Diablo® III

S&B QA Part 4

02/20/2013 08:02 PMPosted by QHTran
Thank you! Hopefully I don't die! That's going to be a difficult amulet to replace =/

just stay far away from fallen maniacs ;)

how many tried did it take to roll that?

Way too many to count. I started salvaging all the legendary items I could over the last week; even invested about 10,000,000 into the crafting market before the patch. Brimstones are going for as much as 200,000 in HC right now.

I've farmed at *least* 100 Demonic Essences and every single one went to Vitality or Strength amulets. I had also brought Tomes and Flawless Squares of every type of at least 5,000 each. I'm not even joking -- I was ahead of everyone else when the patch came out, but my luck was absolutely brutal. There are a few good ones, but none were upgrades. So I threw them on my mercs. Quite an awesome roll. Not worth putting any effort into crafting until you have a bunch stashed away.
Edited by acrimony#1561 on 2/20/2013 8:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
@Asmodeous - great stuff with the upgrades mate! as for the bracers you can get a lacuni with cc or with AR if budget allows or try your luck by crafting STR or VIT razokspikes

Nike
Reply Quote
View profile
@Maegor - i'm very impressed by your constructive advices and recommendations to our fellow S&B barbs, keep it up!!
Reply Quote
Hi,

I have been on this thread before. I am back again looking for advice on how to increase my damage for PVP. I appreciated all the feedback I received before all you godly barbarians.

I have been dueling for a while now and had some good success with my current gear. I am looking to upgrade for more damage, as I seem to not be able to kill some of the more tanky characters with over 70K life in a timely manner. Even a crit rend does not seem to be able to take them down and I have to try to get another crit rend. It even sucks more when they have high life regen.

So how do I get some more damage while not sacrificing any mitigation and life? Is it time for a spear? Is just getting more defense the answer?

Thanks in advance for the help!
Reply Quote
View profile
@TaxReaper - defintely go with a high black dmg weapon with high base CD and mainstats like VIT,STR,DEX to have better rends

Nike
Reply Quote
Hey guys. Just to check, i'm currently in the middle of building a S&B set that is capable of soloing MP10 ubers.

Would any suggest what sort of level of stats would be required? And are my current items a good enough start with a decent amount left to spend? Looking to pick up a 800 Armor / 220VIT / 140STR + IK chest next but i'm unsure if i should invest on a WH or go for a IK belt stat-stick as i'm a little concerned with only 3%LS from passive.

Current profile:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Mustybadger-2406/hero/23147905

I will be swapping out my Hellfire for a Litany or SoJ for ubers but what about my current purchases? Want to try and avoid overspending on Shoulders / Amulet due to crafting but i picked up my current Vile's for cheap and the bonus Armor and life regen provide a nice EHP bonus.

I'm guessing once all is said and done i should be able to reach around 130k-150DPS with passives with well over 1m EHP but any suggestions on what purchases to make next would be ace :)

I'm probably going to go with MS Ice Climbers and Lacuni's but not sure about what legs to invest in? 150+STR/200+VIT/70AR/2 sock rares or 200+VIT/AR Blackthornes?

Also - Is there an easy way to figure out how much benefit i would get with a Marquis Ruby over my current Emerald?

Thanks
Edited by Mustybadger#2406 on 2/21/2013 1:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
Hey guys. Just to check, i'm currently in the middle of building a S&B set that is capable of soloing MP10 ubers.

Would any suggest what sort of level of stats would be required? And are my current items a good enough start with a decent amount left to spend? Looking to pick up a 800 Armor / 220VIT / 140STR + IK chest next but i'm unsure if i should invest on a WH or go for a IK belt stat-stick as i'm a little concerned with only 3%LS from passive.

Current profile:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Mustybadger-2406/hero/23147905

I will be swapping out my Hellfire for a Litany or SoJ for ubers but what about my current purchases? Want to try and avoid overspending on Shoulders / Amulet due to crafting but i picked up my current Vile's for cheap and the bonus Armor and life regen provide a nice EHP bonus.

I'm guessing once all is said and done i should be able to reach around 130k-150DPS with passives with well over 1m EHP but any suggestions on what purchases to make next would be ace :)

I'm probably going to go with MS Ice Climbers and Lacuni's but not sure about what legs to invest in? 150+STR/200+VIT/70AR/2 sock rares or 200+VIT/AR Blackthornes?

Also - Is there an easy way to figure out how much benefit i would get with a Marquis Ruby over my current Emerald?

Thanks

Hey Musty

look at my profile

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/AlNeo-2621/hero/4368996

i do mp 10 ubers with no probs at all with this setup.

1. id swap your ik helmet for a mempo with 170 +s tr and cc if budget allows it you need the attack speed
2. you dont need ms ice climbers when you do mp10 ubers 190 + str with vit are more then enough
3. lacuni with ias and cc + str are a great addition
4. blackthornes with 280 + vit and no AR are always helpfull bec of the + life, dont need sockets either as they can go up to 380
5. if you got the money for a 220 str and 140 vit ik chest, then grats :) but if you dont wantr to spend that much there are some nice cheap 170 str 85 vit + life ones in ah atm
6. my crit is a bit low therfor i use a black dmg axe instead of a sword with same dmg
7. ring id always go with cc and cd + str and vit with ar as bonus
8. ik belt is a must in my eyes to do mp 10 uber unless you have insane gear, there are some 270 str ones at pretty reasonable prices in ah. witch for farming, ik for ubers and mp 8+

emerald <> ruby depends on how much cd + cc you alrdy have with 50 cc and 350 cd id always go a marquis ruby if you dont have that then go emerald
Reply Quote
@Maegor - i'm very impressed by your constructive advices and recommendations to our fellow S&B barbs, keep it up!!

Thanks man, I needed help and advice on regearing my barb recently too, so I am just trying to show the same courtesy that was shown to me.
Reply Quote
Hey guys, did the whole ww and then hota build but I want to go back to my vanilla dream of having a monster s&b machine. Can I get some recommend items I should look to go for? Budget is small right now but I don't mind farming the gold to pick stuff up. It would be great if I could get a starter to mid range item goal and then a end game goal.
Reply Quote
saving now up for other parts putted one of my weapons for sale then bit by bit looking for items for the mean killing machina lol
Reply Quote
Guys, would any of you be interested in a progression thread for my HC Barbarian? I would post pictures of each paragon leveling, pictures of big drops, purchases, etc. It's not much, but for some reason, people seem to be fascinated with progression threads and often use the OP as a baseline to build a Hardcore Barbarian.

Currently at paragon 38. http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/acrimony-1561/Acrimonious/30465951

I haven't made any recent purchases other than crafting the amulet and getting the Blade of the Warlord (which is a monster for farming). So if interested, I will post a progression thread so that maybe my efforts will go towards encouraging others here to test their luck and see what's so great about HC.
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 08:17 PMPosted by acrimonious
Way too many to count.

ohh man I ee a long road ahead of me
crafted only 15 items so far and the only one that I could use is the shoulder on my wiz

02/20/2013 08:17 PMPosted by acrimonious
Not worth putting any effort into crafting until you have a bunch stashed away.

Yeah I think I'll heed your advice, I'll just play and salvage everything till I get enough mat and demonic essence

I want to make 100 strength gloves to beat out my current one something like 200 strg 60 ar 8ias 8 critchance 40 crit dmg and some vit = )
one can always dream right? = P
Reply Quote
02/21/2013 09:57 AMPosted by acrimonious
Guys, would any of you be interested in a progression thread for my HC Barbarian?

Do it! I'll be interested! I'll check it during my breaks at work = )
Reply Quote
ohh man I ee a long road ahead of me
crafted only 15 items so far and the only one that I could use is the shoulder on my wiz

Yeah I think I'll heed your advice, I'll just play and salvage everything till I get enough mat and demonic essence

I want to make 100 strength gloves to beat out my current one something like 200 strg 60 ar 8ias 8 critchance 40 crit dmg and some vit = )

one can always dream right? = P

Man, I've been farming for awhile now. Since I switched to S&B WW at Paragon 15, I have played just over 20 hours and jumped 23 paragon levels at MP1. I routinely pick up about 2 to 3 Demonic Essences per run with my route (Core of Arreat to Rakki's Crossing to Field of Slaughter to Arreat 2) and since crafting that amulet last night and doing a few runs, I have 20 more Demonic Essences to use.

There's a good chance I move up a monster power level. But I feel that in regards to farming essences, there's no point focusing on it. Just farm for paragon or loot and make the essences a last priority. Over time, you will have salvaged more unique items and have enough to crafting amulets or gloves in bulk.
Reply Quote
Guys, would any of you be interested in a progression thread for my HC Barbarian? I would post pictures of each paragon leveling, pictures of big drops, purchases, etc. It's not much, but for some reason, people seem to be fascinated with progression threads and often use the OP as a baseline to build a Hardcore Barbarian.

Currently at paragon 38. http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/acrimony-1561/Acrimonious/30465951

I haven't made any recent purchases other than crafting the amulet and getting the Blade of the Warlord (which is a monster for farming). So if interested, I will post a progression thread so that maybe my efforts will go towards encouraging others here to test their luck and see what's so great about HC.

That would be pretty cool. Do you have pics of that type of stuff from when you hit 60? I'd be interested to know your approach to how you started looking for gear, what stats were must-haves in certain pieces, how you evaluated items when they positively affect your ehp but negatively affect dps and vice versa, etc.
Reply Quote
Hey guys, did the whole ww and then hota build but I want to go back to my vanilla dream of having a monster s&b machine. Can I get some recommend items I should look to go for? Budget is small right now but I don't mind farming the gold to pick stuff up. It would be great if I could get a starter to mid range item goal and then a end game goal.

Can you link your current setup and give us your budget that you are working with? That way, we don't just say the standard end-game items to target that are 500 mil plus items.
Reply Quote

That would be pretty cool. Do you have pics of that type of stuff from when you hit 60? I'd be interested to know your approach to how you started looking for gear, what stats were must-haves in certain pieces, how you evaluated items when they positively affect your ehp but negatively affect dps and vice versa, etc.

I don't, but I will go through my AH tab and see what I had before I switched to WW. It's a lot to go through lol -- when it comes to my gear, I'm worse than a woman in a shoe closet.

Here's the thread: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7923494303

I'll add more with some suggestions :)
Reply Quote
Nice one Acrimonius :) Love watching HC progression threads.

I just finished gearing up my S&B Barb :) Pretty happy with the outcome.

2.2m EHP
100k DPS

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/mustybadger-2406/Barbar/23147905

Was hoping for a little more base DPS but it seems more than enough to be comfortable soloing MP10 ubers. Any comments or suggestions would be great!
Reply Quote
why cant i craft anything good
Reply Quote
oh guys do not know if u did hear the news yet but blizzart making a diablo 3 for playstation 3 and 4 ( playstation 4 is launched comming out this year) looks asume
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]