Diablo® III

Being "elite" ruined the game for me

To be clear, I'm not anywhere close to being the best monk out there. Just good enough to play mp10 comfortably on my monk. I can solo 2 out of 3 uber fights on mp10, but lost the motivation to try to get better gear to be able to do the sb/kulle fight.

I had a ton of fun lvling paragon levels and trying to get gear good enough to play mp10. However once I got there, I realized there isn't really anything left to do. This is why I'm lvling a barb now.

I see a lot of thread about how casual players can't play inferno which is why they like the new crafting. If those players wanted to feel elite they can always just play hell mode. The content is exactly the same. The drop you get there will end up at the NPc just like the drop you get in inferno. Why don't people play there? Because it''s no fun when there is no challenge.

Inferno mp10 is an artificial ceiling. Once you are able to plow through mobs there, what will you do next? For me it's wait for them to raise difficulty again. But then everyone will just start qq about how they can get gear good enough to play the new lvl.

Before 1.07 was released anyone could have spent 20 dollars on gold and made a character good enough to play mp5. This means you could plow though mp2. For those of you that are going to say you can't afford 20 dollars for 100m, go get a job. For those of you that have a job, you should have spent the money. It would have made your playing time that much more enjoyable.

Now that crafting is here people will say now they can have bis gear with out 1b gold. Just realize that getting that gear is getting closer for you to switch you "I'm poor"threads to "there is no replay ability"

Tl dr. Most fun in d3 is finding gear to play all content. Once you get there you are done. Don't be in a rush to get there.
Reply Quote
So right.

Just an idea for you an maybe for other players as well.

I've made chars lvl60 from all 5 classes just to have the option to play the same content with as many possibilties of game styles as i can and i'm still having fun gearing them up and playing with most of them :)
None of them is capable to do mp10, okay the wiz can but why should i !?
if i can faceroll mp 6-7-8 it's enough for me with capped mf.

Its true that wiz, monk and barb (in this row) are my favorites and i don't play with dh and wd anymore, they are just better for pvp then for pve imo. So i think the only way to make the game at least a bit different is to swap between classes and face the same enemys with different types of builds.

Cheers from EU
Reply Quote
@joebye
02/20/2013 02:41 AMPosted by joebie
For those of you that have a job, you should have spent the money. It would have made your playing time that much more enjoyable.

... FACEPALM.
People already "have spent" $60 for game. Why they should spend more? If you bought game and playing it is not enough "enjoyable" then you should, may be, even take your money back but definetely not pay more and more.
I am interestered were you payed for this post or its your own... baked thought?
Edited by Holylight#2851 on 2/20/2013 3:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
I had a ton of fun lvling paragon levels and trying to get gear good enough to play mp10. However once I got there, I realized there isn't really anything left to do. This is why I'm lvling a barb now.

I see you started a hardcore monk last year in August but then abandoned it to get more training for your softcore monk.

At paragon 100 it seems you should know enough about the game to now be able to finish leveling your hardcore monk and get through Inferno in HC. That seems like the greater challenge compared to using all the gold you earned on the way to 100 to now outfit a barb in SC.
Reply Quote
Yeah, congrats mastering the tutorial. Now play the real game.
Reply Quote
View profile
I will not throw more money at this game unless it is for an expansion. Even if I could afford to I won't do it period.
Reply Quote
Nobody is saying you have too. If your having fun, then don't. But if you haven't learned, everything in life cost money. Just like the computer you use to play d3. You would not get the same enjoyment out of the game if your computer is old and can't handle all the graphics and it lags all the time.
Reply Quote
Reason I don't play hardcore is I get random disconnects. Instead of asking for roll back unjust choose not to play it instead of crying about it when I die.
Reply Quote
View profile
Reason why I don't have %bonus exp gear.
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 05:41 AMPosted by joebie
Reason I don't play hardcore is I get random disconnects. Instead of asking for roll back unjust choose not to play it instead of crying about it when I die.

Well then I'd say you're done with the game. Leveling a barb in training mode after reaching p 100 on monk won't be exciting and you'll get bored by the time you reach p level 20. Unless you can obtain more stable Internet access to eliminate disconnects (to play hardcore) perhaps its time to retire this game.

Use google maps to find nearest bike path and find a bike shop nearby. After spending this much time sitting at computer you took a couple of month off your life expectancy so best to explore the world a bit before you're dead IRL. Unfortunately real life is hardcore.
Reply Quote
level 36 "elite"... I think not...
Reply Quote
Wait

You instruct us to spend cash to speed up our game progress, then sum it all up with a warning to avoid doing exactly that?

What?
Reply Quote
I'm saying it doesn't take much to be good. So I spent the gold I made playing my monk to buy gear for my barb so he doesn't suck. But i plan on looting the rest of the gear that I will need to take on mp10. I don't want it handed to me via auction house/crafting.
Reply Quote
For those of you that have a job, you should have spent the money. It would have made your playing time that much more enjoyable.

There's your problem right there. You paid to win. And now you're complaining that everything is too easy after the fact. Perhaps the fault lies with you?
Reply Quote
I didn't pay to win on my monk, which is why he has 1500 hours on it. I'm just letting people know that yes the new crafting makes it easier to "win", but then you'll get bored of the game once you have "won". My barb is about mp5... haven't "won" yet. So I will have several more hours of fun lvling him up and finding the rest of the gear.
Reply Quote
I used to think it was dead, until I tried to sell some low level legendary I got power leveling people. I posted 3 of them, and they all sold in 30 minutes. Apparently there are still people playing and leveling to be buying lvl 10/20/30 legendary.
Reply Quote
Wait

You instruct us to spend cash to speed up our game progress, then sum it all up with a warning to avoid doing exactly that?

What?
Reply Quote
Start a fresh char in HC mode without any gold transfer. That will be fun for another 200-300 hours.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]