Diablo® III

Barbs dont stand a chance.......

So have barbs just been forgotten in the whole Brawling? Brawling is really average as it stands. Any type of long range attack, not to mention Hex/spirit barage and whatever WD use to fear, is just too much for any barb to take. Unless you WOTB, but then the cooldown is insane before you get another? so u may be able to kill a WD once, but then die every time after until WOTB is ready again? not to mention most times you just get turned into a pig or chicken.

i guess my barb will have to be for MF only.

Really poor design blizz. DUELING was fine the way it was in D2.

If its not broken, then don't fix it.
Reply Quote
View profile
I just tested my barb in a few PvP fights and altough I did die a few times, my opponents died too... It does not seem so bad as you say. Maybe I just did not test it long enough...
Reply Quote
try weapon throw
Reply Quote
Yeah the only guy i was playing against was a WD who used Hex/Spirit Barrage and a skill that makes me fear?

I tried a few builds including weapon throw, but when Witch Doctors have Spirit Barrage which they just have to click their mouse and it seeks out an enemy, they can just kite and if i get close to them turn me into a chicken or pig or fear me.

Weapon throw did nothing as he just went into that invisible mode every time. The garguntuan also tanks for them so it is just an impossible build to play against for a barb.
Leap Attack works okay with the stun, but the cooldown needs to be shortened for Brawling purposes.
Reply Quote
lol i don't think d2 duelling was fine at all, but yes a barb seems to need a very specific build in order to kill anything
Reply Quote
View profile
I just met a barb that used weapon throw and rend! Oh, and he had a Storm Shield! He was quite good.
Reply Quote
Got into my first PvP game last night. Im a DH and i dominated most of the matches. Only had problems with this one high level barb. He used ancient spear-grappling hooks and then spam hammer of the ancients. my tank dh in gloom mode is dead in two hits. i survive if my dodge kicks in.

and yeah he uses rend too, but my DH can out-heal the damage.
Reply Quote
I did some pretty extensive dueling on the PTR, all the classes can be quite good, but WD is really cheap with the CC all day.

Some of the Barbs with 30 bil in gear would destroy any other class tho that had just as much invested,

200k-300k hp
4k life regen
600+ all resists buffed
6-9k armor buffed
100k dps

It was very hard to take them down.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the advice. It must just be that one particular build of Witch Doctor then that impossible to even touch.

Might have to do alot more tinkering. But it is good to hear that not all barbs are useless. Anyone that has a decent build for barbs some advice would be welcome.
Reply Quote
im played this guy last night with a 4v4. I was with my wizzard, and 2 DH + http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/zethor-2510/Zethor/253601 this barb.

He was really hard to kill, and it was a huge fun.

Just need ehp and right gear skill setup. PVP is different then pve. You will be 1-2 hited in pve gear and skill setup.
Reply Quote
If you think you can defeat a decent palayer whis your curent gear you are wrong OP.
Players are not dumb predictible mobs. You also have very very low hp. 45k hp may be good for farm, but(combined whis your ridiculous low armor) translate in 2-3hits from a 100k dps player. Loh and ls are 0 in pvp, so lps is the way to go there.
Skills that are 0 in pve are a must have in pvp(inspiring presence any1?) and the list goes on.
In pvp gear on my wd i find the barb to be the most annoying fukin enemy i can face(excluding nats legancy dh wich is god mode). How can a barb do that? Not whis 100bil+ gear, Use the right skills whis the right cheap gear and from a victim barb turns into an agressor.

P.S
Don`t go to war dresed like a prostitute.
Reply Quote
Ya barbs are very much alive me, and Garthandal actually have some great duels we both beat each other. Test different builds you have to adjust to your opponent in my opinion I hope they change pvp it is boring at the moment! Barbs are very much alive!
Reply Quote
Barb is really fun to beat for WD. I don't use haunt and spirit barrage for barb, that will become joke mode. Just hex them and use wall of zombies / corpse bombs, 1 or 2 hit kills them. Super fun. For high defense barb, just hope for critical hit, with a skorn, 400+ critical hit damage, 1 hit kills a hexed barb is super fun.
Reply Quote
I "brawled" (dueling is way better why did they change it?) 2 barbs so far and they both kicked my !@#. THey were rend barbs and they were DECKED had 80k hp $%^- like that.

You just have to gear for it.
Reply Quote
If you think you can defeat a decent palayer whis your curent gear you are wrong OP.
Players are not dumb predictible mobs. You also have very very low hp. 45k hp may be good for farm, but(combined whis your ridiculous low armor) translate in 2-3hits from a 100k dps player. Loh and ls are 0 in pvp, so lps is the way to go there.
Skills that are 0 in pve are a must have in pvp(inspiring presence any1?) and the list goes on.
In pvp gear on my wd i find the barb to be the most annoying fukin enemy i can face(excluding nats legancy dh wich is god mode). How can a barb do that? Not whis 100bil+ gear, Use the right skills whis the right cheap gear and from a victim barb turns into an agressor.

P.S
Don`t go to war dresed like a prostitute.

this is obviously magic find gear mate.......
Reply Quote
Barbarians need a spell that makes them immune to disable, like adding it as a rune on ignore pain.
Reply Quote
barbs are fine, learn to play noobs.
Reply Quote
Leap, Rend+Lacerate, Sprint. IK full set gear. Skorn with 1300+ DPS and 180%+ CC. If you have this setup, you will not hate PvP.
Reply Quote
i agree. leap and rend. or spear and rend. either way i have a tough time trying to survive a rend cause of the huge amount of damage it does.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]