Diablo® III

Your favorite skills you dont use (and why)

Arcane Torrent

It looks so cool but it's just really hard to aim and the delay between cast and targets getting hit is hard to work with in tough spots. :(
Reply Quote
#1 Paralysis. Second most under-used skill IN THE ENTIRE game Via diablo3 progress Its even used less than default attack !!

#2 Wave of Force, yeah we know it sucks, despite how much griping we give about this skill in feedback it still has yet to be touched.

#3 Magic Weapon conduit: a proc rate chance to gain 1 arcane power per enemy hit. Oh also it gives you 10% weapon dps. Totally not like Battle cry into the fray (30% damage, 3% crit, 14 resource)

#4 Power Hungry: Really what wizard needs this skill the only use for globes is with archons WHO don't use Arcane power (well most archon's)
Reply Quote
There are quite a few with my DH :

- Rapid Fire. I have trouble killing goblins with bolas / ball lightning on MP6+. Rapid Fire would allow me to melt them, and I love the feel of it. Cons : not the real AoE I need + doesn't work with Life Steal + no room. Plus, any rune other than Withering Fire = bye bye, Hatred ! Especially against enemies that knock you back... ...You'd stop channeling and the 20 initial Hatred cost would trigger again, even though you didn't let go of the button...

- Caltrops. It would help me a lot in some situations. Alas, I don't have the room.

- Smoke Screen. Invicibility + aggro loss, need I say more ? But no room :(

- Evasive Fire + Covering Fire. Great basic skill, but I hate the discipline-hungry backflip. Enemies are often at short range, so EF+CF is a big no-no.

- Marked for Death - Very useful in parties. Who doesn't like dealing more damage ?

- Spike Trap or Sentries : they would be useful in some situations

- Cluster Arrow + Loaded for Bear : yay, a rocket launcher ! I love the feel of it. Same reason as most of the others why I don't use it : less important than the others, and no skill slot left.
Edited by ArmorVil#2795 on 2/16/2013 1:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
Wall of Zombie - Pile On.

It cracks me up every time.
Reply Quote
Monk - Hand Of Ytar: Imagine a range Monk spamming it with aoe dmg. *drool*
Mystic Ally: useless, 2% to generate 100 spirit? I had more luck farming for a legendary.
Mantra of healing.
Reply Quote
Disintegration is my favorite skill. I hope Blizzard buffs it to build more skill diversity for wizard.
Reply Quote
Leap is one of the most fun skills in the game but barbs don't have room for it in any efficient build. It also really needs to be on right click, which creates more problems.

This. I truly miss Leap and I am still waiting to see a Leap barb in the pubs now that they are MP-enabled.
Reply Quote
Leap is great, it can bypass many things tha other skills can't, walls/prison/the act 2 bosses bubble.

I use it when I solo the Ubers in the siege/bubble guy combo, because I can use it to leap out of the slowdown bubble and go after him rather then getting trapped with siege.
Reply Quote
Seven sided strike on the monk. It's a fun spell but just doesn't cut it.
And there were tons of fun spells for the wd that couldn't be used. Like the giant toad swallowing monsters.
Most annoying is when passives clog up one or even two of your few skill slots. Mantras, energy armor, war cry.
Reply Quote
Seven sided strike on the monk. It's a fun spell but just doesn't cut it.
And there were tons of fun spells for the wd that couldn't be used. Like the giant toad swallowing monsters.
Most annoying is when passives clog up one or even two of your few skill slots. Mantras, energy armor, war cry.

I've been wondering, how is 7 sided strike vs goblins? leveling my monk it's been sweet against them if just 1vs1.
Reply Quote
Leap is great, it can bypass many things tha other skills can't, walls/prison/the act 2 bosses bubble.

I use it when I solo the Ubers in the siege/bubble guy combo, because I can use it to leap out of the slowdown bubble and go after him rather then getting trapped with siege.

Yes Leap has its utility and I like Death from Above particularly but most of all it's mainly fun. That, I'm afraid, is also its downfall.
Reply Quote
Revenge, the problem is rend gets so much more effective once your dps gets high enough.

It's my favorite skill in the whole game and I had a lot of fun jumping into a big group of enemies with leap and shreding them to pieces with revenge while getting hp back. Good times.
Reply Quote
02/15/2013 02:12 PMPosted by Grimiku
I’d love to find a way to get Hex - Angry Chicken on my skill bar. This might be easier in Normal mode, but my Witch Doctor is Hardcore and would need to replace Horrify – Stalker, and I really like having a "get away from me" option. Angry Chicken sorta does the same thing, but it’s slightly less effective and doesn’t have the speed boost. Maybe once my gear gets a little better. :)

Angry Chicken does have a speed boost: 15%

It doesn't show up on the tooltip but you can see it in your character stats. Very powerful skill, breaks Jailor too.

For me, it's Lob Blob Bomb. The slime DoT damage does not stack, and you are limited to 3 slimes. In the original skill calculators in 2011, these guys lasted 12 or 16 seconds and I was pumped about making a "pre-buff" DoT build where I could set up a bunch of damage before a battle started.
Reply Quote
I designed an entire build around blizzard and Ray of Frost just so i could use Ray of frost with black ice.

My characters name isn't Frostbadger for nothing! Seemed anti-climactic to use Non frost spells!
Reply Quote
WD

Skills I don't use I would like too. Any of the 2 min skills, either too long time between recharge, or too short a time even if I just use for elites.

Sacrifice, I like it, it can be strong, but too many skills and equipment to make it effective, that weaken everything else.

Bears: godly powerful and awesome...but so many places where they are useless like stairs where they can't do anything because they get caught.

wall of zombies, it's nice but not found it helpful most times, pile on I'm told is great, but seems too hit and miss.

Skills I use, but don't like as currently. Grusome Feast/soul harvest, I like their power and DPS...but it's frankly stupid to give a ranged class buffs that require melee range.

Agree with Wolfwing on a lot of this.

2 minute cooldown is just too long in this game, especially with a limited skill bar space. Maybe missing something, but just too long.

Sacrifice. Would like to have the gold to get the equipment to try a zero dog build. Mabe someday.
Be nice if Homu dropped in Inferno.

Ranged skills. The ranges are too short. You have to get in close to use skills like soul harvest. (You can dart in with spirit walk then hope you don't need it in the next 15 sec.) Like the 15 sec cooldown on soul harvest though. But limited skill bar space.

Hex. Sorc follower takes care of that. But sorc disappears for multi-player. And not worth a toolbar space for one hex in ubers.
Reply Quote
Earthquake definitely.
Cooldown way too long... How come Nekarat the keywarden can spam it every 10-15 seconds?
Reply Quote
Caltrops: Jagged Spikes. Proc was removed. Even if there was a little proc back on int I'd use it instead of Gloom.
Reply Quote
As Wizard: Disintegrate - I was eagerly waiting for the moment I'll unlock this awesome skill. Best-looking skill in the whole game. Even its sound is amazing. It's just melting enemies... but only on lower difficulties. On Inferno you should have a pretty boring build in order to use it. And even then it's not really efficient. Low damage as well. Not good against single targets. Not good for Inferno. Pity. I'm sick of tornadoes, archons & blizzards, really.

As Barb: Weapon Throw & Leap - I want to hit the little running b*stards from a distance but WW is the only efficient way to farm these days. And Leap because... well, you know, it saves time. But for now I just have to use the skills that multiply my damage and defenses, otherwise I'd be running at MP0 and stay P35 forever, with no good loot.

Cheerz!
Reply Quote
Acid Cloud. I want so bad to make my WD long range, but NOTHING compares to ZB.

on lower mp i use Pestilence (locust swarm rune) on trash because its fun to watch mostly. it does decent damage, but its not crazy. wish it was more cuz it is 210%/6s DoT vs 236% instant.

Acid Cloud IMO just costs way too much for such small damage. I really want to use the Kiss of Death, but for such small damage boost vs normal AC, its not worth the loss in range.
Edited by RaunchyFartB#1394 on 2/16/2013 5:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
A few months ago i would've said Ancient Spear for my Throw/Hammer barb, since its so much fun to pull a pack of mobs in and unleash the hammer on them. However, i've already made the decision of fun > efficiency in that regard a while ago: I've ditched the boring War Cry for Ancient Spear, got a tad of res extra on my gear and started playing a MP lower.

Right now i guess it would be the Brawler passive, for the 30% dmg bonus when you're surrounded. With that i can make 1 million dmg on some of my hammers, which makes me smile :). Putting it in would mean losing out on No Escape, because taking out Ruthless or Weapons Master would put me below that million again. I can do without No Escape if i really want to, but the first load up period to get Battle Rage - Into the Fray takes a little too long for my tastes, and having just a single spear every ten seconds makes it less useful against AoE-elites like frozen and molten.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]