Diablo® III

Phat's budget Double Nado and Gear Reference

ok thanks for the info... looks like ill have to save a ton more gold if i gotta get that much gear :P
ill start working on him... with this 100mil im gonna look for a nice black dmg mace like you said.
appreciate the advice!
ok thanks for the info... looks like ill have to save a ton more gold if i gotta get that much gear :P
ill start working on him... with this 100mil im gonna look for a nice black dmg mace like you said.
appreciate the advice!

I would try and get better IC's as a priority as well. Look for deals on both and get whatever find first...
the reason i went with the amythests was a barb told me to hit 55k life and 6k armor and i would be able to survive the higher mp lvls. its so hard to get a good build with all the conflicting advice in pubs haha. youd be sick at all the gold ive spent and diffrent gear and builds ive tried ><
Edited by Gride#1882 on 2/21/2013 7:00 PM PST
02/21/2013 06:56 PMPosted by Gride
55k life and 6k armor

That's not bad advice, but doing it with Amethysts is a short term solution. Not saying your short term fix was wrong, but in the long run, gearing with strong EHP will allow you to switch those gems to STR and more DPS.
Hey Pri,

I've previously asked Phat for advice on several occasions, and in the long run am looking to emulate his barb setup (able to sail through MP6, or do MP7/8 for a challenge) in a cost efficient way. Currently doing MP5, although it's more of a steady pace than sailing.

Would like your input on the following:
1) Have a look at my gear and tell me if you spot any major/severe concerns. To save you some time with d3rawrs currently dodgy state, with full buffs (wotb/opks/br) I'm at the 2.5aps breakpoint / 70%cc / 1.2mil tdps / EHP is around 500k / 600k with dodge

2) I'm at the stage where my next few upgrades would be either:
- chest (IK) & belt (IK) for more EHP
- high vit Inna's with Ice climbers (together, so that i stay at 24% MS).
Anyways, choosing between the 2 IK upgrades or the Inna's/IC, which combo would I be better off upgrading 1st? I'm leaving my ring and gloves upgrades for after that (since the IAS from Inna's would mean dropping it on gloves or ring without losing the 2.5 break-point).

3) Accordingly to your answer to 1 & 2 above, could you give a very general guideline for the price tiers and stats to aim for when shopping for said items? I don't want to get something that's more of a side-grade, and overpaying is not something I can afford to do :P

Obviously I'm also trying out BOA crafting to get better amy/gloves/shoulders on the side as well. Current budget of around 350 million gold (maybe more, depending on how sales go over the coming weekend).
02/21/2013 07:40 PMPosted by minori
1) Have a look at my gear and tell me if you spot any major/severe concerns.

I don't really see any glaring issues. Trifecta gloves seem like a quick solution to some extra damage.

) I'm at the stage where my next few upgrades would be either:
- chest (IK) & belt (IK) for more EHP
- high vit Inna's with Ice climbers (together, so that i stay at 24% MS).

From what I see in your gear, I feel like all of these options seem to be a huge shuffle game. I feel like net you will come up with a little extra strength net.

Current - Str/Vit/Ar
Chest - 66/212/70
Pants - 82/221/72
Boots - 92/144/80
IK Bonus 60 AR

Stats - 240/577/282

Proposed - Str/Vit/Ar
IK Chest - 175/200/75 <-- Pricey even with these stats
Pants - 0/175/0 <-- dex/vit inna's
Boots - 195/130/73 <-- Pricey as hell as well
IK Bonus - 60 AR
Life bonus (IC) - 10%

Stats - 370/505/208
10% life would give you additional EHP on top of this...

From what I am seeing, this shuffle wouldn't really do you a whole lot of good. The fact that you already have 24 MS and the fact that you will lose AR switching to high vit inna's you are basically trading EHP stats. I'm not sure if this is a good idea.

The one thing that I didn't really account for is that pushing IAS (9%) to your inna pants would free up the IAS on your left hand ring to to stack crit damage instead of IAS on your current MH ring.

Technically, you could achieve the same thing by switching your IK to a all res witching hour and moving to a BT passive.

I feel like if you do the options you are suggesting, You really wouldn't gain much from an EHP perspective. If you just switch out the chest for an IK chest (decent roll) you should get a base DPS and EHP buff.

I would also consider looking at moving to a BT passive and going to WH if you are interested in a dps buff. If you can afford it, a vit/ar wh would be really nice for you.

I think that switching all of the pieces you mentioned wouldn't result in as much of a benefit as you think it would.
LOL! Yea, it's quite a huge shuffle. I'm basically redoing my entire gear-set, but doing it over time instead of selling the entire thing and buying a new one. The benefit of such a shuffle (aside from any increase in stats/EHP) is basically (as you've summed up) freedom:

- To swap around the 3rd passive slot anytime (between tough as nails/BT/no escape/brawler).
- To drop IAS and add CD to the MH ring.

I've been reluctant to use a WH (all this while) due to my reluctance to lock my 3rd passive slot to BT, and also due to IK belts offering reassuring amounts of EHP for (relatively) good value.

That said..I know WH prices have dropped a tonne since 1.05, what would you expect to spend for a WH with AR/vit, and roughly what minimum stats would you look for? If prices are really that attractive, then maybe I need to re-evaluate the cost of such freedom and my decision to keep paying for it :P

I know that an IK chest is going to be pricey (*gulp*), how much did yours cost? :D
ok guys, I just "upgraded" from a 1100dps (no crit damage, no ls) offhand echoing fury to a 780 dps 3% life steal echoing fury. my tDPS actually dropped from 1.04m to 1.01m so the offhand dps does matter a bit! I got 2.5/2.5 in wrath still.

I just tested out my new 8.9% life steal with 850k EHP and mp9 was pretty easy :)
The only next logic step for me is to up my tDPS. What do you guys think is the best way for me to do this? I'm working on crafting a better amulet now (made about 50 with no double crit yet).

thanks for this thread and help!
02/22/2013 12:08 AMPosted by minori
what would you expect to spend for a WH with AR/vit, and roughly what minimum stats would you look for?

Unsure with current market. I am trying to upgrade mine as well to a higher strength one but they are pricey and pretty hard to find.

02/22/2013 12:08 AMPosted by minori
I know that an IK chest is going to be pricey (*gulp*), how much did yours cost? :D

I got mine a long while ago on bid...i think it was int he 200 mil range...and at the time I was getting pretty good deal. My guess now my chest would be in the 300 mil range...but who knows.
I just tested out my new 8.9% life steal with 850k EHP and mp9 was pretty easy :)
The only next logic step for me is to up my tDPS. What do you guys think is the best way for me to do this? I'm working on crafting a better amulet now (made about 50 with no double crit yet).

For experiment's sake, you should try dropping the BT passive and swapping it for Beserker Rage (just as a test for me if you don't mind). Because you have a pretty good amount of IAS stacked over crit damage I'm guessing your fury probably just stays full. I wonder if the extra 25% damage would put you over the DPS edge to where you wouldn't need 3 slots of LS. Just a theory...but you would have to test it for me. ;) << Short term solution for a quick DPS boost.

If you don't mind keeping the BT passive, consider moving to a witching hour belt. It would give you more CD and take the IAS slot off of your ring for a CD/CC roll instead. That is probably you next big DPS move.

Craft shoulders of vitality. You should get an upgrade with a reasonable amount of tries.
To the top.
im having difficulty with this build, can you make a vid of yourself playing or can you show me ingame?
View profile
Holy cow. Good job keeping this going. I was away for the past week but am back.
Hi. Just wanted to say that this thread has been very helpful. Thanks.

Any advice on upgrades for my current gear? Lucked out on a legendary drop and I have around 250m for upgrades. Thanks in advance.
Hey guys i'm looking for advice on a low budget build around 10-15mill. I just need some advice to make sure im moving in the right direction. Thanks.
View profile
Was Phat going to make a new one, or is this one gonna be the new thread?
i have low survivability - i was looking at your gear and you only have one source of life steal @ 2.8%, i have a total of 6% and im getting rocked at mid MP levels, here are more stats:

88k dmg unbuffed
4900 armor
1791 str
708 vit
37k life
48% crit c
462% crit dmg
Holy cow. Good job keeping this going. I was away for the past week but am back.

Welcome Back!!

02/23/2013 07:12 AMPosted by RagingKoala

Need to ask Phat on that lol
View profile
ALV
Hi. Just wanted to say that this thread has been very helpful. Thanks.

Any advice on upgrades for my current gear? Lucked out on a legendary drop and I have around 250m for upgrades. Thanks in advance.

I like your set. Easy upgrades are trifecta gloves, OH cold non barb SOJ, 100m MH like I describe in post #3, EF like yours but no vit and nl str and socket. You can decide if you want to keep LS there or not. LS on weapon allows for skill diversity but you lose some dps since you arent stacking crit damage. This can be remedied by a very expensive witching hour with vit/AR.

You also might want to get rare shoulders with bigger str roll and same stats +life%. Without +armor, these shoulders are incredibly cheap now. I just searched and found a pair with 65AR and same stats as my shoulders without armor for 4m. Then you can craft your brains out.

SURREAL
Hey guys i'm looking for advice on a low budget build around 10-15mill. I just need some advice to make sure im moving in the right direction. Thanks.

My female barb is a good template. A couple modifications are necessary since the market has changed since I built that set. BT set isnt as cheap as it used to be. I prefer rare chest/pants with 230vit+ on each, 65AR+, 2/3 sockets and however much str you can afford.

I also would stop stacking IAS beyond the mempo and lacunis. At your budget its better to hit 2.23 aps and stack CD. Always prioritize CC.

edit: BT pants are back on the menu! My female barbs pants were going for 5mil last week. Now down to the 1mil mark again, but without the +armor. I still lean toward getting AR instead of big vit, but the LOH helps at the mid MP lvl with 3 sources of LS.

RAGINGK

I'm here and might as well make use of this since it's already 6 pages.

STIMPE
i have low survivability - i was looking at your gear and you only have one source of life steal @ 2.8%, i have a total of 6% and im getting rocked at mid MP levels, here are more stats:

You need 3 sources of LS at your dps lvl. That is the only reason I see you not surviving mid MP. It wont be fast but you should be able to do it. I do have 2 sources of LS, belt/passive. Once you get over 1.3mil tDPS then you can change to 2 sources of LS.

If getting a new weapon is unpalatable then you can try swapping all your str gems to vit. 37k hp with low sustain is a bad idea. Why use a non cold, non barb soj?

Why use such a crap roll Inna/IC combo? You wont get past mid MP with that combo since your hp will never get much higher. Only Inna/IC combo worth using requires a lot of gold.
Edited by PhatPhoEater#1370 on 2/23/2013 9:00 AM PST

...and the wizard returns...

Welcome back bud!
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]