Diablo® III

S&B QA Part 4

@nike, i recalled that you may need a perfect 10%CC & 34% block for a SS. I have 2 of such SS that you may be interested if you are. stats as below:

SS#1: 34% block, 10%CC, 187 STR, 74AR, 1146Armor, reduces dog from melee attacks 6%, reduces dog from elites 7%;

SS#2: 34% block, 10%CC, 190 STR, 75AR, 1207Armor, reduces dog from melee attacks 5%, reduces dog from elites 7%;

We will work out a deal to bypass the 15% AH tax and i am not looking at sky-high gold, perhaps 150M?? too much? haha, hope i am not asking for too much......

cheers.....

WOW i'd prefer the SS1 for perfect elite and melee damage reduction, will let you know man, im a bit broke today after buying my sword a couple of days ago, but sure will 150M should be reasonable for me. Will let you know when i have sold some stuff in my AH.

BTW anyone has gold now who wants to buy ehong's shield, thats pretty fine for me :)
Reply Quote
Speaking of inspire.....

Perhaps i can inspire what a SnB can do for dps.
I just broke 300k dps (after battle rage) using SnB tonight. Latest purchase was a Tal's armor.
If i buff up with Punish Bash and Killing Spree and keep a constant WoTB , i was upwards of 550k dps. Note: i'm still using Mostly Purple Gems and Crap Red Gems.

I'm sick of the people who assume Shield barbs have no damage!

My original goal was to reach top 20 pvp barb for America server. (mission accomplished, highest rank thus far was 18)

New Goal:
Reach 400k dps with a Sword n Board barb!
(after b.rage)

Think i can do it?

Wow Prof, very impressive, yeah ofcourse you can still increase that DPS.

1. Get a trifecta IK Gloves
2. Get same ammy with average damage
3. Use all Ruby gems and upgrade the crappy gems lol

Nike
Reply Quote
New Goal:
(after b.rage)

Think i can do it?

Maybe if dps is all you're concerned about. You still have plenty of room for higher dps. In order of easiest dps upgrades:

1) 90+ str Inna's pants with 9 AS
2) +256 str if you replace all gems with marquis rubies
3) +100 str in IC
4) +80 str with crafted shoulders of str
5) Trifecta IK or rare gloves
6) Higher CC Mempo
7) Both rings and ammy have room for improvement
8) If all else fails, a new MH can squeeze out some more dps.

I'm personally at 314k after BR. The biggest dps gain I can get is a WH like yours, Inna's pants, and a higher str IC.
Edited by Celanian#1548 on 3/6/2013 10:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
@nike, no problem, i think i can wait for you. in fact, i am using SS#1, haha. but i am willing to let it go for you and i will use the SS#2......

been saving up a 4.5% CC memo, damn, the price doesn't seem like dropping...:(
Reply Quote
@nike, no problem, i think i can wait for you. in fact, i am using SS#1, haha. but i am willing to let it go for you and i will use the SS#2......

been saving up a 4.5% CC memo, damn, the price doesn't seem like dropping...:(

thanks mate! will add you in game later and pm you when i got the gold. Yeah crit mempo prices are still solid, but its a good investment :)

both good for pve and pvp.

EDIT: man if that SS2 has 6% melee man ill be all over it now! love the high Armour roll in it!

Nike
Edited by Nikeboy1984#6661 on 3/6/2013 10:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
hey guys i bought those boots 35m

im not sure i made the greatest of deals cuz im right under a break point for tornadoes right?

i like the regen tho
Reply Quote
03/06/2013 08:05 PMPosted by xxxkan
Hey guys, how much atk speed do u guys run with unbuffed for ubers? Planning to get a sword with LS+Crit instead of my EF for ubers.

1.81 is my APS. You can get higher AIS with a sword anyways, like mine is like 1.53 aps, versus an EF which can be 1.45

You dont need LS either since your rocking an IK belt. Go for higher dps out of your sword.
Edited by BALLER#1390 on 3/6/2013 11:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
hey guys i bought those boots 35m

im not sure i made the greatest of deals cuz im right under a break point for tornadoes right?

i like the regen tho

hmm not bad i think, did you tried to query the same but with VIT in it? around how much is the difference?

EDIT: what i mean is with both VIT and life regen in it.
Edited by Nikeboy1984#6661 on 3/6/2013 11:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
03/06/2013 11:31 PMPosted by BALLER
Hey guys, how much atk speed do u guys run with unbuffed for ubers? Planning to get a sword with LS+Crit instead of my EF for ubers.

1.81 is my APS. You can get higher AIS with a sword anyways, like mine is like 1.53 aps, versus an EF which can be 1.45

You dont need LS either since your rocking an IK belt. Go for higher dps out of your sword.

Yes defintely get a sword rather than EF for MH. get something with 1.2K+ DPS, OS, ASPD, CD in it.. I've seen a lot recently in AH you might grabe a good deal.
Reply Quote
Speaking of inspire.....

Perhaps i can inspire what a SnB can do for dps.
I just broke 300k dps (after battle rage) using SnB tonight. Latest purchase was a Tal's armor.
If i buff up with Punish Bash and Killing Spree and keep a constant WoTB , i was upwards of 550k dps. Note: i'm still using Mostly Purple Gems and Crap Red Gems.

I'm sick of the people who assume Shield barbs have no damage!

My original goal was to reach top 20 pvp barb for America server. (mission accomplished, highest rank thus far was 18)

New Goal:
(after b.rage)

Think i can do it?

i think you easily can do it, i am aimning for your current dps and if i am lucky ill be there in some time. atm there is still alot to improve on your items if you set your goal so high.
Reply Quote
hi
i think i have all right items
now is the idea like 100 strenght and 100 vit?
Reply Quote
Well guys, i want to revive my old barb.
Got 200m budget and i really want SnB, u guys think its possible? And what MP should i try to run with a 200m gear?
Reply Quote
Well guys, i want to revive my old barb.
Got 200m budget and i really want SnB, u guys think its possible? And what MP should i try to run with a 200m gear?

with 200 mill you should easily be able to get to 100 k dps base, thats good for mp 4 -5
Reply Quote
my gear is not anywhere close to 200M but I was able to play on MP5 ubers with 2 okay players and 1 weak player
I can play solo on MP7 but haven't tried the ubers past MP5 yet
this is using the Rend/HoTA spec
Reply Quote
Thanks to you guys I've been progressing my barb along nicely. I think when I first posted I was about 28k unbuffed DPS, now I'm 73k (diabloprogress).

My latest upgrade was my current Ammy. It gave me +10k DPS and I got it for 1 mill, so good deal (for me at least).

My target at this stage is 100k unbuffed DPS, so I'm wondering what I should be looking at upgrading next?

I've got 50mill to play with.
Reply Quote
sDoik,

- Upgrade your gem in your wep to a 100 CD one.
- Upgrade your litany to one with a dmg mod in, either AIS, or CD. Even AVG dmg would work well and probably a lot cheaper.
- Gloves with better stats, mostly strength, cc and cd.
Reply Quote
Ghostrider,

No need for a 1 to 1 ratio of strength to vit.

You could get away with 2 strength to 1 vit. Even less if you mitigation is real high, as well as your regen. I would shoot for 50+k HP however.
Reply Quote
you mean like going from 90 power to 150?
Reply Quote
Ghost, i'm not sure what you mean.

Baller was just saying to aim for the following :

2000 strength
    1000 vitality ( that is a 2:1 ratio for example, of course you want much higher in both areas)
    50,000 total life or higher
    Mitigation = Resistance, Armor, Blocking, Reduce damage from Melee/Elite/Ranged
Edited by Professor#1152 on 3/9/2013 8:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
For those of you who were interested in my DPS using Sword and Board type barbarian, here is a brief update.

After testing some things in mp10 act3 i decided to stop increasing DPS for now. Reason being , my resist / armor diminished too low at the cost of higher damage, my survivability went down greatly. Furthermore, my life pool was a bit lower, and i didn't like it.

So for the meantime, I'm sticking with my current gear at 303k DPS for farming. it works fine in mp10 and i rarely die even when i don't have on Warcry.

My farming stats:

DPS Breakdown
    259k DPS (without battle rage, into the fray)
    303k DPS (with battle rage, into the fray)
    360k DPS (battle rage + 3xBash Punish hits)
    403k DPS (battle rage + 3xBash Punish hits + Overpower Killing Spree)
    525k DPS (battle rage + 3xBash Punish hits + overpower + WOTB)

(Notes:) In Mp10, monsters have a lot of life, so i always keep fury with such a high Critical Chance. Therefore, Instigation Bash isn't necessary and i went with more damage.

34% block chance
62k Life
400+ All resist
2.19 Aps (no wotb)
2.57 Aps( with wotb)
3% Life Steal - From Passive

Skills:
Double Tornado WW build with Overpower, no Warcry

I'm not saying this is the best setup ever. It for sure isn't, but it gets the job done for farming.

My Gear Swaps from normal SnB 'tanky' gear to Farming gear:
    Belt - Rare with high stats ---- Witching hour
    Bracers - Rare with high stats ---- Lacuni Prowlers
    Body Armor - IK Chest ---- Tal rasha Chest
    Ring1 - Ehp ring --- Dps Trifecta Ring
    Ring2 - Ehp Ring ---- High CC/CD/Str/Average Ring
    Amulet - Ehp Amulet ---- 200+ Str / 90+ CD / 8+ CC

Hope this helps some people if they are wondering what gear to possibly use or what to look for in farming gear.
Edited by Professor#1152 on 3/9/2013 8:52 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]