Diablo® III

S&B QA Part 4

View profile
03/05/2013 03:48 PMPosted by roddo1993
Looking for some gear advice, just swapped my 2h skorn for a 1h and a shield. Doing HoTA/rend SnB build now.

Defintely a good start mate, but to maximize the HOTA damage you need to stack up CD.

Get it from

1. 80-90% Ammy
2. 30-40%+ Rings
3. Gloves
4. MH with min 50% base Crit.

Cheers,

Nike
Reply Quote
View profile
03/05/2013 02:35 PMPosted by NexusOne
Looking for some pointers what to do next. Thanks

Nice S&B barb you got there, you need to save for 3 things.

1. Crit Mempo, min 4.5%cc
2. MS Ice Climbers
3. Better Pants, You can easily get a nice rare pants with High STR and VIT roll which comes with 2 OS to increase your EHP, if you get so lucky it comes with an additional armour or dex.

Nike
Reply Quote
@penndragon
" ice climbers? Innas? an actual "sword"? mempo?" Upgrade them all !)

I would upgrade the pants first, it's cheap and u can enjoy the full set IK abit longer...
Unless you get IC boots with movement speed..very expensive.... or you will find urself walking slowly in the game.

Hey guys,

Hoping you could help me out with my next upgrade. Should i get ice climbers? Innas? an actual "sword"? mempo?

Thanks for any help!

Thanks for the advice! What upgrade do you think will see the biggest gains. i.e. whats my priority upgrade?

Thanks!
Reply Quote
Just recently started my barb and decided to go for S&B but not sure where I need to upgrade next besides my ammy and shoudlers, which I am trying to craft.

Could I get some advice
Edited by RogueMX#1117 on 3/6/2013 6:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
Thanks for the help Nike.
Reply Quote
http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/wilbur626-1787/Bjoernar/18008671

Fear the zuni barb :P
Reply Quote
View profile

Nice barb mate, very unique indeed :)

Nice to have another visitor from EU!

Nike
Reply Quote
Thanks dude! I was testing the boots for a little dps gain over my perfect firewalkers, and all of the sudden I went all-in with the complete set. Only missing a sick IK helm with 280+ str, 85+ vit and 6% cc. The mempo may give a tiny bit more AR, but the IK looks so much better with the shiny white zuni set :)
Reply Quote

Can i get an in game screenshot? I am curious on how it looks like lol.
Reply Quote
http://i.imgur.com/lOmpWBw.jpg
Reply Quote
Wow looks really good.

Thanks for screenshot.
Reply Quote
Penndragon,

A new wep with CD and OP socket should be your next upgrade. I would get a sword with 1200+ DPS.

1 - Ammy with CC
2 - MC Ice Climber
3 - Pants with better stats
4 - CC Mempo
5 - Gloves with higher stats.

Nice barb, keep it up.

-BALLER
Reply Quote
RogueMX,

As you said an ammy with better stats and shoulders with AR would be ideal. Damn those shoulders were just missing that!

Then I would look into getting CC Mempo and MS Ice Climbers, then BT pants with more Vit on them. I think you should go vit over strength on pants, as its a very easy spot to load vit on.
Reply Quote
hi guys so I recently went back to an older build that I used when I was a lot worse and ive tried it with both skorn and dw before but this was my first time trying with SnB and I kinda think it works even better.
the idea behind it is hitting an aps sweet spot that allows you to cancel the attack animations of both hota and weapon throw while spamming them both and both will still do their damage essentially increasing your attack speed way over what the game thinks you should be doing. youre able to keep wotb easily on a single target and across zones easily as well if you just spam battle cry too it resets wotb pretty fast.
I think this is better for higher mp and I am able to solo mp8 relatively fast with pretty meh gear so idk this isn't really a guide or anything just kinda putting it out there im pretty interested in what u guys think and if you think its viable as an endgame build
heres just a quick vid I took this morning while doing a mp10 uber group with some other barbs its probly not the most useful vid to show anything but at least you can see the attack speed and stuff so ya just lemme know what you think xD first uber is sb/kulle which is kinda hard to see whats going on so if u wanna fast forward 4minutes is leoric/magda and 9minutes is ghom
http://www.twitch.tv/wazsc2/b/374545292

edit: sorry this is probly the worst thing to read ever T_T I was in a hurry but ya some things to note im currently at 2.62 aps with wotb which seems to work well I believe its viable from around 2.6-2.7 but I haven't really done much actual testing and then also just some goals for the future I need to get some trifectas to add in some more crit damage and then also a crit mempo would help a lot and some more allres so I can drop warcry
Reply Quote
View profile
03/06/2013 11:12 AMPosted by Wilbur626
http://i.imgur.com/lOmpWBw.jpg

Wow i didnt expected it will look certified badass! Nice man
Reply Quote
Hey guys, how much atk speed do u guys run with unbuffed for ubers? Planning to get a sword with LS+Crit instead of my EF for ubers.
Reply Quote
Im hoping to inspire people to actually get to know what different gear builds do, and not just go after the established "BIS" items. Thanks for good feedback guys :D
Reply Quote
@nike, i recalled that you may need a perfect 10%CC & 34% block for a SS. I have 2 of such SS that you may be interested if you are. stats as below:

SS#1: 34% block, 10%CC, 187 STR, 74AR, 1146Armor, reduces dog from melee attacks 6%, reduces dog from elites 7%;

SS#2: 34% block, 10%CC, 190 STR, 75AR, 1207Armor, reduces dog from melee attacks 5%, reduces dog from elites 7%;

We will work out a deal to bypass the 15% AH tax and i am not looking at sky-high gold, perhaps 150M?? too much? haha, hope i am not asking for too much......

cheers.....
Reply Quote
Speaking of inspire.....

Perhaps i can inspire what a SnB can do for dps.
I just broke 300k dps (after battle rage) using SnB tonight. Latest purchase was a Tal's armor.
If i buff up with Punish Bash and Killing Spree and keep a constant WoTB , i was upwards of 550k dps. Note: i'm still using Mostly Purple Gems and Crap Red Gems.

I'm sick of the people who assume Shield barbs have no damage!

My original goal was to reach top 20 pvp barb for America server. (mission accomplished, highest rank thus far was 18)

New Goal:
Reach 400k dps with a Sword n Board barb!
(after b.rage)

Think i can do it?
Edited by Professor#1152 on 3/6/2013 9:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
New Goal:
Reach 400k dps with a Sword n Board barb!
(after b.rage)

Think i can do it?

yes you can!!
that'll be amazing!!! lol gl on your quest!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]