Diablo® III

S&B QA Part 4

View profile
02/20/2013 06:15 AMPosted by Wockets

I don't think you have anything to worry about, your health pool and damage reduction is sick. Over 95% DR and 4 million ehp against elites before figuring in block, dodge, melee and range deductions. Wow.

omg , those with higher eHP than jook has like 4 digit dps

Jook is the role model for all pvp barbs

i just noticed, you have a very nice HC S&B barb man! you should play with acrimony.

Nike
Reply Quote
Damn...and I was pretty happy with my crafted shoulders...and amulet..
Reply Quote
ok i am totaly lost
i just got a barb now (played long) i use to play online levels to level up,gain items for sell
improve mine. so basicly? i play online slaughter monsters. on this point it take me a lot energy to stay a life
i would like some advice to kill more eeasy and not die that fast ( or lose energy - red - so fast)
thanks

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ghostrider-2134/

is me now
Reply Quote
ok i am totaly lost
i just got a barb now (played long) i use to play online levels to level up,gain items for sell
improve mine. so basicly? i play online slaughter monsters. on this point it take me a lot energy to stay a life
i would like some advice to kill more eeasy and not die that fast ( or lose energy - red - so fast)
thanks

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ghostrider-2134/

is me now

What type of budget do you have? If you have a 5 mil budget (starter gear) the gear choices to make you viable will be different than if you have a 500 mil to a billion gold budget (closer to end game gear).
Reply Quote
got 500.000 for start now.plan is start with something and slowly build it up but need tips/advice were to start
Reply Quote

omg , those with higher eHP than jook has like 4 digit dps

Jook is the role model for all pvp barbs

i just noticed, you have a very nice HC S&B barb man! you should play with acrimony.

Nike

Wockets definitely has an awesome Barbarian. I need to craft the kind of amulet he has. Not sure how I'm going to pull that off. I have rolled quite a few already and only one came out that is somewhat decent enough that I might use with a ring other than a Leoric's. Really hard to decide.
Reply Quote
@Ghostrider also use the following skill buildout -

Action:
Bash with Instigation (if you have trouble keeping fury up) or Frenzy with Maniac
Hammer of the Ancients with Smash
Overpower with Killing Spree
Battle Rage with Into the Fray
Rend with Bloodlust
Wrath of the Berserker with Thrive on Chaos

Passives:
Nerves of Steel or Tough as Nails (whichever gives you a better armor value)
Ruthless
Weapons Master

Although you may change either Ruthless of Weapons Master out with the other Armor buff passive if you have survivability issues.

For farming I switch out Overpower with Sprint-Run Like the Wind and HotA with Whirlwind-Hurricane. Until you get higher armor and resists you may need to switch out Overpower with Warcry-Impunity.
Reply Quote
ok and tips on what equipment
Reply Quote
what kind of stuff i need look for?
and full names of stats please not familiour with shortcodes
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 10:21 AMPosted by Ghostrider
got 500.000 for start now.plan is start with something and slowly build it up but need tips/advice were to start

Not gonna lie, that isn't much to work with. I would probably start by getting a cheap stormshield with at least 24-25% block and at least 7% critcal chance (cc) (try to keep this piece under 200k for now), when you get better funds try to get one with at least 9% cc and better block. For now, I would try to get an axe of mace that has an open socket, strength (str), and does at least 1k dps (could find this for 100-200k). You also need more vitality (vit) and all resists (AR). Chest and legs will be the best place to find vit. You can actually find great deals on low level rings that have 30-50 str, 30-50 vit, 3.5%+ cc and 30%+ critical damage (cd) (less than 50k a piece). Keep an eye out for an Immortal King (IK) belt with a bonus to either frenzy or bash damage and IK boots - These should run you between 250-500k a piece. The IK belt is great because of the life steal, and two IK pieces gives a set bonus of +60 AR.

So with the 500k you have now get a stormshield with cc, and a higher damage weapon. Then go for the IK belt and boots (the boots have movement speed on them so you won't miss that from your current boots). Then probably a chest with at least 70 AR similar vit and higher str than your current. Then I would try to get a helm that has an open socket (put an amythest in it for +life%), str, vit, and AR. Then go bracers with 90+ str, 90+vit, 60+AR, and 4%+cc. You can also probably get a good deal on gloves now (a pair with str, high cc, high cd for less than 100k), but do not put this ahead of shield, weapon and IK items. Do not spend more than a million on any of the items in this paragraph.

After all this you will be rolling far enough along that you can save up and splurge. Target stats to finish Inferno and farm up to mp level 2 - 7,000 armor, 700 AR, 50k life, 50k damage (more of all these things is obviously better).
Edited by Maegor#1377 on 2/20/2013 10:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
changed my axe for shield dont think its a bad one
Reply Quote
HA! Storm Shield! Welcome to the club = )
you'll need a higher Crit chance later on but looks good for now

and I see that you've changed your build to the traditional tank and spank one = )
Reply Quote
Oh wow we are on the 4th thread already!

Way to go Barbs!
Edited by Professor#1152 on 2/20/2013 3:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
http://i.imgur.com/8xPU3Ce.png

Just rolled what's probably one of the best amulets right now. I'm stunned =/
Reply Quote

Grats man. The high LoH and armor on it are really nice. I assume that's your hardcore barb?
Reply Quote

Grats man. The high LoH and armor on it are really nice. I assume that's your hardcore barb?

Yea. For my HC Barb :)

People are losing their minds over it lol -- I won't lie though, it took me way too many pointless tries to count. So many troll rolls.
Reply Quote
Nice amulet Acrimony
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 07:34 PMPosted by Professor
Nice amulet Acrimony

Thank you! Hopefully I don't die! That's going to be a difficult amulet to replace =/
Reply Quote
Thank you! Hopefully I don't die! That's going to be a difficult amulet to replace =/

just stay far away from fallen maniacs ;)

how many tried did it take to roll that?
Reply Quote
Well, I've done some upgrading. Gained 11k dps from 115 to 126k dps pre buffs and boosted my EHP by a slim margin from 1.16 to 1.19 million. And it didn't cost the earth.

Firstly, I crafted the Braciers on the character. 219 str, 5.5 crit chance with some vitality which added 7k dps over my old braciers, but at the cost of EHP via loosing 80 Vitality and 60 odd AR. So I "downgraded" my unity to the Litany of the undaunted ring. The ring slot lost 3k dps but combined with the Braciers, I gain 4k dps and the EHP boost, probably from the damage reduced from elites.
Buying/selling the ring produced a profit of 7 million.

Next, onto the AH and won the pair of Trifecta gloves. Not great ones, but they are worth 8k dps over my old ones. If somebody would be kind enough to buy my old ones for the going price, all up, the upgrade cost 20 million. Can't complain about that.

The beauty of this upgrade is that I am no longer relying on the 146 vit/61 AR from my old braciers for my EHP so the slot is now open for pure damage!
I wonder what sort of braciers I can look for that might offer critical hit chance, Increased attack speed and maybe something else useful like faster movement? Might have to do some research into a pair of braciers that might fill that purpose! :-) (while I save up enough loot to afford a good pair)

Knock knock knocking on the 200k dps fully buffed door......
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]