Diablo® III

Drop rates?

if nice drops drop too easily the value of items will crash. I like it as it is now.
Reply Quote
This has got to be one of the sulkiest, most juvenile threads I have seen on HC in a long time. "Why does he get to have that, but not me?" This is the kind of thing you expect from a ten year old questioning his mom's parenting style.

People are here, in these forums, making threads about dying to bugs, or PK, or disconnect. People are also here making constructive game design related posts on how they think itemization should be affected for the benefit of the game. But here you are, making an extremely GD-esque post pointing fingers saying that they're getting drops but not you, and that this game is unfair.

Get a grip. If you're upset about the lack of legendary drops, stop paying attention to legendary drops. Or maybe do something about it. Like do runs with higher elite to trash ratios, increase your MF, increase your running efficiency, etc. And accept that there are bad luck streaks.

if u dont like the Thread Take ur head shove it in a hole for all i care GTFO

N everyone saying RNG Wanna meet guy just got 5 Leg within 20 mins of this Act3 Clear? lmao

u mad?
Reply Quote
View profile
02/14/2013 03:56 PMPosted by Sunshine
You're gonna get raged on, Bottle. Should've just trolled. It's more fun, anyway.

While we're on the topic of trolling, one time I saved up unidentified witching hour, IK chest, compass rose, lacunis, and then I went on jsp and bought an unidentified manticore and zuni boots, went into a public game, and proceeded to "get a legendary off of every fking pack this fking guy is so lucky." And then I left the game, joined another game and repeated my luck off the first 7 elite packs. The trick to make it believable is to always lead out, and then when the elite pack dies you lead out again, but then stop, and double back to pick up your imaginary legendary drop, followed by Party Chat: [Unidentified]. I got bored after the 2nd time, and ID'd them all. In this patch it would show [Belt]. [Ring] etc. but it should still work until it catches on again...
Edited by Bnetplayer#11398 on 2/15/2013 3:18 AM PST
Reply Quote
You must have bad luck. I have 400% mf with 5 stacks. I'll get a minimum of 1 leg/full act 3 run 9/10 times, usually getting 3-4 legs/run on average.

this
Reply Quote
My para 50 WD has full MF gear, I will get a leg every 4-7 hours of game play it seems. Now with the new patch I decided to run my para 6 (now 10) WIZ with almost no MF. The very first thing I do is break a rock and get a leg...not kidding...then 3 more legs dropped in the next 4 hours. It amazes me how the drops are so random. It seems to me that the only thing MF does is fill up my stash with more rares per run, not necessarily more legs. Just my exp so far. BTW...I was running CM Wiz on mp8 with a friend and my WD does Alkaiser runs on MP0-1.
Reply Quote
I'm in a major drought right now too...about 150M exp without a legendary/set drop...and the previous 6 legendaries were some of the worst I've ever found. I run 325-350% MF Plvl, 55 now. The last good one I found was the vile ward on my Wizard which came from a respendant chest about 10 days ago lol

TL/DR: gotta keep grinding!
Reply Quote
Anyone else see a considerable drop in plan drops yesterday?
Reply Quote
View profile
02/15/2013 07:30 AMPosted by krazlys

Quite the opposite here, had 3 plans drop in 2 runs
Reply Quote
Good to know. Thanks.
Reply Quote
In case y'all haven't noticed in the patch notes, they quadrupled plan and design drop rates.
Reply Quote
It always amazes me that it is supposed to be RNG and I still get 3 Exalted Dread Shield plans in one session (got a couple of the new ones too so plans are definetly dropping more). Think their RNG code needs a little updating.
Reply Quote
View profile
Rumor has it that, in D2, there was an MF "cap". When you reached the "cap" your MF would "reset" back to 0. Maybe there's something similar in D3? Try lowering your MF to ~250 (with 5 stacks), then see what happens.
Reply Quote
complaints about drop rates.. doesn't this belong in the general forum?

if u dont like the thread GTFO then?

ANd its beyond bullcrap that select ppl never stop finding crap i play all the time i find trash yellows not much ever sell over 50k max 80k if im lucky and yet ppl who i kno n play wit same guy found inna chest finds crit socket mojo leg? Thing of the deep... and 1 IK chest and Inna belt in 1 clear common its bs and idc wat anyone says or thinks ya its RNG and RNG is kinda bullcrap when same ppl never have issuse finding things thats my 2 cents dont like it dont read my thread then idc annoyed with this game currently

I went 19-31 Para not 1 Leg and now 35-41 not 1 Leg and im half way 42 still nothing

somebody call the waaaambulance

childish post deserves childish response...
Edited by Poxy#1672 on 2/15/2013 11:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/15/2013 07:30 AMPosted by krazlys

I had 11 drop in one a3 run so don't know if that is even remotely true...
Reply Quote
I've found a new 32% block stormshield for my barb and a thing of a deep today, plus a set ring yesterday, all MP0. Hardcore, lvl 15 paragon and 150MF. The thing of a deep dropped out of a chest in act3 with 2 stacks and it's sick good. I think I should roll WD>
Edited by Atletar#1619 on 2/16/2013 10:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/16/2013 09:42 PMPosted by Atletar
I've found a new 32% block stormshield for my barb and a thing of a deep today, plus a set ring yesterday, all MP0. Hardcore, lvl 15 paragon and 150MF. The thing of a deep dropped out of a chest in act3 with 2 stacks and it's sick good. I think I should roll WD>

You should... I will if I find something insane for WD on my barbar
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]