Diablo® III

Playing With Fire - The All-Fire Build

Was running this with Aimless, TekkZero, and Yems yesterday-

Link to build:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#bPgiSf!egT!ZaZccZ

The idea is using all Fire spells with the Burning Axe of Sankis, which boosts their damage by 25% on a perfect roll, and 2 piece Tal Rasha's for another 3%. Only 2 defensive skills are used- Slow Time / Time Warp (which is also a DPS boost) and Ice Armor Crystallize. The Axe makes it possible to drop Diamond Skin- it's proc is the Barbarian ability Ignore Pain that has a chance to trigger when you are hit and it has no internal cooldown.

I used both Meteor Shower and Molten Impact, but I prefer Shower with this build for wider range AOE because of the narrow focused effects of Fire Bolts and Mammoth Hydra. Mammoth Hydra can be recast immediately after it fires its trail to fire another one which stacks. You can use Mammoth Hydra and Meteor Shower for offscreen kills on low MP.

Arcane Dynamo boosts both Meteor and Hydra.

I had close to 1600 LOH and was getting by with Blood Magic for LS on MP7.
Edited by DoctorDoom#1357 on 2/16/2013 7:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
How often does Sankis proc Ignore Pain?

I would definitely like to try this.
Reply Quote
I knew it! I finally have a chance to put my legacy Magefists to use!
http://i.imgur.com/GdcDTjZ.jpg
Reply Quote
How often does Sankis proc Ignore Pain?

I would definitely like to try this.
DoctorDoom was telling me last night that there isn't an internal cooldown for the Burning Axe, unlike the Butcher's Sickle. I haven't confirmed it myself, but it sounds promising.
Reply Quote
There's no internal cooldown. It stacks with Crystallize, Blur and Safe Passage buffs.
Reply Quote
Pretty awesome build, saw you changed slow time and CM for blizzard and coldblooded which i like. Any thoughts on the APOC requirements and any better replacements for mammoth hydra bc it honestly just sucks.
Reply Quote
02/16/2013 10:42 PMPosted by TheClaw
Pretty awesome build, saw you changed slow time and CM for blizzard and coldblooded which i like. Any thoughts on the APOC requirements and any better replacements for mammoth hydra bc it honestly just sucks.

Runeless hydra?
Reply Quote
02/16/2013 07:41 AMPosted by Niko
http://i.imgur.com/GdcDTjZ.jpg

holy crap i didnt know such item exist
Reply Quote
02/16/2013 10:42 PMPosted by TheClaw

it sucks if you don't build around it
Reply Quote
Yeah- I found Unrelenting Storm, Snowbound, or Stark Winter Blizzard + Cold Blooded to be more effective overall than Slow Time / CM or Illusionist. Now the build puts out massive wide area AOE DPS, maybe more so than Chaos Nexus Disintegrate.

Mammoth Hydra is great with this build. The idea is to fill the screen with as much AOE as possible and you can't do that without it. Remember, my gear is boosting its damage by 28%.

Don't worry about all those AP spenders- you can have all of them going at once and 1-2 casts of Fire Bolts will fully restore your AP with 50% CC and 20 APOC if Shower and Blizzard don't do it

You can either stand in the middle of everything and spam Fire Bolts on high MP or you can offscreen stuff on low MP for XP farming.

Finally a build that actually feels like a Wizard instead of Mega Man from Marvel vs. Capcom (TORNADO HOLD! TORNADO HOLD!).
Edited by DoctorDoom#1357 on 2/17/2013 6:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
Hello Doom,

Nice build! Any thoughts on the no rune hydra? :)
Reply Quote
I haven't tried the no-rune Hydra but I think it fires bolts than do less damage than Mammoth's AoE blanket (that you are standing in so enemies stay in too).
Reply Quote
I thought Hydra was glitched and didn't get the buffs from skills %

I might have to use it on my ice build if that is not the case.
Reply Quote
Got rid of Blizzard as it was a waste of AP, replaced it with Sparkflint, replaced Blood Magic with Force Weapon due to having over 1600 LOH, replaced Cold Blooded with Blur.
Reply Quote
if you hit a target with all 7 hits, meteor shower does way more damage

of course they'd have to be fat as hell for that to work
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]