Diablo® III

i thought others hate AH but

i thought one of the things they dislike in d3 is the AH because it destroys the game blah blah,but then find this things http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XgOsrgel1M amazing huh?
Reply Quote
the problem is not the AH
the problem is your drops being 100 times worse because AH exists
Blizzard itself already said they have to tune diablo 3 drops otherwise people would have good items too fast

hope you were just uninformed and not trolling
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
02/15/2013 12:43 AMPosted by Tgod
Blizzard itself already said they have to tune diablo 3 drops otherwise people would have good items too fast

No, Blizzard did not say that. Bashiok had a quote taken out of context and Wyatt Cheng said emphatically that D3's drops were not tuned around the AH:

"The drop rates were tuned for a player who would never use the Auction House. For the majority of internal development, we didn't have an Auction House, and we all played using our own drops only. I've personally leveled multiple characters from 1 to 60 internally before the game came out using only drops that I found -- we all did."

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6317360#dropratesah

Stop spreading misinformation.
Reply Quote
I was talking about a much newer Blizzard response to diablofans. Not going to search for that, no reason.

I am no longer a diablo3 player.

We could again and again discuss how diablo 3 is good or bad but by the end of the day we choose to play whatever we want. Free will is quite something.
Edited by Tgod#1757 on 2/15/2013 1:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
02/15/2013 01:29 AMPosted by Tgod
I was talking about a much newer Blizzard response to diablofans. Not going to search for that, no reason.

That's too bad as it would've entirely changed the debate. If it exists.

02/15/2013 01:29 AMPosted by Tgod
We could again and again discuss how diablo 3 is good or bad but by the end of the day we choose to play whatever we want. Free will is quite something.

Now this I totally agree with. Me, I play D3 and PoE--and when Marvel Heroes is released, I'll probably play that too.

It's all about having choices, baby.
Reply Quote
02/15/2013 12:56 AMPosted by Ryaskybird

No, Blizzard did not say that. Bashiok had a quote taken out of context and Wyatt Cheng said emphatically that D3's drops were not tuned around the AH:

"The drop rates were tuned for a player who would never use the Auction House. For the majority of internal development, we didn't have an Auction House, and we all played using our own drops only. I've personally leveled multiple characters from 1 to 60 internally before the game came out using only drops that I found -- we all did."

I'm sorry but that was damage control.

1) You don't need good gear to level to 60
2) In order to have beaten inferno HC, you absolutely needed gear from others.

You have to be dense to think that trading or an AH does not play a part in ARPG drop rates.
Reply Quote
02/17/2013 03:39 AMPosted by FrodoFragins
You have to be dense to think that trading or an AH does not play a part in ARPG drop rates.

^ top reason why ppl say drops in d3 suck bcuz of AH affecting drop rates.
Reply Quote
Thanks OP. That's quite an irony, *facepalm* 3rd party searcher for POE trade.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note : Regarding D3 droprate tied to AH,

*shrug* seriously, this is the game that have KISS (keep it simple S****) stamped on it's forehead. Look at all the skill system, the story, the environment.

Don't you think suspecting that D3 have a very complex system that track price of buy and sell for different items with different stat in AH, and adjusting the drop rate automatically is a little bit paranoid ?

IMO, What bashiok trying to say is, blizzard will need to consider effect to AH when they implement new itemization. Just like BOA 1.07, you can see the fear and anger of some AH user in general discussion.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
02/17/2013 03:39 AMPosted by FrodoFragins

I'm sorry but that was damage control.

1) You don't need good gear to level to 60
2) In order to have beaten inferno HC, you absolutely needed gear from others.

Mr. Cheng's declaration that:

"The auction house has absolutely no effect on drop rates. There are conspiracy theories and misunderstandings, but I do want to re-iterate: there is NO interaction whatsoever."

doesn't sound like damage control. Rather, it is a clear and definite statement that the AH does not affect the drop rates.

Of course, you can wear the latest in tin hats (I hear shiny side out is in this year), if you like, but for myself, I'll take what one of D3's senior designers says over forum conspiracies any day.
Reply Quote
02/15/2013 12:56 AMPosted by Ryaskybird

Well the misinformation is the drops are tuned around the AH BUT! without being specifically programmed towards that end.

There are random limits to best drops and you will find them in the AH, that's how players have to tune in and use the AH.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
02/18/2013 05:50 PMPosted by RockSalt

Well the misinformation is the drops are tuned around the AH BUT! without being specifically programmed towards that end.

There are random limits to best drops and you will find them in the AH, that's how players have to tune in and use the AH.

Okay, let me see if I understand. You're saying that because the best of the drops are posted on the AH, players MUST use it?

What if there wasn't an in-game AH? Would you then feel compelled to go to D2JSP or any other third party trading site to purchase whatever is listed there? Or would you just ignore them? And if you would ignore them, why can't you do the same with the AH?
Reply Quote
What if there wasn't an in-game AH? Would you then feel compelled to go to D2JSP or any other third party trading site to purchase whatever is listed there? Or would you just ignore them? And if you would ignore them, why can't you do the same with the AH?

The difference is one is supported by the official the other isnt.
One is also developed around it and the other isn't,.

By simple development sense you would factor in drop rates accordingly to the AH's listed items, why wouldn't you? You want more revenue generating off of it don't you? 15% of all transactions = income.

3rd party on the other hand why would you develop around a 3rd party site that gains profit and you don't?

You were the one telling me businesses are out to get money 100% of the time rather than make a game for players to enjoy so by that logic this concept of developing around AH should be true.
They're not making a game for players to enjoy, just enough to either
a) hook them in and have them repeatedly do something for a price entry fee or
b) have players get greedy and spend money on pay to win.
Your philosophy of games and game companies.
Not my philosophy of what game companies should be aiming for.
ArenaNet and Grinding Gear Games and Runic Games have a pretty good philosophy.
ANet: "we make a good game and try to earn the player's money not the other way around".
GGG "We played a lot of games over the years, we're going to make one we would have fun playing ourselves"
Runic Games "We wanted to make it fun, and be able to let you change it up yourself also"

Whether it's BS or not they haven't exactly implemented such systems as a REAL money auction house in those games they run or pay 2 win systems. Only Blizzard has.

Blizzard S - "We believe we exceeded many people's highest expectations"
The only question I have about blizz south's expectations are which people, internal players(QA?) or the external players(customers?)? And if what they believe isn't true then who are they even listening to?
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 2/19/2013 5:18 PM PST
Reply Quote

Okay, let me see if I understand. You're saying that because the best of the drops are posted on the AH, players MUST use it?

You make it sound like people are being coerced, yet the drops are what they are and it would be fair to say a vast majority of players will use the AH to gear up for a majority of their item slots. I see it as a huge change in gameplay experience from D2 where I found everything without having any inkling of a need to trade.

In my view drops were purposely made this way in order to not only generate income for their servers but also show PROFIT.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]