Diablo® III

S&B QA Part 4

Last night it was me, Bruce and baller farming mp 10 so def more barbs will be able to join our lil' group
Reply Quote
Hope I can be counted in I'll keep a look for the thread awesome ammy Prof
Reply Quote
I also want to join in the group:)
Reply Quote
View profile
Anyone doing a seismic slam/hota SnB build?

I am soon to hit 100, and am going to drop ww, dual wield is tempting and still an option, but really like the added defense that a shield gives.

Which thread do you feel gives the best advice on current gearing and purchasing tips? (so I can study up)

Thanks for any info :)
Reply Quote
My overall goals are:

Get a bit more allres/armor so I can switch out of the defensive(Tough as Nails, War Cry) skills for good. I'm also aware I should find another 20k life somewhere but frankly I'm quite comfortable in that department ATM.
Switch to a faster weapon because I don't like hammers. I've been pondering axes due to weapons master but I'd like something even faster.
I hate to die. Softcore or no.
I'd like to stick to Hammer of the Ancients, Rend and WotB
I'd like to be consistently able to oneshot Fallen and other assorted critters in MP10. Fallen Shaman I'd like to twoshot.
I'd like to stay at 24% movement and I'm not totally convinced Lacunis are worth it.

Could you please take a look an tell me if I should follow this route? A crit Mempo is currently out of my reach. I've got a nice 6cc IK helmet. My budget is around 500 million. I craft a lot. And I'm awefully patient.
Where do I begin?

Mains are on EU
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/bfandreas-2624/hero/35982

That is one beast of a barb! Let me run through your gear really quick and point out a few of the weakest areas. First the ammy, it could have higher avg damage and CD, keep crafting here. All your Immortal King gear is low on vit, these could be upgraded. That said, overall you have nice gear and great resistance. I really think you should look at using sword for a new weapon. In general most snb barbs can get better overall damage with a sword with a marq. ruby. Have you tried running the numbers with that type of setup? I know you are reluctant to lose the 10% CC for weapon master, but I think you should look into gaining that CC back through skills, like OP:SK. However, for you I think Revenge Best Served Cold might be a more fitting option. You're getting hit alot, so I don't think you'd have a problem with it procing. I have not personally tested this, it is just an idea. If you drop war cry and add RBSC it will still give you extra survivability as well as increasing your damage. Seems like this would work with your tanky barb. Just a suggestion... I wouldn't recommend dropping the 24% move speed, because you don't use sprint. That's all I can think of, so good luck!
Edited by Bruce#1509 on 3/28/2013 5:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
i recently got bored of WW barb when i hit plvl 60 and started to play other classes. while i was on my wiz i found a storm shield with CC so i decided WTF lets make a S&B barb. (basically what this meant was taking my echoing off, switching my sword to my mainhand and then equipping the shield i found)

160k dps, ~9000 armor, 730 AR, 31% block chance, 42k HP, 910 EHP, 5% life steal, 2aps

mp10 takes a while to kill elites but i can tank just about anything.

any thoughts on my barb?
Edited by LavaFlow#1643 on 3/28/2013 7:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote

That is one beast of a barb! Let me run through your gear really quick and point out a few of the weakest areas. First the ammy, it could have higher avg damage and CD, keep crafting here. All your Immortal King gear is low on vit, these could be upgraded. That said, overall you have nice gear and great resistance. I really think you should look at using sword for a new weapon. In general most snb barbs can get better overall damage with a sword with a marq. ruby. Have you tried running the numbers with that type of setup? I know you are reluctant to lose the 10% CC for weapon master, but I think you should look into gaining that CC back through skills, like OP:SK. However, for you I think Revenge Best Served Cold might be a more fitting option. You're getting hit alot, so I don't think you'd have a problem with it procing. I have not personally tested this, it is just an idea. If you drop war cry and add RBSC it will still give you extra survivability as well as increasing your damage. Seems like this would work with your tanky barb. Just a suggestion... I wouldn't recommend dropping the 24% move speed, because you don't use sprint. That's all I can think of, so good luck!

I was also thinking about a Ruby in my weapon. But I did the math and it didn't really come out on top. So my next thing would've been a sword. ATM I think I really need a lot more base damage since most of my damage in crowds comes from Rend.

I've tried OP but the play style didn't quite click with me. Which is funny since I MTed as a warrior for a couple of years in WoW.

Ok, so that's get upgrades, switch to sword and putz around with Revenge and OP. Gotcha. All my upgrades will be top shelf stuff anyway.

But ATM I won't buy expensive IK stuff with more vit. Not until we all know where Blizz will take us gearwise. But I do have 200dex IK boots for more dodge in my stash :p
Reply Quote
03/28/2013 06:59 PMPosted by bfandreas
I was also thinking about a Ruby in my weapon. But I did the math and it didn't really come out on top. So my next thing would've been a sword. ATM I think I really need a lot more base damage since most of my damage in crowds comes from Rend.

The reason the ruby doesn't work as well in the mace is the slow attack speed. A sword has a base attack speed of 1.4 vs the 1.2 of the mace. Snbers are lacking in attack speed, so we try to help make some of it up in the weapons we use. Also if you are using rend for damage why not switch to lacerate rune?
Reply Quote
03/28/2013 07:25 PMPosted by Bruce

The reason the ruby doesn't work as well in the mace is the slow attack speed. A sword has a base attack speed of 1.4 vs the 1.2 of the mace. Snbers are lacking in attack speed, so we try to help make some of it up in the weapons we use. Also if you are using rend for damage why not switch to lacerate rune?

Yep, I know the Ruby theory crafting. Problem is ATM I don't have the funds to buy a nice sword with stats, ias, socket and some crit damage.

I also use Rend to stay alive so I'm stuck with that rune. But I will try using Revenge. Perhaps I can already do without War Cry. Should check that out.
Reply Quote
yeah try without way cry man, not sure you need it. Rend should be enough.
Reply Quote
Wow, that's quite a difference. I took all your advice, changed War Cry to OP, swapped Bash for Frenzy and swapped my expensive hammer for a sword that just cost a tenth. So I made a profit and did speed everything up considerably.

I have yet to do the math but I lost no screen DPS and everything feels faster. On top of that I now have a clear upgrade path.

Tanks, guys. This was quite a humbling experience.
Edited by bfandreas#2624 on 3/29/2013 4:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Wow, that's quite a difference. I took all your advice, changed War Cry to OP, swapped Bash for Frenzy and swapped my expensive hammer for a sword that just cost a tenth. So I made a profit and did speed everything up considerably.

I have yet to do the math but I lost no screen DPS and everything feels faster. On top of that I now have a clear upgrade path.

Tanks, guys. This was quite a humbling experience.

hehe op is one of the biggest dps bringers for a s & b barb :), nice to see you are using it now. i just hit 200 k unbuffed dps, also not sure if i want to buy a ik chest with more could definetly use one but spending 250 mill + for something that is gonna get buffed in next patch is kinda meh ... add me if you want to do some runs, all my friends have quit sadly :(

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/AlNeo-2621/hero/4368996
Edited by AlNeo#2621 on 3/30/2013 11:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
actually sniped a nice ik chest for 100 mill, doesnt really hurt me and extra hp is nice to have
Reply Quote
I'm currently pushing 50k life, so I should bother. But at the moment I prefer to keep my funds together until we get some sort of announcement what will be changed when.

Funny thing is I'm back at using War Cry. I'm currently hunting elites and keys in MP10 which would actually be well above my station.

I'll give you a call.
Reply Quote
Getting back to barb again.. Can any one help with some gear. I buy stuff then it ends up not so good. never crafted either. is that the way to get the good stuff.?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]