Diablo® III

Phat's budget Double Nado and Gear Reference

Thanks a lot xxxkan for the analysis.
I made some changes accordingly, added the pants and overpower skill.
I keep hellfire because i am actually running mp 10 solo for para. leveling
The weapons are not ideal. However, I don't feel like spending several hundred millions on them for now.
02/21/2013 01:11 PMPosted by ScratchNsnif
I am just wondering how many more slots of IAS do I need to stack to get back to the same level as the .24+ aps from my EF?

With your current weapon selection there would be no way to do it unless you stacked 36% additional IAS or for slots of 9 to hit 2.5 in wrath. If you got a base axe with 1.3 aps you would need 3 slots of 8 to cover the loss. Fact is that the EF is the single biggest APS boost for DW barbs. You are probably going to have to go with some sort of axe/dagger combo...but I don't really like that build so wouldn't feel right advising towards that.

Fear proc from EF can be managed if you get a low fear proc EF combined with a cold SoJ. Also, gearing the scoundrel with a freeze build also helps a lot. Consider these before regearing.

02/21/2013 01:21 PMPosted by sLoTh
@Pri can you please check the new mace and then tell me if its a okey mace...

Black mace with other bonuses. Perfectly fine. Ultimately want to move to a str/cd/socket one...but yeah I don't see a functional issue with it.

Next step is to craft new high vit shoulders and then change the WH for a ALL res one

These would be my logical next steps with your current barbarian.
@Pri can you please check the new mace and then tell me if its a okey mace...

Black mace with other bonuses. Perfectly fine. Ultimately want to move to a str/cd/socket one...but yeah I don't see a functional issue with it.

Next step is to craft new high vit shoulders and then change the WH for a ALL res one

These would be my logical next steps with your current barbarian.[/quote]

Hmm iam looking right now and its not cheap.... All res 50 and 80 stre, AIS 8 CD 48 is 100m....
02/21/2013 02:28 PMPosted by sLoTh
Hmm iam looking right now and its not cheap.... All res 50 and 80 stre, AIS 8 CD 48 is 100m....

Who said anything about it being cheap...I just said it was the next logical step. ;)
02/21/2013 02:31 PMPosted by Pri

Who said anything about it being cheap...I just said it was the next logical step. ;)

True, but i will loose DPS but gain All res... i am looking for oppertunitys... lacuni all res, and Ik gloves all res... but the gloves iam havning a hard time with... maybe better with IK helm ALL res and go with crafted gloves instead......

Thing is that i have VIT on both gloves and LACunis and that makes it more expesive.... Maybe i will look for a WH with Stre and VIT instead... or that might be a hit on the balls later...
@Pri ITs done 100m on the WH i have now 74 all res 94in 109stre AIS 8 and 38 CD so my gues now its CD boost i need hehe

It was just out for 100m every WH with 100stre and over 65 all res was 150m++ so i hope it was a good choice hehe
Edited by sLoTh#2519 on 2/21/2013 2:48 PM PST
Quick question, do both weapons need to reach the 2.5 breakpoint? or just off hand?
02/21/2013 02:50 PMPosted by Youngster
Quick question, do both weapons need to reach the 2.5 breakpoint? or just off hand?

both
Thanks a lot xxxkan for the analysis.
I made some changes accordingly, added the pants and overpower skill.
I keep hellfire because i am actually running mp 10 solo for para. leveling
The weapons are not ideal. However, I don't feel like spending several hundred millions on them for now.

Like you mentioned, the weapons are not ideal. Your cc is really low right now (37.5%) with sword. I don't know how you are doing with that low cc, but I guess its possible to pull it off. If I remember clearly there was a post mentioning when a sword mainhand is better than an axe/mace. Cold SoJ is the single best tdps ring, so please consider it.

Cheapest upgrade I see right now would probably be lacunis with all resist then you can consider dropping the trifecta for the soj.

Lastly you might want to try crafting some vit shoulders as they can roll some insane stats (check pri for example).
02/21/2013 02:47 PMPosted by sLoTh
@Pri ITs done 100m on the WH i have now 74 all res 94in 109stre AIS 8 and 38 CD so my gues now its CD boost i need hehe

You're not much for patience are you? LOL. EHP is huge man. Balancing vit and ar is a difficult thing. The reason i suggested an AR belt for you is because your old belt would lose no vit and you only could GAIN ehp stats. Make sure when you are gearing that you don't replace one ehp stat for another. If you do this, you will never make true improvements to your barb, but rather be stuck in a juggling act.

02/21/2013 02:50 PMPosted by Youngster

Last weapon swung. That's why a mace with ef is nice because you never have to worry about that because both APS ends up the same....yet another reason i'm not a fan of non-ef dual builds.
02/21/2013 02:59 PMPosted by xxxkan
If I remember clearly there was a post mentioning when a sword mainhand is better than an axe/mace.

Something tells me that you would have to rock serious crit on gear for this to be a feasability OR not really give two poops about crit procs. I can't imagine forgoing a free 10% crit in any ww barb build...

I would like to see the argument whoever this person is made for this claim.
Edited by Pri#1584 on 2/21/2013 3:13 PM PST
02/21/2013 03:09 PMPosted by Pri
If I remember clearly there was a post mentioning when a sword mainhand is better than an axe/mace.

Something tells me that you would have to rock serious crit on gear for this to be a feasability OR not really give two poops about crit procs. I can't imagine forgoing a free 10% crit in any ww barb...

I would like to see the argument whoever this person is made for this claim.

You remember uberjager? He was using a sword at like 40.5% cc or something lol.

Let me try and find the argument
Found it! Post was by Celanian http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7350635800#1

Its depends on your crit damage.
02/21/2013 03:11 PMPosted by xxxkan
He was using a sword at like 40.5% cc

Well that might make sense. 15% flat damage would be strong if you already sustaining the required crit levels for good ww sustain procs.

Don't worry about digging up...I am curious, however, if this can be done WITH an SoJ...something tells me your barbarians wallet and shoelaces would have to hold some crit chance in order for it to be truly feasible.
"Note that this is for damage only. For procs on certain barb skills, the higher CC might be better regardless of damage."

HA! I knew there would be a disclaimer. He was speaking to raw damage and not functionality...

I don't really care to own a Ferrari with no seats or engine, personally... lol

Interesting argument though...
02/21/2013 03:17 PMPosted by Pri
"Note that this is for damage only. For procs on certain barb skills, the higher CC might be better regardless of damage."

I didn't even notice that lol.

Oh well, my bad.

Axe/Mace + EF group hug!?
could you look at my barb and tell me what he needs next? i have around 100mil to spend

gride#1882
Edited by Gride#1882 on 2/21/2013 5:34 PM PST

Well that might make sense. 15% flat damage would be strong if you already sustaining the required crit levels for good ww sustain procs.

Don't worry about digging up...I am curious, however, if this can be done WITH an SoJ...something tells me your barbarians wallet and shoelaces would have to hold some crit chance in order for it to be truly feasible.

Sword MH is not as good as it sounds. First, the biggest problem is they're incredibly expensive to get even close to a comparable damage range vs axe or mace. Second, the sword bonus isn't a flat 15%... it's multiplicative with other % modifiers (like battle rage, brawler). Third, you have to remember that 10% crit is going to be more than a 10% damage boost depending on your crit damage. Most barbarians run 350-450 CD which makes 10% crit closer to 20% more damage (with no multiplicative DR unlike the sword bonus).

Honestly, the biggest problem I have with sword spec is the first one. To get a sword with comparable damage range to my MH mace I'd be looking at having to buy a sword with about 1300 dps.
could you look at my barb and tell me what he needs next? i have around 100mil to spend

gride#1882

I didn't math out your breakpoints but it looks like you have too much IAS. Even if you don't, amulet is the absolute worst place to get IAS. I'd say get a different amulet with CC/CD instead. The problem with getting IAS on an amulet (unless you're buying a nice trifecta) is that you get no extra IAS vs getting it on a ring (ring and amulet both only roll up to 9 IAS) BUT you do give up CC/CD by not getting it on your amulet vs having IAS on a ring instead (rings roll up to 6cc, 50 CD, 9 IAS and amulets can roll 10CC, 100CD, and 9 IAS).

gride#1882

EHP is your major issue. The vit gems in gear tell me that immediately.

Like Dan said, you are overstacked on IAS...however that is the least of your worries for now. I would focus on getting your core health pieces together.

Since you are going the inna's pants route, your core health pieces are your shoulders, chest, belt and shoes. First off, those are the worst Ice Climbers money can buy. The reason that non MS IC's are used by a lot of barbs is the boost in EHP. Look for 300+ stats on those boots. That means if you add your STR and VIT numbers together it should be more than 300. In your case I would definitely focus on getting ones with the most vit you can get and of course the % life modifier.

Inna's pants. There are lots of opinions on which inna pants to go with. Personally i think the only ones that give a true valuable EHP boost are the high vit/dex brand of inna's. If you decide you want to keep the strength roll, at least get the str/dex/vit roll and get some sort of EHP value out of your pants.

Necklace: Start crafting ammy's of strength. Lucky for you your gloves and shoulders are fine for now. You can make small improvements there, but those can come later. You need Str, Crit chance and Crit damage as priority on that ammy. EHP bonuses such as AR and Vit are very good bonuses to have. I would suggest crafting because you have a great chance at easily upgrading easily.

Weapons: Personally I am not a fan of your weapons selection. That EF is not a good candidate for a MH weapon. Two real reasons: average damage is low and no SoJ. The average damage of your mainhand weapon determines the tDPS of your tornadoes dropped by RLTW. You want this to be as high as possible. The second issue with this MH selection is that you don't have a cold SoJ too slow the feared mobs. Your tDPS goes down as mobs run away from you or out of your tornadoes. Once you sacrifice some attack speed and switch it for crit, you should be able to sustain a cold SoJ.

Consider moving to an offhand EF and a main hand black damage mace. Your paper dps might look a bit meh to you, but I promise your tDPS will jump. If you do go offhand EF, consider getting a LS so you can avoid the BT passive. If you don't want to invest in an LS one quite yet, consider just getting a regular black damage mace as a main hand. i'm not a big fan of that ef because it doesn't have .24 aps or greater, but that can be over come due to your extra IAS.

Breakpoint/IAS:
You are definitely overstacked by a bit on IAS. However, since you only have a .23 EF, you will have to stack a bit extra to hit your 2.5 bp in wrath. Lose the IAS on the neck and stack CC and CD there. if you switch that ef to your off hand, and look for a black damage, socket, str, CD main hand, you can switch that EF to your off hand and switch to BT passive. This will give you 2.23 aps unbuffed and 2.58 buffed. If you choose to keep your sword, You can still lose the IAS on your neck with no fear. You will still hit your 2.5 bp...just know...I'm not recommending that. Your goal should be to move to a .24 EF and stack two pieces with 9% and two pieces with 8% IAS (9/9/8/8). That will give you more flexibility with crit damage and crit chance...and eventually lead you to the SoJ.

SoJ:
In order to get to an SoJ get your crit on gear to 28% minimum with ONE RING OFF. That is the only way your fury engine will work comfortably. Definitely get an SoJ, when you can hit those crit goals as it is the best tDPS vs Elites modifier in the game.

Cheers and good luck...
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]