Diablo® III

Your favorite skills you dont use (and why)

what are your favorite skill for your class that you don't use because you cant spare the slot, but would love to have in your build. (try to keep it less than three), and why you don't use them (if it is any other reason than just because you can't spare the slot)

for me my monk would LOVE to use cyclone strike and crippling wave,

cyclone strike because its freaking awesome and would work wonderfully with sweeping wind by pulling them into its aoe.
extra reasons: none, just the cant fit it in

and crippling wave, because with cyclone strike it would allow me a lot better crowd control
extra reasons: slower attack speed, and much lower proc rate than Fists of thunder/ thunderclap
Edited by SwiftKitten#1452 on 2/13/2013 9:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
Crippling wave Rising Tide is more than useable right now I'm pretty sure, especially with cyclone strike. Just have to move away from cookie cutter.

For my monk, I REALLY want to use some team healing/support skills.
BoH: But it's range is SO small, I can never heal anyone.
Inner Sanc: But standing in it simply isn't reasonable, especially for melee champs.
MoH: But it doesn't hardly heal...

For my WD I mostly just want to use locusts, but they're so epicly meh. That and anything that's not bears.

For my Barbarian, well, most things seem to actually work. I just wish I didn't need so many **** passives on my bar at once. War cry, Battle Rage, overpower:Killing spree.
Reply Quote
im glad they got rid of snap shot... i can finally replace fitl with cyclone strike.
Reply Quote
I'd love to use Weapon Throw as my barb, but every skill I have equipped is so necessary to my playstyle that I can't replace anything with it.
Reply Quote
what are your favorite skill for your class that you don't use because you cant spare the slot, but would love to have in your build. (try to keep it less than three), and why you don't use them (if it is any other reason than just because you can't spare the slot)

for me my monk would LOVE to use cyclone strike and crippling wave,

cyclone strike because its freaking awesome and would work wonderfully with sweeping wind by pulling them into its aoe.
extra reasons: none, just the cant fit it in

and crippling wave, because with cyclone strike it would allow me a lot better crowd control
extra reasons: slower attack speed, and much lower proc rate than Fists of thunder/ thunderclap

I use Cyclone (Implosion) on my Monk in my main spec, ditched blinding flash.

I tried Cyclone, then I tried going back to blinding flash and absolutely hated not having it. Couldn't live without it once I sampled it. Just being able to pull in and group up 100mobs is so much more efficient than some crappy little damage buff for 3sec (That's usually wasted if it's a ranged mob that kites you) when you can kill elites and champs easily anyway.
Edited by IllIllllIllI#1363 on 2/13/2013 9:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/13/2013 08:57 PMPosted by Jortalus
I'd love to use Weapon Throw as my barb, but every skill I have equipped is so necessary to my playstyle that I can't replace anything with it.

All I use is weapon throw, and never go out of fury lol. Throwing barb is the most fun I've had in D3 in a long time.
Reply Quote
300th spear drops your damage more than it ups the skill damage (if you have the proper funding to by a decent offhand that is.)
Reply Quote
Sacrifice, I love the idea but with the cooldown on dogs as you are leveling it's very risky cause you lose a ton of meat shields.
Reply Quote
Snake to the face, for the WD. Awsome name, cool animation,a solid sustainable stun, and just the thought of it...it's just way too situational and not worth keeping equipped.
Reply Quote
Wave of Force.

It looks cool... but the cooldown, the damage and the knockback can be really a deal-breaker.
Reply Quote
Not sure on "favorite", but some skills that I'd like to try out but don't would be Caltrops, Marked for Death and Cluster Arrow. The first two due to discipline cost (which I reserve for either shadow power or smoke screen) and cluster arrow because of it's resource cost (I would probably like/use it if I had the gear to reduce the cost with the combination of the passive Grenadier, but I don't have it).

Oh and hot pursuit I would love to use but it's 15% faster speed doesn't go over the cap even though it's only when you are at full hatred (which limits your build if you want that 15% all the time).
Reply Quote
I have: Cleave for fury generation/basic AOE attack, Rend as my heavy hitter, health regen and big AOE, Leap as my get in/get out/CC, Revenge for big damage/regen/fury when I'm getting pounded on by elites, and Throw Weapon and Chains for those annoying monsters like goblins and wasps when they aren't near me, or for pulling foes to me (chains).

I have almost 0 problems with this build. If I was going to dump something it would be chains or throw, but since giving up an insta-hit for a DOT (Ancient Hammer for Rend) I can't spam damage the way I used to and I need something rangey for goblins and chains is just useful in general.

If I could have one more move put in there, it would be Ancient Hammer. I was critting for 700k before I swapped it out and that was a long time ago, DPS wise. I would also like a shout.
Reply Quote
TOAD OF HUGENESS!
Reply Quote
Threatening shout, Earthquake, and Ground Stomp. These are skills I like a lot, but never get to use because of warcry / wotb / battle rage pretty much being mandatory on high MP's. Warcry not so much, but dam when I take it off I feel like they tear through me like tissue paper.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]