Diablo® III

Improvements You Want in PvP(Aside from Balan

Here's my list:

1. More arenas/areas; I was thinking a unique area for each Act would be cool

2. Traps, exploitable environmental hazards (exploding barrels, fire pits, falling objects that can stun, etc.)

3. Health globes drop from slain opponents?

4. Resource globe/cooldown resets after certain number of rounds? (currently as DH I don't like how I can win a round but my enemy has a huge advantage on respawn since I"m still recovering HP and most importantly Discipline)

5. Ability to choose round length/number of rounds in a brawl before ability/HP reset

6. Replay feature

7. Small reward in Exp and Gold for winning duels (not so large that people can farm it)

8. Achievements and Rewards (Banner Sigils, portraits, etc.)

9. Ability to Spectate Rounds
Reply Quote
View profile
- more maps. in the pvp blog they really made it sound like they were releasing 4 maps for dueling. But in fact they just named different parts of the one map they gave us lol. Such a rip off!

- automatic matchmaking based on win rate.

- a way to spectate matches and record replays of the fight

- increase max number of players to 5 in a party for brawling.

- a kill/death counter
Reply Quote
View profile
We need a better interface in order to search for PvP matches.
Reply Quote
this^. is there a convention that we can use to set up pvp games until blizz hopefully puts the feature in the game? everyone in act I last quest, maybe, pvp?
Reply Quote
View profile
02/16/2013 04:55 PMPosted by Baibaiboo
this^. is there a convention that we can use to set up pvp games until blizz hopefully puts the feature in the game? everyone in act I last quest, maybe, pvp?

public game last quest inferno act 1. mp10 for pros, mp0 for every one else
Reply Quote
I'M WITH EVERYONE ELSE THEN BRO GET READY MP0 I GOT THIS !@#$
Reply Quote
View profile

public game last quest inferno act 1. mp10 for pros, mp0 for every one else

It's a nice idea! But in order to work, players should be aware of it. By now I spend a long time looking for PvP matches. The PvP channel doesnt work so well, cause most of the time it seems empty...

P.S. - Just found out you can NOT join act 1 quest in public games by now!!
Edited by DerfelCadarn#1601 on 2/17/2013 6:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
How about... simply giving us full resources after death instead of this half nonsense. Monks.
Reply Quote
1. An independent pvp channel

2. A ranking system for both server and class.

3. Point system for pvp.

-Points gained from wins/losses/draws (draws being a player killing another and that player dying of DOT from his opponent
-Points able to be used for claiming items for pvp. EG: Temporary stat increase potion, temporary buff potions.

4. Weekly/Monthly competetions held among players of same rank.

-Prizes allocated to winners of competitions such as equipments of random stats.

As for the long run of the game pvp system, probably a cross server pvp competition at various times of the day or week. Two timings preferred for players in various regions of the world playing on the same servers.

5. Group pvp for 2v2 on current diablo gameplay. If the developers decide to increase the players in a map then probably a 3v3 or max 4v4.
Edited by SilverSpear#1274 on 2/18/2013 1:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
I'd like something more than "just brawling" when it comes to pvp. How about a defense of the ancients/league of legends style pvp? You know, a tug of war between 4-5-6 players on each team trying to encroach on eachother's base and destroy it. defenses and spawned units helping with defense and offense. In my opinion there is more strategy, team play, and overall fun involved in a tug of war strategy game that can go on for an hour or more, rather than simply running around using shots and such that dont really take much strat..
Reply Quote
View profile
one shots*
Reply Quote
Um.. I want to start simple by saying..

Balance the damage across the board for classes.

Wiz damage feels really bad in comparison to my WD- Monk/DH burst damage is simply just INSANE.. and barbs feel middle of the pack in damage. Bad thing is that with Monk/DH damage so high it forces barbs into tanks.. and WD/Wiz into Glass cannons as well. With 600-700 RA and 6k Armor when playing my wiz I can still get hit for 700k-1mil damage in a single attack. So I usually have to arcane shield, on my WD I last 2 hits.. however on my WD my haunt can single handedly kill ANYONE if they can not remove it or absorb it.. kind of imba. Rest of WD skills are really really underwhelming in the damage department though, as well as the rest of the Wiz attacks.
Reply Quote
Give wizards a reliable DoT (see Haunt, Rend, Impale) or high instant burst nuke (see Wave of Light) like the other classes :(

Really, that's the only thing that's screwing me in PvP. Every class has a way to instant nuke and run or throw a DoT and run away. Meanwhile, as a wizard, I have to constantly either kite or jump back into the fray in order to do damage.
Reply Quote
Give wizards a reliable DoT (see Haunt, Rend, Impale) or high instant burst nuke (see Wave of Light) like the other classes :(

Really, that's the only thing that's screwing me in PvP. Every class has a way to instant nuke and run or throw a DoT and run away. Meanwhile, as a wizard, I have to constantly either kite or jump back into the fray in order to do damage.

+100
Reply Quote
In addition to ranked matchmaking based on win %.

There can be a custom/ unranked mode where people to create their own PvP game/ and allow observers in the game. In the custom mode, people can mark each other as alleys if they need to. So at 4 players this can eventually be 1 v 3, or 2 v 2., or FFA.
Reply Quote
How about... simply giving us full resources after death instead of this half nonsense. Monks.

In a formal system should allow at least resources to fully regen after each round.
Reply Quote
- More maps/arenas.
- An actual act/town that is solely for the purpose of PvP.
- Better social features/interface overall. Should be much more like D2.

That's all I can think of for now.
Khaela#1444
Twitch.TV/Twerkulatorr
Team PPF & vVv Gaming
Reply Quote
The game is missing a counter for wins and dead's :P

And more competition ideas. Maybe a league ... Or at least a team play, 4 vs 4 is a must.

I don't even remember when was the last time I played duels ... Statistics makes this game more competitive .

Now it just got me bored of it already, ...

And yes, small amount of gold for fighting would be also nice :P

And many other things, as it needs to allow the system to select a winner when first player dies and every time it happens, when players first agree on the game and enter the arena, by pressing OK button.

And if they want to test skills, it could be some training mode, so it wont count at all :P
Or something better...

More maps, agree on that.

Than, also, when I kill the opponent, and I am at low life (less than 50%), why not refill the life of the player as well, when the dead player comes back to life?

Since the dead guy is back in the game, I still have low life and I am easy target to be killed, cause I cant refill just yet. At least in 1 vs 1.

It makes no sense, when lots of players leave arena just to heal and than comeback in.

I think it would be only fair to start with the full life again.

But, the biggest issue is no ranking system with a major fail, where there is no stat counter .... IMHO

It should be one easy and quick fix!!!!!
Edited by Nikorr#1267 on 2/23/2013 7:35 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]