p

I will get my DPS gear equipped now, if you guys can take a look again I would appreciate it!

02/20/2013 01:57 PMPosted by xxxkan
Definitely look for a new ring to replace the hellfire. Generally if you are using EF you should look for one with .24+ attacks per second and then accompany it by having 9/9/8/8 slots of atk speed, so that you can hit the 2.5 breakpoint buffed. Since yours is .23 you will need another slot of attack speed to hit that breakpoint. Another cheap upgrade that can be made would be the shoulders for sure.

I didn't realize what a big difference .23 and .24/5 made! I will get the Echo first recommended.

1) Craft shoulders of vitality. You should get an easy cheap upgrade to your current vile wards which stack absolutely no EHP benefits outside of the AR.

2) Those gloves are no bueno. Craft some gauntlets of strength. Something tells me you will get a very quick upgrade to those gloves.

3) Ditch that echoing fury and get one with LS and at least .24 APS bonuses. If you can afford it get it with a socket or some bonus CD as well. This will get you to the 2.5 breakpoint in wrath which will increase your tDPS.

1) I crafted around 20 VIT shoulders, but no dice. I will keep trying though.
2) Once I craft a good amulet and shoulder I will craft the gloves, or should I craft the gloves first?
3) Both of you made the same suggestion, so I will aim for a new Echo now.
1) I crafted around 20 VIT shoulders, but no dice. I will keep trying though.
2) Once I craft a good amulet and shoulder I will craft the gloves, or should I craft the gloves first?
3) Both of you made the same suggestion, so I will aim for a new Echo now.

Personally I think the shoulders will make a larger difference whereas the gloves might take a fair bit of time to make. I still find it hard to get 2 dps modifiers on gloves maybe cause my luck sucks lol. As I said though, you can always buy a cheap substitute to temporarily replace your shoulders/gloves.
02/20/2013 05:52 PMPosted by xxxkan
Personally I think the shoulders will make a larger difference whereas the gloves might take a fair bit of time to make. I still find it hard to get 2 dps modifiers on gloves maybe cause my luck sucks lol. As I said though, you can always buy a cheap substitute to temporarily replace your shoulders/gloves.

I just looked on the AH and getting an Echo with .24-5 AS, life steal and socket/CD would almost use up all my $20m. Will keep looking though.

Thanks!
Just returned to the game and built this starter WW set, kinda overwhelmed at all the changes that have happened since launch. Any advice about what direction I should be looking in terms of upgrades? Was thinking about a starter IK chest next.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]